Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. BI and the 2017 pick will be the future going forward. Zu, Nance and Clarkson are/will be adequate support pieces though.

Shoutout to Nance. Love his game.

Nance >>> Randle.

Man....I've hated Randle's game since he was in HS. He plays the exact same way he did as a junior in HS.

Been clowning his t-Rex arms....oversold "guard" skills, inability to use his off hand, inability to finish over length, bad body language, lack of defense etc since he was running with the Texas Titans AAU back in the day :lol:.

mean.gif

True. BI and the 2017 pick will be the future going forward. Zu, Nance and Clarkson are/will be adequate support pieces though.

Shoutout to Nance. Love his game.

Nance >>> Randle.

Man....I've hated Randle's game since he was in HS. He plays the exact same way he did as a junior in HS.

Been clowning his t-Rex arms....oversold "guard" skills, inability to use his off hand, inability to finish over length, bad body language, lack of defense etc since he was running with the Texas Titans AAU back in the day :lol:.

That don't even make sense. I hope Nance reaches his full potential but he ain't Julius. Julius been playing real good this year. Way better than last year. Using his body and finishing around the basket, even when taller dudes are on him. Good playmaker, real good rebounder.

Is he though? At a minimum there are two plays a game where I see this guy just completely space out. He frustrates me to Richard Jefferson and Gary Neal levels at times.
I mean, he's not All Star worthy any more.  Kind of been there done that.

I think he can do more on O but the ball usually goes through Kawhi now, especially with Parker out.  Parker runs the PnR with Gasol and LMA like he's the pimp and they're the hookers.

Sometimes its frustrating when he's not aggressive and he can dominate the bigs.  That's an area where he needs to call for the ball.  

Against the Cavs Khloe was doing a decent job on him defensively in the low block,  that's where you use his quickness and jump shot.  However Parker wasn't on the floor and couldn't penetrate and setup LMA for the jumper.

IMO dude came up big against the Cavs in terms of hustle, rebounds, put backs etc.. don't always have to score 25-30pts a game.  Take what the game gives and move on.

So the lakers have:

Lightskinned Harden with ice in his veins
Sugar J Clarkson
Giannis with a jumper
and 
Hollywood Draymond

But still won't even make the playoffs? 

lol who was talking about lakers snatching the 8th seed and upsetting the warriors in the first round in here?

also who were the kings fans in here who were talking about how they were glad lil zeke left the team? even though that was a few years ago, i am just curious.

Lakers "young core" is just BI......and a few overrated young players who will be jettisoned once management realizes what we've known for the past 2 years.

Best option is to tank for a pick. And build a real core.
I've been saying this :lol:
although I thought Dlo was actually good

KAT vs Jokic tonight. :x :pimp:

KAT going to give that work out, everybody been so in love with Jokic not realizing that Towns been dominating recently on the Thibs minute plan.

Ask and ye shall receive said the lord. :pimp:

Mike Malone still not using Jokic correctly minutes/usage wise.

When the Nuggets eventually dump Mudiay and turn the reigns over to Murray, they'll be really fun and good.
Mudiay is actually not bad.

He has this hitch in his jumpshot, if you see that hitch then RIP Mudiay, if you don't see it then RIP whoever is guarding him.

I don't  really know what else Malone can do with Jokic.

I've done my fair share of bagging on Malone and his rotations this year but until Jokic can play a full game against a mobile Big, and not pick up 5 fouls, then I can't even hate on Malone.

Dude has to be on pins and needles any time Denver is on defense with Jokic in the paint.

I still like Dlo

Still a lot to like..

A lot of it is blown out of proportion on him...
-Because the Lakers chose the guard over a big.
-And didn't take Porzingis, who found the right place to be drafted in all honesty.
-He also is a guy who won't change his personality to act like Kobe.

But if
-he can get back some of his efficiency before he went down to injury, and continue to improve with experience.
-And if you put a couple shooters and a good P&R big out there with him. Which is what Luke's offense needs anyway. (Deng & Mozgov are neither of those things). Really kills the flow of the offense, and takes away from some of the things he does bring.
-Start refining some of the other things of his game that need work. (Going straight up on his shots in Midrange of P&R instead of leaning which makes him shoot long, find ways to attack the basket off P&R, stay focused on defense)

He will keep taking the next steps, and be a really good player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom