OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

I'm kind of surprised no SEC or Big XII program has thrown some money at Mike Sherman to be an OL coach. 

Beside's QB, it's the position group that has seen the biggest dip in play since the JFF era for A&M. 

I'm willing to bet it's because he doesn't want to recruit.

Jim Turner is the one a college should try to get. He was a great coach at TAMU under Sherman. Helped close that OL class that had 3 1st-rounders and a 5th-rounder.

He's probably a tough sell for a college program after the whole Jonathan Martin thing though.

Last edited:
"Former Michigan interim AD Jim Hackett said that five-star DT Rashan Gary was offered "incentives" from unspecified teams during the recruiting process.

Hackett dropped this nugget--initially reported by SB Nation's Alejandro Zúñiga--during Michigan's NSD event on Wednesday. The former interim athletic director--UConn's Warde Manuel took over permanent duties in January--wouldn't elaborate as to which competing squads tossed incentives Gary's way, nor the exact nature of said incentives, merely saying that he was happy the consensus No. 1 recruit in this cycle chose a Michigan education. Clemson was the other team battling for the 6-foot-5, 290-pounder's heart come National Signing Day, but USC, Auburn and Ole Miss had also previously been in the picture. Whether there's anything substantive here remains to be seen."

Damn the NCAA did Terrel Hunt so dirty with that ruling. He would've had a nice season playing in Barbers offense smh

I'm kind of surprised no SEC or Big XII program has thrown some money at Mike Sherman to be an OL coach. 

Beside's QB, it's the position group that has seen the biggest dip in play since the JFF era for A&M. 

I'm willing to bet it's because he doesn't want to recruit.
I think that's definitely accurate.

Wasn't it him that had the mini-documentary about his HS football program? He's perfect for that kind of environment.

dacomeup dacomeup check your inbox.

Any of you Michigan dudes in Ann Arbor? Thinking about heading out there after work tomorrow night. Need some recs.

Someone tell Beilien about these incentives.
We need to dig Ed Martin up 
laugh.gif

[h1]Kyle Allen: Texas A&M dysfunction stems from Manziel-led culture[/h1]
“I think the culture was a big part of it, and I think that stems from Johnny's era there -- the way that they let Johnny and [others] act there,” said Allen, the No. 1-rated pro-style quarterback in the 247Sports Composite for 2014. “They [could] do that and still win games because they had Johnny … and five offensive linemen playing in the NFL right now.”

Allen added: “A lot of people were riding off that, ‘I can do whatever the hell I want and win on Saturday.'"

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...am-dysfunction-stems-from-manziel-led-culture

Back
Top Bottom