Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
uhmmm Russ said 'don't talk to that ban'

my homies would never call me that just playing.

draymond 1st this year. so many clutch *** defensive stops down the stretch. Him and KD are tough playmakers defensively don the stretch. Blocks be in abundance.

KD should finish in top 5. Boy D stepped up, or just getting noticed now.
Everything about KD's game is better this year.

He's able to showcase every level of his game in GSW. 

It's the main reason that I think he will win MVP. 

Golden State is still a top 2 seed in the West without him, if not still #1. He's had an amazing year, but Beard is getting my vote.

They've taken over Mondays now too. They were just waiting for MNF to end.

Thurs and Mon for the rest of the season.

More Chuck. More Kenny. More Shaq. More.
sick.gif
And all the commentators are former players, right? 

Golden State is still a top 2 seed in the West without him, if not still #1. He's had an amazing year, but Beard is getting my vote.
When it comes to MVP's they very rarely make the right choice imo.

It's the other reason why I think KD gets the MVP.

I've rarely agreed with who the MVP ends up being. This year I'm betting on that trend to continue. No way they give it to Harden, the one who will deserve it.

Last edited:

When it comes to MVP's they very rarely make the right choice imo.

It's the other reason why I think KD gets the MVP.

I've rarely agreed with who the MVP ends up being. This year I'm betting on that trend to continue. No way they give it to Harden, the one who will deserve it.
Nah, the NBA MVP award is all about three things: Individual success, Team Success, and Storylines.

Kevin Durant won't get the MVP over James Unless they win 70 or more. The Story w/ KD on the warriors just isn't that appealing. Harden's historic season has been far more appealing and if they can get to as high as 2 then it's a forgone conclusion he's getting it. KD's performing well, but the fact that the warriors won 73 games last year, and are on pace to rival that again this year will undoubtedly work against him here unless they do the aforementioned.

I would bet the house on James Harden if I were to place a bet on this right now.

But to your other point, I don't think anybody in the league is more valuable than Lebron, Kawhi, and Chris Paul so in that regard, they don't make the right decisions most times
laugh.gif

Their teams are perennial 50+ win teams with them, and lottery teams without them. (Maybe not the spurs) I don't know what other players have that effect on their teams year in and year out.

But to your other point, I don't think anybody in the league is more valuable than Lebron, Kawhi, and Chris Paul so in that regard, they don't make the right decisions most times :lol:

Their teams are perennial 50+ win teams with them, and lottery teams without them. (Maybe not the spurs) I don't know what other players have that effect on their teams year in and year out.
Clippers aren't a lottery team without Chris Paul. You way off on that one.

Yeah hard for me believe kd will win MVP. It's hardens to Lose at the moment. Maybe if the Rockets and Okc both finish at like 5 and 6th.

Last edited:
If GSW ends up with a stupid record like 73-9 or 74-8 which I think they will, Hardens numbers and Houston's seed won't matter.

That's your storyline.

They won't lose 10 games.

Last edited:
I just don't see them giving MVP to a dude on a team who's almost entire starting lineup will be in the All Star Game

big j 33 big j 33

West:
Westbrook
Klay Thompson
Gordon Hayward
Draymond Green
Cousins
DeAndre Jordan
Marc Gasol

East:
John Wall
Kyle Lowry
Kemba Walker
Isaiah Thomas
Paul George
Kevin Love
Joel Embiid

but houston can drop to 4 or 5 though. Then what?
This is a real possibility, and if so then it's KD's to lose. (Or Kawhi depending on where the Spurs finish) 

Unless the Thunder magically shoot up to the 4 or 5 seed, then it's Westbrook's.

All the Media does is create storylines.

Even if GSW doesn't beat that 72-10 they will talk about what a miracle it is that KD who is a top 5 player joins 3 other ALLstars and they all remain super productive with little to no dropoff. I can't wait.

Last edited:
dawg...memphis is down to 7th...

why do I feel like they're doing what I said and planning for that 8th spot on purpose to meet up with GSW?

Dame is averaging 26 and 6 that's not all star worthy? :lol:
Kemba is having a damn good year too, shooting 42% from 3 and putting up 23, 5.5 and 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom