Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont necessarily think things changes in washington if you switch wall for kyrie, but i tell you this, if you switch them in cleveland, cavs lose in 4 last year.

Which says more about team makeup than Kyrie/Wall themselves. If I take a square piece out of the puzzle...I obviously can't replace it with a circle. 

These little hypotheticals have too many holes in them.

it has to say more about the player if all other things remain equal and you switch out one piece. Cavs losing with Wall says Wall would be the weak link since they're great with kyrie. Washington staying in the same rut says Washington is bad, because they're already bad with wall.

same argument with Dray/BG

Switch out either and things change. Warriors become weaker. Clippers become better.

it has to say more about the player if all other things remain equal and you switch out one piece. Cavs losing with Wall says Wall would be the weak link since they're great with kyrie. Washington staying in the same rut says Washington is bad, because they're already bad with wall.

Switch out either and things change. Warriors become weaker. Clippers become better.
laugh.gif

But you just said you don't know if the Wizards get better with Kyrie...so how is that the same argument?

Take it easy man, I wasn't trying to put you on blast like that, but you said you've always thought PG was overrated, and I remembered that not being the case.

From the 14'-15' NBA thread I said that

The one who was an inefficient chucker offensively last year who shot a bunch of long two's?

This PG injury has made people completely forget what kind of player he was. Great defender, but an overrated offensive player

I can think he's better than Kawhi based largely on responsibility and still think he's overrated. That wasn't the first time I called him overrated.

Welp... I think we're just gonna have to agree to disagree then, because Kawhi increasing his usage from 26 to 30 while keeping his efficiency in the same ballpark has been impressive, but not enough to really make me have much of a different opinion of him. 26 isn't a small number and I think he showed more than enough last year (and at just 24 y/o.) So to me, saying that Paul George was overrated... but also better than Kawhi... it just isn't really adding up. But I just have a higher opinion of the season Kawhi had last year than you do.

Why didn't D'lo handoff the rock to Lou Williams? They only needed a 2 pt'er. No wonder Lucas take's D'lo out of games at the end of the 4th.

+

Gordon Hayward is not better than Paul George, i dont care what statistics say for the first two months of the NBA season. Gordon Hayward is a 2nd option at best, and Paul George is clearly a franchise cornerstone player. Paul George has destroyed teams by himself. Gordon is a really really good player but not on the level of Paul George. Hayward should think of going to Oklahoma City. Russell might stay if that happens but with the Oladipo and Adams contract extensions. I dont see any scenario where Hayward could go to OKC.

:lol:

But you just said you don't know if the Wizards get better with Kyrie...so how is that the same argument?

i said i dont necessarily think things change, meaning, they're staying in the same rut.

the argument being, if all else is equal, then you are able to look at the actual player skill for skill and dissect.

What's the rule on player A vs player B arguments? Is it a discussion of their careers or where they are and what they're doing in the present?
Whatever argument that makes the player you are supporting looks better , it's pointless :lol:

Kawhi's usage last year was at 25%, or 26% iirc

Paul's last year was at a 30 with a 22 Per.

This year kawhi's usage has jumped up to 30% and he's at 24 a game with a 27 PER

Oh, and usage correlates with TS%, not PER. PER is a whole different thing that includes a bunch of other stuff.

The fact that Kawhi was at 26.0 and PG was at 21.9 doesn't help your argument at all.

Last edited:
Explain why.

where is the scoring going to come from?

Idk, I just think lebron makes the game so much easier for his teammates and can cover up his teamates weaknesses. Wall playing with lebron on that CAV team would give him an edge and would probably change people's perspective of him too. Kyrie is now known as a killer, a clutch player, etc and every other name we've given him recently (and well earned) but truth be told the CAVS are horrible with Bron not on that court.

^^^^^ I typed that just big up the kang

You're probably right about kyrie being a better fit but I think it's disingenuous to say they would get swept with Wall. If they can win a finals game with chumpert and Delly as starters then I'm sure they could win one with Wall

Last edited:
a point guard like wall would never fit well with bron. that has nothing to do with how good wall is. russ wouldn't fit well with bron either

Yup.

Kyrie is perfect because he's ISO/spot up mostly.

He still lets Bron have the highest assist rate and gives spacing.

You don't think Russ and Bron would ball out together?
i mean i guess it could work since wade and bron worked but russ and bron play too similar in my opinion.
dudes like dame steph kyrie maybe even kemba and it4 are the best type of players to pair with bron.
you dont need a true pg if you have bron on your team

a point guard like wall would never fit well with bron. that has nothing to do with how good wall is. russ wouldn't fit well with bron either
don't get why this is so hard for people to understand. Same people that think Russ and harden would work on a team in 2016 . Real nba is not 2k.

Paul George been overrated. Kawhi been better for years and I'd honestly rather have Gordon Hayward on the Lakers then pg. Neither is much better them the other though.

what a wretched start of the match by Spurs....

conceding that opening goal in the 2' to Southampton was rough, but luckily that Alli header got us level and kept us in it for the remainder of that half

that second half, idk what Poch did but it worked and the squad responded (not counting that missed Kane pen)

all in all, obviously a good result; just wish we would come out with some fire rather than waiting to get punched in the face then responding.

don't get why this is so hard for people to understand. Same people that think Russ and harden would work on a team in 2016 . Real nba is not 2k.

Paul George been overrated. Kawhi been better for years and I'd honestly rather have Gordon Hayward on the Lakers then pg. Neither is much better them the other though.
Those 2 and KD were 3 wins away from a title at 22 years old. I think they would've done just fine. Having multiple players who can shoot, dribble, and pass has never been a bad thing.

Myrie as the #1 guy got you Wiggins and Bennett. It's evident he's in his best position next to lebby
John Wall couldn't even lead you to 30 wins until year #4. Someone's gonna talk about the supporting cast. Look at Clevelands roster, coached by Byron Scott and Mike Brown.

Wall's the best guard in the east but that's not a good argument

Myrie is a questionable #1 option (probably going to get you .500 at best for an entire season), but he's a great #2 option.

Those 2 and KD were 3 wins away from a title at 22 years old. I think they would've done just fine. Having multiple players who can shoot, dribble, and pass has never been a bad thing.
John Wall couldn't even lead you to 30 wins until year #4. Someone's gonna talk about the supporting cast. Look at Clevelands roster, coached by Byron Scott and Mike Brown.

Wall's the best guard in the east but that's not a good argument
with harden coming off the bench. Yeah that would work in 2016..bunch of ball dominate dudes on the same team isn't ideal.
They work better apart running different shows. To much 2k for you dudes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom