Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean just stat wise, sure.

But efficiency, team record, etc. Harden is "IMO" without a doubt the MVP.

Russ gets the highlights and has the story line(and the stats due to the stat padding, but that's a different story), but Harden's numbers have translated to a better team and making his teammates better.

So Russ is stat padding but it's leading to wins, but Harden is not doing the same hunting for assists? We all know Bron was out there stat padding in his prime, but it wasn't used as a negative against his MVP candidacy. Very interesting. 

Also I know it's not quite the same criteria, but nice to see the media recognizing what Russ is doing, got some hope that MVP is still possible. 

Last edited:
Everyone knew Russ would go off this season and knows he has the ability to get triple doubles.

I don't know anyone, myself included who thought the Rockets would have a historic franchise start and sit 3rd in the West. At least I didn't. Not only that but Harden is playing better then I've ever seen him play.

Everyone knew Russ would go off this season and knows he has the ability to get triple doubles.

I don't know anyone, myself included who thought the Rockets would have a historic franchise start and sit 3rd in the West. At least I didn't. Not only that but Harden is playing better then I've ever seen him play.
Harden's numbers are pretty in line with the last couple seasons except for the assists and we know how MDA's offense lends itself to inflating those numbers, even for average people playing PG. The Rockets record is unexpected, but I also believe it's the only reason this race is close right now. If they had similar records Russ would be running away and hiding. Houston has suffered some slippage lately, but OKC is also going through their roughest stretch of the season game wise so he hasn't been able to gain on Harden in that aspect. 

As for everyone knew Russ would go off, maybe. But many didn't have OKC in the playoffs period and even I whose probably his biggest supporter on here was with the hyperbole when I said he'd average a triple double. 

Last edited:
My ***** john wall 
smokin.gif

I'm convinced that Greg Popovich does not like Patty Mills and really, I don't think he likes anyone who plays PG except Tony Parker.

Harden's numbers come from within the game. He doesn't seem to force as many things as Russ. Ala the OKC game with the game winning pass to an open Nene.

Russ just seems to get tunnel vision at times and doesn't elevate the play of his teammates. Love watching him play with his effort and passion and I'm not discrediting him, but just as many people who said OKC would struggle said the Rockets would also.

At this point, the Rockets have surprised the league and that's mostly due to Harden.

Reactions: OTG
I'm convinced that Greg Popovich does not like Patty Mills and really, I don't think he likes anyone who plays PG except Tony Parker.
I really am worried he's gonna get up and walk. There's less money out there this season but Patty can fetch 12-15 for four years out there.

It's not like he's going to age poorly either. But I want him to stay.

"hunting for assists"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Y'all say Russ does it but Harden doesn't? Please. Russ has a higher assist percentage and lower turnover percentage with higher usage rate. Harden's triple doubles are good but Russ's are bad? Both are conducive and vital to their teams success. 

Last edited:
Russ ain't even a starter in the all star game but people swear he going to win MVP. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] sure

Russ don't make anyone better. Easy as hell to see

Last edited:
Wizards not playing defense tonight. Don't care how ugly we win as long as we do. Gotta keep pace. Everyone in the East playing for the rite to lose to Cleveland in the ECF.

Last edited:
Russ ain't even a starter in the all star game but people swear he going to win MVP. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] sure

Russ don't make anyone better. Easy as hell to see
The fans the only ones that didn't have him #1. Players and media (who actually vote on the award) did. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom