Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
they have different types of humor but they are similar.
embiid seems like he can actually get serious during the game though unlike dwight and he isn't really a crybaby

That is the difference. Embiid plays all out every single play every single game, throws his body all over the place, will jump into the stands for balls and will take over and dominate games inside and out then he'll make a joke in the post game interview/social media after a win. Dwight needs/needed everything his way, would be laughing during blowout losses, taking plays off, never really improved his game and never seemed like he could ever take the game serious.

Last edited:
4 centers made it in the West while not a single center was picked for the East. Makes no damn sense. DJ should not have made it over KAT, Gobert or Jokic but I understand he got the Millsap Award of needing to have one player sent to the ASG from a playoff team.

Stop crying, it's a All star slot, Jesus.

******* Paul Millsap

such a damn joke

I will hate Paul Millsap for life

Who the hell wants to see him in the ASG? He'll end up playing like 8 meaningless minutes where nobody will even know he's on the floor. Meanwhile Embiid could have been the star of the whole damn weekend.
You're taking this hard I see.
It's not like he got traded to the Warriors.
It could be worse.
Wipe your face and get back in there.

4 centers made it in the West while not a single center was picked for the East. Makes no damn sense. DJ should not have made it over KAT, Gobert or Jokic but I understand he got the Millsap Award of needing to have one player sent to the ASG from a playoff team.
Stop crying, it's a All star slot, Jesus.
laugh.gif

we tombout an exhibition gm. not a real gm...not a real gm, but an exhibition gm :lol:

Last edited:
Yes, please.

I would give Sanders a shot without question.

It will take him until the playoffs to get in shape/back if he even can get there.

You don't lose the ability + defensive IQ that he had without injury though so why not?

Low risk high (no pun) reward.

I like his potential fit in Boston a lot, Wizards too actually. Blazers should also be looking out for him. Warriors too if they can get him for scraps.

Do the blazers even have money after giving all them bums money this offseason

Last edited:
How big is/was the gap between prime larry and nerlens? Sanders coming back probably doesn't help the offers they're getting in philly

How big is/was the gap between prime larry and nerlens? Sanders coming back probably doesn't help the offers they're getting in philly

They are basically the same.

Nerlens got there quicker.

Somebody needs to save dude from Philly, he been killing it when he has minutes.

Steven A Smith doing Gods work.

Not long after John Wall’s All-Star Game berth was reported Thursday morning, the point guard appeared on Stephen A. Smith’s radio show. And before Smith could ask Wall about his teammates (they’re great) or his coach (he’s great, too) or his goals (Eastern Conference finals or bust), the host offered an apology.

“First of all, I don’t do this very often, John Wall, I don’t do this very often,” Smith said. “But I want to sit up here and apologize to you. Because dammit, you have not gotten enough recognition. I had to go off about this earlier this week.”

Now, as a perpetually aggrieved John Wall admirer who believes the Washington point guard has not gotten enough recognition throughout his career, this was interesting to me. And so I went back and listened to Smith’s earlier comments. And goodness, he really did go off about this. Whether or not you are a fan of Stephen A. Smith, this must count as one of the most full-throated tributes to Wall by a national media personality.

Smith started by rattling off all the NBA point guards people talk about, from Steph Curry and Russell Westbrook to James Harden and Kyle Lowry to Kyrie Irving and Kemba Walker to Jeff Teague and Reggie Jackson to Goran Gragic and Tony Parker and Mike Conley Jr. and Emmanuel Mudiay and Jrue Holiday and Ricky Rubio and on and on.

“We’ve heard about all of these dudes,” Smith said. “When is somebody gonna stand up and give John Wall of the Washington Wizards his love? Is anybody gonna stand up and give it to him? Somebody’s got to give this dude love in the nation’s capital. I just can’t take it anymore. I can’t take it!”

Smith then ticked off Wall’s stats — he’s one of only three players averaging a double-double in points and assists — and his non-sexy teammates and his considerable accomplishments.

“My God, John Wall, can he get some love, pretty please with sugar on top?” Smith said. “I mean, when are we gonna sit up there and pay attention to this brother? You think I wouldn’t want John Wall in New York City? Wouldn’t you? How many teams, if John Wall were available, how many teams in the NBA would be clamoring for him? Ladies and gentlemen, I’m telling you right now, it’s at least 24. At least 24. Twenty-four teams, at least. Kyrie Irving, Steph Curry, CP3, Russell Westbrook, James Harden. Anybody else? Go ahead and get slapped, figuratively, by yours truly Stephen A Smith for uttering such nonsense to dispute what the hell I just said.”

“John Wall is getting NO LOVE,” he concluded.

And look, Wall just became the first Wizards player since Elvin Hayes to make four straight All-Star Games. He’s already first in assists and steals in Wizards franchise history. He’ll almost certainly go down as the best Wizards player in the past 35 years, and might already have clinched that status. Go ahead and get slapped, figuratively, by yours truly for uttering such nonsense to dispute what the hell I just said.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this brother’s special. John Wall is special,” Smith said. “John Wall is the real deal, and I am sick and tired of pontificators and prognosticators, commentators, pundits, journalists, whoever, walking around like this dude is just some average decent player. John Wall signed for $80 plus million, balled. Watched as these Washington Wizards struggled through no fault of his own, still balled. Committed to the franchise anyway, then watched as Ernie Grunfeld went out and gave Bradley Beal $40 million more than him. Came out on the court, still balls.

“He starts, he finishes, he does it on offense, he does it on defense, he does it in the first quarter, he does it in the fourth quarter,” Smith said with increasing fury. “When are we going to appreciate this young man? … I’m tired of this. You bunch of sorry folks out there talking about how you know basketball, and his name never comes up, EVER. And he’s top 5 to top 7 in the league. What’s the matter with y’all? What the hell is the matter with y’all? You think I’d want Derrick Rose ahead of John Wall? Well here’s my answer: Get yourself drug tested. I’d love for him to be in a New York Knicks uniform. You think you want DeAngelo Russell ahead of him? You better wake up and smell some Old Spice. John Wall is a bad boy. Respect this man. Respect him.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom