Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch the Wizards play every game. Huge john Wall fan.....but he's not seeing Steph. It isn't really close. And that's no knock on Wall. Who I've called a top 10-15 player for a few years now.

@JJs07 weigh in.

I tried.

@TheCollector is delusional.

Like EVERY Wall fan in here, there's not a lot of us lol, is disagreeing with him and STILL it's not getting through.

We're not answering because it's absolutely ridiculous. The only other Wall/Wiz fan that hasn't yet responded to this argument is double Js. Wall does do "more" but the only sizeable difference between the two pales in comparison to possibly the most important thing you do on the court, scoring. Wall will never in his life be the level scorer that Curry has been for almost 5 years now. I really don't understand why you're harping on this. When John has a top 5 season ever, then revisit it then. Until then, can you chill please?

Right now today Curry is 25 PPG. Wall is 22.7 PPG. That's about a two point difference.

Now compare every other stat between the two and tell me who's favor that's in. I'll wait.

Last edited:
@TheCollector

Wall is a better defender and Passer. It stops there. Adding in things like "stealer" (which Steph led the league in last year) and "blocker" is just fluff.....and flat out stupid when discussing defense which encompasses more than that. Steph Curry has had a season where he's averaged 24/9/4....John Wall is having a career year....and will never be able to average 30/7/5/2 on 50/45/90...on a 73 win team as the #1 option.

It's really an all around dumb argument on your part. Wall is amazing. The Wizards are balling. He's finally getting his due. That's all that needs to be said.

Right now today Curry is 25 PPG. Wall is 22.7 PPG. That's about a two point difference.

Now compare every other stat between the two and tell me who's favor that's in. I'll wait.

You realize this is John's best year scoring and it's been like 4 years since Steph was that low right?

Edit: I'll make it even more plain. John, in the things he excels at, is one of the best in the league. Steph, in the things he excels at, is one of the best in history. And the things that John is better at(passing, defense, rebounds) Steph is also at or very close to the top of the league as well. It's not a discussion. Steph is better. Even if John does do other things better, he's not better than Steph

Last edited:
Hmmm so what we're getting at is Kyrie being better than dellavadova??? No way

Bron led both teams in points, rebounds, and assists, 3rd in steals in 2015. Cavs lose the series with no Kyrie after game 1 or Love for the series. Kyrie and Love there in 2016 they win. You see where I'm going here? The help he didn't have in 15 was there last June. And barring injury will be there this coming June. So yes he's expected to put forth that type of effort again this time. He has plenty of help.

Last edited:

We're not answering because it's absolutely ridiculous. The only other Wall/Wiz fan that hasn't yet responded to this argument is double Js. Wall does do "more" but the only sizeable difference between the two pales in comparison to possibly the most important thing you do on the court, scoring. Wall will never in his life be the level scorer that Curry has been for almost 5 years now. I really don't understand why you're harping on this. When John has a top 5 season ever, then revisit it then. Until then, can you chill please?

It's almost like this guy named Kevin Durant joined his team this year. It's almost like he averaged 30 a game on 50/45/91 shooting last year. It's almost like even in a down year, he's still shooting 41% on threes while Wall is below league average. It's almost like even when Curry's shots aren't falling, his gravity makes a massive impact on everything else that happens on the floor.

You just sound ridiculous right now.

Last edited:
Wolves need to continue to up the pace. Gotta let these young pups run.

C3lQMVcUYAEUIOr.jpg

Y'all sleeping on where Wall has advantages.

For example Curry has played in 542 games. Wall has played in 468. Curry has 79 double doubles to Walls 115. A rather large margin for a player who's played in 74 fewer games.

This year alone Wall is 28 to Curry 4.

Walls career assist totals destroy Curry on every level. It's not close at all. Look at their per 48.

View media item 2319414View media item 2319415

Last edited:
That's what I thought. You can't make a case outside of scoring. Now be man enough to admit Wall is the better all around player.

If I did have to pick between the two it'll depend on my teams makeup. If take Wall over Curry at PG but Curry over Wall at SG.

curry over wall period

nobody ever says ill take grant hill over michael jordan

Y'all sleeping on where Wall has advantages.

For example Curry has played in 542 games. Wall has played in 468. Curry has 79 double doubles to Walls 115. A rather large margin for a player who's played in 74 fewer games.

This year alone Wall is 28 to Curry 4.

Walls career assist totals destroy Curry on every level. It's not close at all. Look at their per 48.

Couldn't find their per 61?

we are what, 4 months into the season? steph lead the entire league in steals last year. last year steph averaged 5.4 rebounds per game, while wall averaged 4.9. ignore how wall got killed in every shooting aspect except for 2p made. curry had less turnovers and averaged 10 more points per game.

so last year, wall shot and made more 2s by a fraction of a percent.... and averaged more assists. and this is the better all around player? or is wall the better overall player cuz this season hes doing well?

Put KD and Draymond on the Wiz and we'll see how Wall's numbers look afterwards

They'd go up assist wise. Green wouldn't run the point with Wall on the team. Wall is a better playmaker then Green. Otto Porter shouldn't lead the league in 3s with the shooters GS have.

Wall shooting percentage right now is .6 under Curry. That's just simply shooting between the two with Wall shooting like 8 more shots and Curry playing 1 more game. With KD or not Curry percentage should be better. Either he's slipping or Wall has gotten a lot better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom