Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some stuff from last night:

SUNNI
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@SunniAndTheCity

The Knicks partied at Eden last night so good luck today [emoji]9749[/emoji]️[emoji]128514[/emoji]

C3i4wFhVcAA6Q1L.jpg

Ohm Youngmisuk @NotoriousOHM

With Knicks trailing by 20, one Knicks fan in D.C. has seen enough. He keeps screaming during timeout w/ this sign.
9:10 PM - 31 Jan 2017

"The Phoenix Suns and Sacramento Kings have had discussions about a trade involving All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins according to Arizona Sports’ John Gambadoro"

"Gambadoro reports the discussions have centered around involving small forward T.J. Warren, center Alex Len, Phoenix’s first-round pick this year and possibly more."
Gambo is the same guy that broke the Nash to the Lakers trade in 2012.
What a ******* waste. Dude gonna go 10 years without a playoff appearance

Cuz, Bledsoe, and Booker is a nice nucleus to build around. My only concern is the age difference.

But this trade makes no sense for the kings.

If they trade, they suck for the rest of the year and will end up swapping their draft pick with Philly.

The Suns pick looks good now, but if they get cuz and start winning or maybe even make the playoffs, then that pick won't be worth much.

So they lose their star, lose their draft pick, and the pick they get won't be worth much.

Come to think about it, it seems like something the kings would do. Lol

Nice nucleus sure, but so is Minny's and they look to be a few years away from doing anything. It takes time.

Cousins is in year 7 right now. He'll be damn near 10 years in before Phoenix is making a playoff push. Longer than that if they're trying to win a title.

I just didn't want my guy to have an irrelevant career, in his prime anyway, and it looks like that's where he's headed.

Last edited:
When you're the defending champ and have a roster like this, nobody is talking about just winning your conference (especially in the east). He knows they're winning the east. It's about what it'll take to beat the Warriors again.

I agree he shouldn't be saying stuff publicly, but his sentiment is real.

Yea I agree with this. None of it needs to be said in the media.

Eric Bledsoe is probably better served as a backup PG.....

I really don't think he's part of a"nucleus" or "core" for a good/rebuilding team.

Eric Bledsoe is probably better served as a backup PG.....

I really don't think he's part of a"nucleus" or "core" for a good/rebuilding team.

A backup? I disagree.

If you feel like moving him, fine. He's a starter in this league but shouldn't be your best player

A backup? I disagree.

If you feel like moving him, fine. He's a starter in this league but shouldn't be your best player

Ehh. That's fair.

I view E-Bled as being a Rubio/MCWKnight/Jrue/Reggie Jackson/Dragic tier PG.

A guy who can be a starter for a lot of teams in the league....but whose more valuable as a heavy rotation backup PG...orchestrating a good bench unit.

Still all starters to me, except MCW or even Rubio. They just can't be options 1 or 2. Too many teams in the league to have E bled coming off anyone's bench

Superstars
All stars
Really good pieces.

Ehh. That's fair.

A guy who can be a starter for a lot of teams in the league....but whose more valuable as a heavy rotation backup PG...orchestrating a good bench unit.
bledsoe is in that fine line between those scrubs and the superstars tbh.....

by the way i was watching the suns game 2 nights ago.....devin booker was ACTIVE and incredible energy off the ball 

Last edited:
Is the Melo Knicks thing the first instance of a guy with a no trade clause who needs to be traded? It's funny to see how little leverage the Knicks have because of that factor.

I can't believe they're even considering these awful offers that involve no picks. The no trade clause is hampering a lot of potential deals.

Is the Melo Knicks thing the first instance of a guy with a no trade clause who needs to be traded? It's funny to see how little leverage the Knicks have because of that factor.

I can't believe they're even considering these awful offers that involve no picks. The no trade clause is hampering a lot of potential deals.

If it was not for that he would of been traded. Lol

Teams like Charlotte, Phoenix, many more would of gave a decent enough package for NY to take with a player/pick.

NY Goofed with that NTC. BIG! :smh:

Kobe and the Lakers in 2007. Thank goodness the kids got better...

Been out of the NBA loop for a few days, those LeBron quotes to chuck were savage. Inside the NBA is a must watch this week.

Ehh. That's fair.

bledsoe is in that fine line between those scrubs and the superstars tbh.....

by the way i was watching the suns game 2 nights ago.....devin booker was ACTIVE and incredible energy off the ball 

Bledsoe is in between. That's true. I think he will make a great third piece kind of what Odom was.

I just got league pass for 35$ for the next 3 months.

Got tired of these boring games on TV!!

I am hype
smokin.gif
Congrats bro. You are going to get hooked, especially if you do sports betting 
laugh.gif

I have been getting League Pass for the last 2 years and I can't go back to not having it.

He doesn't need to be traded tho

He doesn't need to be traded tho
I didn't want to use that word but it feels like we've gotten to that point don't you think?

When Jimmy Butler was eligible for a contract extension in 2014, the Chicago Bulls made him a low offer and threatened to cut his playing time if he didn't accept it.

"Jimmy Butler after his third year, scored about 13 points a game," said Ryen Russillo. "He's going to hit, right? Wow. What a great draft pick. This front office has donn a good job here, but he's not a star, so as a restricted free agent we'll offer you an extension. They offered him four years about $44 million, in the forties, pretty good money.

"The way restricted free agency works is you know if you can get there, another team is going to offer you way more than you're probably worth because they don't want the other team to match it.

"So Butler is like, 'look that's a nice offer but I'm not taking it.'

"And then Klay Thompson gets four for $70 million. And if you remember, at the time, people were going 'man, you have to max Klay Thompson?' Because Klay Thompson then, is not who Klay Thompson is today.

"So Butler's like 'I'm going to get my money.'

"And the way I was told the story is that it wasn't the coaching staff, it was someone in the front office went to Jimmy Butler and said 'if you don't sign this extension, we're going to play Tony Snell over you. We are going to give you his minutes and that's going to drop your minutes and numbers down.'

"'And Butler's like, 'are you kidding me? Tony Snell? This dude I killed in practice. That's what you're going to do? You're going to try to depress my market by playing a lesser player more than me?'

Tom Thibodeau refused to follow through with the Bulls' threat and Butler emerged as the Most Improved Player in the NBA. Butler went on to sign a five-year, $95 million contract as a restricted free agent.

"Butler doesn't trust the front office because he feels like they were going to do this to him. And that's why there's always this animosity and that's why his name, even though I could never truly figure out where he's connected other than maybe the Boston rumor or the Minnesota rumor going back to last summer's draft."

Butler shared his mistrust of the Bulls with Dwyane Wade and that has spilled over to Fred Hoiberg as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom