Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kawhi in January (13 games) ....

Six 30-point games
One 40-point game

28.6ppg
5.2rpg
3.5apg
1.2bpg
1.2spg
.521% FG
.427% 3PT
.885% FT

only 18 shots

:x

Remember when those first 4 games happened, he wasn't going to be able to keep it up? Now, he's doing even more work in January :lol:

Last edited:
Is the Melo Knicks thing the first instance of a guy with a no trade clause who needs to be traded? It's funny to see how little leverage the Knicks have because of that factor.

I can't believe they're even considering these awful offers that involve no picks. The no trade clause is hampering a lot of potential deals.

He doesn't need to be traded tho
I didn't want to use that word but it feels like we've gotten to that point don't you think?

Kind of. He doesn't want to go but Phil is pushing him out. The relationship is toxic for no reason.

I don't believe for a second that a guy who put up something like 30/7/4 on 50/40/80 this month isn't worth more than Austin Rivers & a 2023 draft pick.

Bulls Threatened To Cut Jimmy Butler's Minutes If He Didn't Sign Extension In 2014

When Jimmy Butler was eligible for a contract extension in 2014, the Chicago Bulls made him a low offer and threatened to cut his playing time if he didn't accept it.

"Jimmy Butler after his third year, scored about 13 points a game," said Russillo. "He's going to hit, right? Wow. What a great draft pick. This front office has donn a good job here, but he's not a star, so as a restricted free agent we'll offer you an extension. They offered him four years about $44 million, in the forties, pretty good money.

"The way restricted free agency works is you know if you can get there, another team is going to offer you way more than you're probably worth because they don't want the other team to match it.

"So Butler is like, 'look that's a nice offer but I'm not taking it.'

"And then Klay Thompson gets four for $70 million. And if you remember, at the time, people were going 'man, you have to max Klay Thompson?' Because Klay Thompson then, is not who Klay Thompson is today.

"So Butler's like 'I'm going to get my money.'

"And the way I was told the story is that it wasn't the coaching staff, it was someone in the front office went to Jimmy Butler and said 'if you don't sign this extension, we're going to play Tony Snell over you. We are going to give you his minutes and that's going to drop your minutes and numbers down.'

"'And Butler's like, 'are you kidding me? Tony Snell? This dude I killed in practice. That's what you're going to do? You're going to try to depress my market by playing a lesser player more than me?'

Tom Thibodeau refused to follow through with the Bulls' threat and Butler emerged as the Most Improved Player in the NBA. Butler went on to sign a five-year, $95 million contract as a restricted free agent.

"Butler doesn't trust the front office because he feels like they were going to do this to him. And that's why there's always this animosity and that's why his name, even though I could never truly figure out where he's connected other than maybe the Boston rumor or the Minnesota rumor going back to last summer's draft."

Butler shared his mistrust of the Bulls with Dwyane Wade and that has spilled over to Fred Hoiberg as well.

Read that earlier...ain't eem mad a Jimmy for not trusting the bulls FO..and that explains the Thibs situation there. They wanted him to bench Jimmy for Snell he said hell no :lol: :pimp:

Six 30-point games
One 40-point game

28.6ppg
5.2rpg
3.5apg
1.2bpg
1.2spg
.521% FG
.427% 3PT
.885% FT

only 18 shots

Remember when those first 4 games happened, he wasn't going to be able to keep it up? Now, he's doing even more work in January :lol:
Tier one player in the league of which there are only 4.

Six 30-point games
One 40-point game

28.6ppg
5.2rpg
3.5apg
1.2bpg
1.2spg
.521% FG
.427% 3PT
.885% FT

only 18 shots

Tier one player in the league of which there are only 4.

Need to see his per-61 averages before coming to a full conclusion.

Scumbag bulls.

Kawhi is a beast where the dudes at that said Pg13 was better [emoji]128564[/emoji][emoji]128564[/emoji][emoji]128564[/emoji]

Is the Melo Knicks thing the first instance of a guy with a no trade clause who needs to be traded? It's funny to see how little leverage the Knicks have because of that factor.

I can't believe they're even considering these awful offers that involve no picks. The no trade clause is hampering a lot of potential deals.

If it was not for that he would of been traded. Lol

Teams like Charlotte, Phoenix, many more would of gave a decent enough package for NY to take with a player/pick.

NY Goofed with that NTC. BIG! :smh:
Melo didn't tho... He wont be traded to anywhere other than where he wants to be. Not sure what the Knicks thought a NTC was :rofl:

If it was not for that he would of been traded. Lol

Teams like Charlotte, Phoenix, many more would of gave a decent enough package for NY to take with a player/pick.

NY Goofed with that NTC. BIG!
mean.gif
Melo didn't tho... He wont be traded to anywhere other than where he wants to be. Not sure what the Knicks thought a NTC was
roll.gif
FO probly thought it meant he couldnt ask to be traded

Just got tickets to the Wizards at Sixers game on February 24th (first game after the All-Star break)....hoping this will be Ben's debut game :pimp:

that move at 3:15 :x okc bench was not happy :lol:
and when the hell did they sign joel anthony :lol:

Last edited:

Six 30-point games
One 40-point game

28.6ppg
5.2rpg
3.5apg
1.2bpg
1.2spg
.521% FG
.427% 3PT
.885% FT

only 18 shots

I was 100% dead wrong.

He's amazing.

This will more than likely be the MVP battle by season end. I'm expecting the Rockets to fall off some more, which will eliminate Harden.

Spurs/Warriors will more than likely have the two best records in the league.

View media item 2318934

I wonder how that conversation went when GarPax went to Thibs & told him to play bum *** Snell over Jimmy :rofl:

This will more than likely be the MVP battle by season end. I'm expecting the Rockets to fall off some more, which will eliminate Harden.

Spurs/Warriors will more than likely have the two best records in the league.

View media item 2318934

dang i didnt know they were both playing so good while their teams are so different. KD can easily have 3 other players drop 30-40 a night while Kawhi is the primary scorer on his team. West gonna be the best for a very long time i see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom