Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lol the highlight of his career was winning two dunk contests
you don't watch much basketball
laugh.gif
feel free to @ me in a couple  of years

what were klay thompson's career highlights after 2 seasons? [emoji]128514[/emoji]
dumb statement regardless

feel free to point out where I was wrong in the dumb statement regardless, and feel free to @ me down the road

Last edited:
someone tell me why brandon jennings was pressing john wall 50 ft from the basketball like he was GP in his prime? dumb af.

someone tell me why brandon jennings was pressing john wall 50 ft from the basketball like he was GP in his prime? dumb af.
This works for Jennings, but usually against your Garrett Temples or Ramon Sessions types. He picked the wrong guy in Wallet it sounds like? I didn't watch the game, Knicks Basketball takes a backseat when the Nuggets are playing.

OKC
Phila
Nuggets

I try not to miss a game.

This works for Jennings, but usually against your Garrett Temples or Ramon Sessions types. He picked the wrong guy in Wallet it sounds like? I didn't watch the game, Knicks Basketball takes a backseat when the Nuggets are playing.

OKC
Phila
Nuggets

I try not to miss a game.

Famb. Knicks are up one with under a min to go. Wallet has the ball and for some reason, brandon jennings is pressuring him from 50 ft away the hoop. Wall easily blew by him and melo had to reach in for a foul to stop him. Wizards were in the bonus so wallet steps to the line and knocks a pair down.

Last edited:
Wizards got away with 3 non-calls in the final seconds, but I'm not mad. They've been on the wrong side of those for so many years that I'm glad that things FINALLY went their way. The Wall double-dribble, Lowe being on the court/distracting Lee, and Beal walking with the ball before time expired. Whatever...I'll take it. And yes...I know I'd be sour grapes if the shoe was on the other foot :lol:

- $cotto Pippen - MAX CONTRACT...maybe even MIP this season as well. For as up/down Beal has been (mostly up this year,) you can make a LEGIT case for $cotto being the 2nd best/most important player on this team.

- Wall - best PG in the East. No debate.

Exactly what I was going to say. Other than them shooting threes and looking like cousins, I don't see the resemblance.

I would say that bookers game is more similar to Beal.

I'm really starting to dislike the NBA. every game is just a contest of who can shoot more 3s. and then the "fans" trying to vote in the entire GSW squad while Westbrook gets snubbed.

the league is trying to become a joke. that Greek guy with the long name and arms is cool though.
Don't know why the media and other players especially have a vote. A few players haven't played this season like Ben Simmons and got a vote. It shows the players really don't care. Its a meaningless game. so why not let the public decide who plays? If I was Russ I wouldn't eem show up

Lost in all of this is the fact that having the players vote was an absolute disaster.

128 people didn't vote for LeBron... 154 people didn't vote for Durant.... Not to mention all the people that voted for themselves/wasted votes on guys who haven't even played.

I've never been one to get worked up about the ASG, it's a nonsense game for the fans, but adding contract incentives to it changed the game a lot. Now the league has to seek ways to try and balance out the fans. This was a bad one.

Last edited:
They need to adjust the rules, you shouldn't be able to vote for yourself, to be eligible for the game you should have played in a minimum of 25 games, I'm sure there's other parameters you can add.

They need to adjust the rules, you shouldn't be able to vote for yourself, to be eligible for the game you should have played in a minimum of 25 games, I'm sure there's other parameters you can add.
I would take it one step further.

You shouldn't be able to vote for yourself or your teammates.

I like your rules too

I'm sure they're going to change it up, but idk man something about player involvement just seems off to me. It's not a huge deal though. Kawhi Leonard is starting so it's all good with me.

Jokic, Embiid and KAT is one of the craziest young group of 5's I can remember.

Reminds me of when Hakeem, David Robinson and Ewing were all flourishing in the late 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom