OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Clearly, there are additional benefits. This is all about recruiting, though. They're targeting specific areas for recruiting purposes, hosting them at top player's HS campuses, etc. we can talk about how cool it is for little Jimmy to get coached by Harbaugh, but that's not what this is about. It's about expanding recruiting imprints and getting to spend time with prospects. A few hours of coaching is going to have that tremendous of an impact?

ANY other coaches/staffs have been invited to participate in these camps bro, so whats your point? Coach Harbaugh has not been exclusive with this at all.

I feel like I was pretty clear that I think that it's overkill and driven by recruiting. Kids are already getting blown up 24/7 by these coaches. I really just don't see the need for it.

Kids aren't choosing schools without visiting them anyways, regardless of how good the satellite camp is. I'm just overall not a fan.

Maybe you have a Harbaugh who's driven to "spread the game of football." But it's really just turning into a new impotent of the "arms race" for CFB.

Last edited:
I feel like I was pretty clear that I think that it's overkill and driven by recruiting. Kids are already getting blown up 24/7 by these coaches. I really just don't see the need for it.

Kids aren't choosing schools without visiting them anyways, regardless of how good the satellite camp is. I'm just overall not a fan.

Maybe you have a Harbaugh who's driven to "spread the game of football." But it's really just turning into a new impotent of the "arms race" for CFB.
A small minority of kids, in the grand scheme of things. 

The real benefit of these camps are for the G5, FCS, and D2 level kids. 

Those satellite camps can be useful for P5 non power schools that aren't in fertile recruiting areas. I'm sure different conferences have different rules on how they would use em.

I know Oklahoma St & Texas Tech are 2 schools who use em to there benefit regularly.

George Schroeder ‏@GeorgeSchroeder  16m16 minutes ago
Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield regains year of eligibility as Big 12 reverses course on walk-on transfer rule:
pimp.gif

Probably about time for them to throw another fit and move on to baseball full time.

via deadspin

Ken Starr faceplants when confronted with email showing he was told about rape at Baylor: deadsp.in/QZGiO8U

DEVIN LAUDERDALE ‏@d_lauderdale_  16h16 hours ago
If you ever slept on me, you'll never wanna sleep again. My Suspension is officially over. I'm back. #speedkills[emoji]9889[/emoji]️
TT WR

– Player Note | Michiah Quick: The ‘will he or won’t he’ switch to CB saga continues for Michiah Quick. As TFB first told you back in early February, the coaches were experimenting with Quick on the other side of the ball but ultimately left him at wide receiver. Where, by several accounts, he really started to come on during the spring.

However TFB got word that in a recent ‘players only’ 7-on-7 session, Quick was once again taking reps at corner.

TFB has since spoken with a couple different sources regarding the matter and it does sound like Quick is, once again, considering a move to cornerback. As of right now, it appears as though the intention this time is to focus on staying at corner. Although this comes with an obvious, yet necessary, caveat that fall camp is still several months away. So another switch back to receiver is certainly still a possibility.

This is something we will certainly continue to monitor throughout the summer. The team will be off until early June, at which point we’re optimistic there will be plenty of summers news to get everyone ready for fall camp and the coming season. – (Super K & Brandon)
https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ou...h-cornerback-recruiting-2017-kobe-boyce-texas

They're not that bad. 

Looks like they are inspired by these 

I wonder if OSU is just going to rock either their regular or plain silver helmets with them, or if Nike is bringing this concept back 

Rumors circulating that Baylor has hard proof of Texas, TCU and OU speaking to their 2016 signees and will try to leverage the NCAA to block them from taking any of these kids... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom