OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

David Smoak ‏@DavidSmoak  3h3 hours ago
I reported this on afternoon show on Friday, but #Baylor athletics confirmed today, RB Devin Chafin was dismissed after spring semester.
 David Ubben ‏@davidubben  1h1 hour ago
"Baker Mayfield Rule" fails by lack of majority. Vote was 5-5. Not on future agenda.

David Ubben ‏@davidubben  1h1 hour ago
Baker Mayfield could graduate and play in another conference. Doesn't sound like he'd have to file much paperwork.
nerd.gif

Baylor kids asking out of NLI's left and right, and several are already complaining they haven't spoken to Jim Grobe or the coaching staff once since all this went down... :lol: :smh: Uh, coach, I know you've been retired... But uh... Probably shoulda made about 30 phone calls immediately

Mayfield is transferring?
No, after this season at OU though he could theoretically play his 5th-year at a school of his choosing outside the Big XII. 

Boren or OU's AD mentioned that it didn't pass because schools were concerned their WO's could end up being recruited and offered schollys by other Big XII schools. 

Because it's about the "student athletes" right?

these camps really got everyone up in arms .

They have to change the rules. It's def out of control. Only non P5 should be allowed to do them.

Out of control? Nothing has even happened.

The plethora of camps scheduled across the country, masquerading as anything besides more recruiting. You can already text the kids 24/7, DM, etc. I'm not really for recruiting being extended even more. I love how Harbaugh is ruffling feathers, but Michigan doesn't need this to evaluate kids. This will definitely be reined in some.

Baylor is slimy for not releasing those kids.

The plethora of camps scheduled across the country, masquerading as anything besides more recruiting. You can already text the kids 24/7, DM, etc. I'm not really for recruiting being extended even more. I love how Harbaugh is ruffling feathers, but Michigan doesn't need this to evaluate kids. This will definitely be reined in some.

For arguments sake, lets just say these camps ARE set up for the campers and set up to help them learn the game from the best college coaches plus getting them some exposure to smaller schools hosting... Would they be okay then???

No, after this season at OU though he could theoretically play his 5th-year at a school of his choosing outside the Big XII. 

Boren or OU's AD mentioned that it didn't pass because schools were concerned their WO's could end up being recruited and offered schollys by other Big XII schools. 

Because it's about the "student athletes" right?

The rule was pretty clear. He could have transferred to one of the other 120+ schools and there wouldn't be a problem. It was transferring within the conference. There was a rule in place. The sooners think they are entitled to just change rules. They knew this when they took him and Baker knew it when he transferred.

Baylor just gotta take the L here

Bruce Feldman‏ @BruceFeldmanCFB

#Baylor isn't letting signees out of their LOIs. One FR's dad said he hopes BU reconsiders & does the right thing:

https://t.co/cQJyCC9LDC

I dont know why Baylor is dragging this out. They couldn't have handled this entire situation more poorly. Pull off the bandaid so the healing can begin. Let those kids go and just start over.

Last edited by a moderator:
when you got the death penalty possibly on the horizon you should try and get some mercy by showing some self awareness ...not holding kids hostage to some piece of paper .

They have to change the rules. It's def out of control. Only non P5 should be allowed to do them.

What about kids who can't travel using it as a way to meet/see the coach's teaching style in person? People see it as more recruiting because they have a skewed opinion of who is supposed to benefit from it.

95% of the kids who attend these camps will not be offered a scholarship to Michigan...I think you're underestimating the fact that Coach Harbaugh is real deal coaching these kids at each camp...thats a great moment in many of these kids lives

95% of the kids who attend these camps will not be offered a scholarship to Michigan...I think you're underestimating the fact that Coach Harbaugh is real deal coaching these kids at each camp...thats a great moment in many of these kids lives

He is not even going to all the camps

Saban saying Cam Robinson may still play at the start of the season, that they're waiting to see how he legal issues sort out.

Also apparently some Bama players failed drug tests? Any word on who it was?

Baylor keeps taking L's.

Four-star wide receiver Devin Duvernay – the top-rated signee in Baylor’s 2016 class – is free to sign with another program due to an issue with his National Letter of Intent. Baylor apparently never properly submitted Duvernay’s paperwork, making his NLI invalid.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...-elsewhere-thanks-to-nli-gaffe-155743692.html

Frogs in play to capitalize on their mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

What about kids who can't travel using it as a way to meet/see the coach's teaching style in person? People see it as more recruiting because they have a skewed opinion of who is supposed to benefit from it.

Clearly, there are additional benefits. This is all about recruiting, though. They're targeting specific areas for recruiting purposes, hosting them at top player's HS campuses, etc. we can talk about how cool it is for little Jimmy to get coached by Harbaugh, but that's not what this is about. It's about expanding recruiting imprints and getting to spend time with prospects. A few hours of coaching is going to have that tremendous of an impact?

Last edited:
Clearly, there are additional benefits. This is all about recruiting, though. They're targeting specific areas for recruiting purposes, hosting them at top player's HS campuses, etc. we can talk about how cool it is for little Jimmy to get coached by Harbaugh, but that's not what this is about. It's about expanding recruiting imprints and getting to spend time with prospects. A few hours of coaching is going to have that tremendous of an impact?

ANY other coaches/staffs have been invited to participate in these camps bro, so whats your point? Coach Harbaugh has not been exclusive with this at all.

Lol@ they're targeting specific areas for recruiting.

So? they already host camps in and around Michigan. They want to get out to places that kids can't necessarily make the trip to Michigan from.

How is that a bad thing for them? it's another opportunity.

Not to mention it's probably a blast for the kids who arent going to play at the next level to spend a day with these coaching staffs.

Last edited:
Hopefully players that don't want to be at Baylor can go somewhere else without penalty.

nobody is in the wrong, the south should be protecting their block , the big ten schools should be using whatever tools they can to expand .

Have fun trying to get someone to leave Miami Beach to drink lead water while chilling in 15 degree weather up in Michigan .

When those Adidas Money Bag camps come to the Midwest with a Bus full Colombian girls with "coordinator" titles and yeezy boosts we gonna see :pimp: .

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Aint nobody want them Narco leftovers. 
 Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter  2h2 hours ago
Breaking: Big 12 reconsidering rule change it voted down regarding walk-on transfers. New language being discussed:
 Tony Barnhart ‏@MrCFB  1h1 hour ago Florida, USA
Miss. State signee Jeffery Simmons has been admitted  "under conditions." He will sit out the first game vs. S. Alabama plus counseling.

Back
Top Bottom