Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

[thread="654406"] [/thread]
Rotations have been Luke's biggest weak point as a coach
There are some bad rotations in the NBA, but Luke by far takes the cake.

See Mozgov... Plays him 6 minutes in the first.. Sits him until half, and then plays him in the 3rd.

Takes out Russell sits him from 6 minutes in the first to 6 minutes into the second... Runs him with Randle & Ingram who played since 3 minutes left in the first. Of course, Russell looks cold, and Randle & Ingram are gassed

Not to mention he runs the bench too long, and brings in Russell with like 4 minutes left in the game every time it's close..

It's really bad.

Last edited:

[thread="654406"] [/thread]

See Mozgov... Plays him 6 minutes in the first.. Sits him until half, and then plays him in the 3rd.

Takes out Russell sits him from 6 minutes in the first to 6 minutes into the second... Runs him with Randle & Ingram who played since 3 minutes left in the first. Of course, Russell looks cold, and Randle & Ingram are gassed

Not to mention he runs the bench too long, and brings in Russell with like 4 minutes left in the game every time it's close..

It's really bad.

luke is trying to borrow from Kerr's playbook when it comes to rotations...definitely aint working for him. i like luke and i'm sure he has a lot of potential to grow as a coach, but he got overhyped after "coaching" the dubs to that miraculous 24 win streak to begin the season while kerr was out.

[thread="654406"]Official 2016 2017 Nba Season Thread Mcconnell Gw Against Nyk Ind Den On Nba Tv 3 Chi Nyk And Det Gsw On Tnt/32130#post_27358136​[/thread]

It's really bad.
Like right now, this unit has been on the floor for 15+minutes (unless I missed a sub) and they've got them back in the game, but how much further can they go?

You kind of have to finish with this unit because everyone else has been sitting for 30+ real time minutes.

And they won't have enough gas in the tank.

Last edited:
What did he do?

He's had his best guys out there.....I guess Mudiay was MIA for a bit but what else?

He went with that Jamal Murray/Jammer lineup for far too long.

They just didn't have it this game. +/- something terrible.

Malone is one of those coaches that sticks to strict minute rotations.

Example: "starters come back in at 5mins"

He coaches like 2k substitutions

Nuggshow just slipped into the 8spot
pimp.gif

Dlo played 17minutes. (he took
nerd.gif
his shoes off in the 3rd on the bench)

That's crazy to me

Last edited:
Neither the Lakers nor the Nuggets can play any semblance of defense. Painfully bad

I saw so many possessions by both teams where there was confusion about who they were supposed to be guarding and someone was left wide open. :lol:

I guess they're the two worst defensive teams in the league for a reason.

He's definitely doing it better.
He's figured out how to put on a show or keep games competitive while losing, Byron just got curb stomped nightly.

They've had quite a few curb stompings this year as well. He's upped the pace so they're scoring more while also having them worst defensively. It "looks" better but beneath the surface much of the same issues remain.

You see it with la this year defensively

You see it with ninny this year

Coaches can only do so much. No coaching is going to make clarkson and Russell not die on every screen they get hit on or provide randle with some unforeseen motor to use on the defensive end.

If your players can't defend, you'll be terrible defensively imo

Defensively I'm not expecting much schematics wise cause I do realize the limitations of the personnel but the knock last year was more from an effort x talent standpoint. They (young guys especially) supposedly checked out on Byron. So I'm thinking at least with a guy they like and supposedly believes in them you'd at least see some tangible improvements in the effort department but that hasn't been the case in that end.

And my underlying issues with Puke are more so he's continuing a lot of stuff that Byron was vilified for and is not being held accountable for at least to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom