Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't  really know what else Malone can do with Jokic.

I've done my fair share of bagging on Malone and his rotations this year but until Jokic can play a full game against a mobile Big, and not pick up 5 fouls, then I can't even hate on Malone.

Dude has to be on pins and needles any time Denver is on defense with Jokic in the paint.

His foul trouble issues are definitely apparent, it's obvious he could still work on his body/conditioning more.

But when you coming down the stretch and you don't run your offense through your best player, that's just stupid.

That's not rotations that's just terrible play calling/game management.

At the end of the game, Jokic got the ball on a broken play near the 3pt and took KAT to the rim easily.

So for the last two possession you don't run anything for him and let Jameer Nelson try to win the game for you? :lol:

Thibs has had his problems with the Wolves this year too, still no problem getting the ball in his best players hands when it's time.

I know Thibs is completely OK with Lavine and Wiggins freezing KAT out, for LONG stretches too not just game ending situations.

I haven't noticed this with Malone, not saying he doesn't but that I just haven't noticed, and I watch every Nugget game I can. (didn't see the game yesterday though)

Last edited:
I don't  really know what else Malone can do with Jokic.

I've done my fair share of bagging on Malone and his rotations this year but until Jokic can play a full game against a mobile Big, and not pick up 5 fouls, then I can't even hate on Malone.

Dude has to be on pins and needles any time Denver is on defense with Jokic in the paint.

This is true. We are very bad defensively right now. And I'm ok with it. This team has been one that can light you up and thrive in the altitude. We just don't have the defenders at key positions to be good....and mask the lack of rim protection at this point. The positive is we have the assets.....and with a Lil luck on our side......a pick

We'll figure it out though.

When we drop a couple of games....and draft Jon Isaac with the #5 pick......the plan will be complete.

#JustWaitOnIt #SpeakItIntoExistence :pimp:

And a-friend a-friend you see WHY I was ******** on Malone during the lakers game?

His rotations are elementary level.

Good players coach. Guys like him. But he's lacking in the in-between game.

It's ard though. He's a useful placeholder until a more eligible coach comes along.

And @a-friend you see WHY I was ******** on Malone during the lakers game?

Yep.

sidenote: He seems like he takes it personal, instead of doing what is best for the Team, for the Players development or for the win.

Like somebody is always in the doghouse with him. 

I get it, it's frustrating to watch your players NOT play Defense, miss an assignment etc, but I think you correct or work on those things in Practice, he seems to be okay punishing players during the game. 

Last edited:
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

New contest time.

I'm going to step my game up for this thread, I've been moving and my work schedule gives me very little internet time.

The contest: Correctly name all of the remaining All-Star reserves. Not the biggest of challenges so if we have multiple winners then I'll do a random drawing to find out winner.

Just @me on here whenever you come up with your remaining All-Stars. If you have already given your predictions and I missed it, just restate them and @me so I can keep track. 

I'll also run a contest for the All-Star weekend, correctly name all the winners of the contests, plus some other random prop bets and we'll make this weekend more fun for us NTers watching.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

New contest time.

I'm going to step my game up for this thread, I've been moving and my work schedule gives me very little internet time.

The contest: Correctly name all of the remaining All-Star reserves. Not the biggest of challenges so if we have multiple winners then I'll do a random drawing to find out winner.

Just @me on here whenever you come up with your remaining All-Stars. If you have already given your predictions and I missed it, just restate them and @me so I can keep track. 

I'll also run a contest for the All-Star weekend, correctly name all the winners of the contests, plus some other random prop bets and we'll make this weekend more fun for us NTers watching.

Cool stuff repped

I want Isaac on the Wolves or Giles

If you miss the playoffs, getting Giles will be very realistic. His stock has fallen off a cliff since the start of the season. Isaac is a different story, people in the draft thread are either very high on him or very low.

Wouldn't take a chance on Giles especially if I'm the wolves.

Markkanen or Isaac would be PERFECT though.

Thibs wouldn't even play the bench, run Dunn/LaVine/Wiggins/2017 pick/KAT for 44 mins a night.

Last edited:
Wouldn't take a chance on Giles especially if I'm the wolves.

Markkanen or Isaac would be PERFECT though.

Thibs wouldn't even play the bench, run Dunn/LaVine/Wiggins/2017 pick/KAT for 44 mins a night.
who is markkanen?
I just want a true 4 to play alongside KAT

@Big J 33

West:

Westbrook

Conley

Gordon Heyward 

Draymond Green

Cousins

DeAndre Jordan

Klay

East:

John Wall

I. Thomas

Paul George

Kevin Love

Millsap

Kemba Walker

Lowry

C23uD45VIAA0zt9.jpg

gonna be a great coach one day 
laugh.gif

lol who was talking about lakers snatching the 8th seed and upsetting the warriors in the first round in here?

doubt it as me, but i felt we'd give them a better run than the other LA team

mind you, this was after the 10-10 start

semi srs

I still like Dlo
Still a lot to like..

A lot of it is blown out of proportion on him...
-Because the Lakers chose the guard over a big.
-And didn't take Porzingis, who found the right place to be drafted in all honesty.
-He also is a guy who won't change his personality to act like Kobe.

But if
-he can get back some of his efficiency before he went down to injury, and continue to improve with experience.
-And if you put a couple shooters and a good P&R big out there with him. Which is what Luke's offense needs anyway. (Deng & Mozgov are neither of those things). Really kills the flow of the offense, and takes away from some of the things he does bring.
-Start refining some of the other things of his game that need work. (Going straight up on his shots in Midrange of P&R instead of leaning which makes him shoot long, find ways to attack the basket off P&R, stay focused on defense)

He will keep taking the next steps, and be a really good player.
this

Last edited:
 The Grizzlies are 9-11 in their last 20 games. A Culprit? The Grizzlies defensive rating the last 20 games is 17.3 points better WITHOUT Gasol on the floor, and 16.7 points better WITHOUT Conley. Tony Allen’s defensive rating over these past 20 games is 104.9, which is worse than that of Troy Daniels (100.4) and Andrew Harrison (101.2)

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/257560/andrew-harrison[/URL]"]
 The Grizzlies are 9-11 in their last 20 games. A Culprit? The Grizzlies defensive rating the last 20 games is 17.3 points better WITHOUT Gasol on the floor, and 16.7 points better WITHOUT Conley. Tony Allen’s defensive rating over these past 20 games is 104.9, which is worse than that of Troy Daniels (100.4) and Andrew Harrison (101.2)
[/quote]

not even .500 doh. meh.

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/257560/andrew-harrison[/URL]"]
[/quote]Someone got some explaining to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom