Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's time for the Clippers to blow it up, and isn't this supposed to be the year they do if they don't achieve anything.

The idea to blow up a team with two bigs in the prime of their careers will never not be funny / weird to me.

I mean I get it, but even if this wasn't the Clippers I wouldn't do it. Blake is 27, DJ is 28, and they're consistently at 55+ wins. With that relative youth and success, retooling > blowing it up. Being that successful has value, especially when 2 of their 3 best players haven't hit 30 yet.

Its one thing to leave

Its another thing to join the team with the unanimous mvp, 73 wins and the squad that 1-3'd you

Beta as F

Its one thing to leave

Its another thing to join the team with the unanimous mvp, 73 wins and the squad that 1-3'd you

Beta as F

I just dont see how people don't realize this. OKC was up 3-1 on them. They had a chance to win, actually, 3 chances to beat Golden State. And Durant's play those last couple games is what sunk them. I could fully understand if they were swept 4-0 and thoroughly embarrassed and outclassed, but they were on the cusp of beating them. It just looks real funny.

The idea to blow up a team with two bigs in the prime of their careers will never not be funny / weird to me.

I mean I get it, but even if this wasn't the Clippers I wouldn't do it. Blake is 27, DJ is 28, and they're consistently at 55+ wins. With that relative youth and success, retooling > blowing it up. Being that successful has value, especially when 2 of their 3 best players haven't hit 30 yet.
Clippers are a SF, good back up point guard away from being a championship team. You don't blow up this team. Its dumb

Miami wasn't that impressive their first month together in 2010-2011. Let's give the Warriors till' All Star Break to give a full assessment.

The Warriors don't play well against the young Lakers for whatever reason. They lost against them last season too. I dunno if it's the matchups or the Warriors just dont take them serious.

Alvin Gentry is gonna get fired next month. He shoulda' stuck to being an assistant.

It might be reaching but it's lookin like Dwayne Wade is the best player on Chicago. Maybe Butler should step aside and let Dwayne close.

Derrick Rose is looking like the best player on New York. Carmelo should step aside and let Derrick close.

I think for New York and Chicago to make the playoffs, those two have to lead the team and be the no.1 options.

Clippers are a SF, good back up point guard away from being a championship team. You don't blow up this team. Its dumb

I mean, you can't win a ring every year.

And despite what the media will have you believe, there's real value in being a perennial 55 win team and being in position to contend. Especially when youth and talent are on your side.

Since CP has been in LA, there's been like two teams that have a greater winning percentage. That means that every year they're in contention and that matters.

I love the golden state thing. We need a villian and someone the people hate. Makes for good tv. Just like miami, every loss, the people will act as if they lost game I of the finals. And with the internet it makes for hilarious memes and good laughs.

Clippers depth shouldn't be a problem. They have to stay healthy and cut down on the brain farts in the clutch

Health during the reg season is huge.

They've won like on avg 56 games a season in the Doc Rivers era, and either Blake or CP has missed significant time in every single season. It has a huge effect on their playoff positioning, and is a big reason why LAC hasn't finished higher than 3 which kills them in the playoffs. They've lost like two series in which they had HC, and both of those series (Memphis, Portland) Blake and / or CP have gotten hurt.

I love the golden state thing. We need a villian and someone the people hate. Makes for good tv. Just like miami, every loss, the people will act as if they lost game I of the finals. And with the internet it makes for hilarious memes and good laughs.

Yup. Miami heatles were great for the NBA. So entertaining. What a ride they took the league on

My main man Tyus fianlly in the rotation for Minnesota.

Dept with OKC is an issue. Competitive game so far

KAT putting in work 
pimp.gif

I think a guy like Zach Lavine, would fair well in OKC. Nerlens Noel too.
They'll never make those acquisitions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom