OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Nope. Said he's completely wide open right now, but if he's leaning anywhere USC has been on him the hardest.
Oregon hasn't offered Tua. Don't know if they will. They don't usually offer a kid until they're a junior (usually)

Thomas Tyner has retired from football

Wow

Sad to see his career end like that, but he's a bright kid. Naturally, I wish him well.

Ducks still return a ton of talent at RB next year: Freeman, Brooks-James, Griffin, Benoit. I expect RB to be a point of emphasis for 2017 class.

i agree with your assessment. Tate better now, but Tua looks like he has huge upside. I didnt think he had that type of arm.

I like Fink more than tate. Fink has that frame thats just itching to gain 20-25 pounds and be a monster. But I do cringe sometimes watching him throw.

I think Darnold's going to be a casualty and be forced to transfer. I like the kid. Way more athletic than i thought.
Right now Darnold might be the perfect QB for Kiffin/Sark/Helton's pro-spread. He has a strong arm, is accurate, and can run. He can't throw as hard as Max Browne or run like Jalen Greene or Fink but he's the best mix of all those things. He's also a really big kid, and younger than Tate Martell (18 yrs old, 6'4, 220.) Super underrated. He's looked good enough to force Ricky Town to transfer before week 1 and to have people questioning if Max B will even win the job in the fall.

I don't think Sam's going to transfer. He's a lot like Max Browne in that he's at USC because he likes the school first, it's close to his family and he grew up a fan. If anything, if it comes to it he'll graduate early and transfer then if he gets passed up by anyone, but I doubt that happens.

Last edited:
Sumlin told Tate like a week ago they weren't taking another quarterback... :lol:

Dude has lost his marbles.

saying you're only taking one QB, that means you don't offer anyone else? I just don't get it

Like how is this even riling anyone up? I've Never seen such silly **** ever in my life man. It's feb 3rd 2016.

saying you're only taking one QB, that means you don't offer anyone else? I just don't get it

Like how is this even riling anyone up? I've Never seen such silly **** ever in my life man. It's feb 3rd 2016.
It has nothing to do with the number of offers at the position. It's about being a coach that people have already stated they can't trust telling a kid one thing to his face then going out less than a week later and breaking that promise and not even talking to the kid when he calls.

You would think Sumlin might have taken that to heart when Jeff McColluch straight said that to his face before his in-home visit, but it appears not.

Did he tell the kid i'm not offering anyone else or I'm not taking anyone else? Is the kid signed? Like how is this a problem.
Come signing day, let this kid sign somewhere else and him have no offers out to other QBs. Y'all would be destroying him. And that would be way more appropriate than this witch hunt going right now

QB play will be critical (of course), but biggest change has to come from from Hoke and the defense. The O is gonna do O things.

Are the last of chips recruits pretty much gone now too?

I think hoke will be fine as a coordinator, that's better for him than a head coaching gig

Curious to see how Oregon finishes in the next few seasons
We gonna be buns till Hoke gets the players he wants on defense and to see if hes even the right guy for our defense. Getting another 4 star recruit at QB would be nice too! Wish I got more chances go see Mariotta play, that's a once in a generation player.

Last edited:
Tee Martin's son, right? I thought he took SC out of his top 5?

Wake Forrest in his top 5? What connection do they have with him?

the ball literally flys out of Tuas hand, kid is special. most people here pray he stays home but I'd be really shocked if he went anywhere other than sc.

Tee Martin's son, right? I thought he took SC out of his top 5?

Wake Forrest in his top 5? What connection do they have with him?

He was committed to SC, then decommitted cuz he wanted to enjoy the process. It's Feb. don't take anything that happens in the next 12 months with him seriously.

It's literally Clemson, SC, or Tenn.
Prob only SC or Tenn.

Did he tell the kid i'm not offering anyone else or I'm not taking anyone else? Is the kid signed? Like how is this a problem.
Come signing day, let this kid sign somewhere else and him have no offers out to other QBs. Y'all would be destroying him. And that would be way more appropriate than this witch hunt going right now
Umm...I'm no expert on grammar, but "we're not taking another QB" kind of insinuates "We're not taking anyone else at your position," right? I don't know the specifics of the whole Gunna "black coach can get away with whatever he wants to" position, but that seems a little risky in my opinion...especially when he's already been called a fraud by the kids this recruit was trying to talk into playing for A&M.

Either way, Sumlin is gone unless he wins 10 games next year, which isn't happening.

Last edited:
Witch hunt? :lol:

Sumlin lost two five star quarterbacks a month ago because neither of them trusted him, had every big target left on his recruiting board fall to Charlie Strong because kids don't think they can trust him, and now this?

It's not hard to pick up the phone and tell your five star quarterback who just flew in on his own dime to help you recruit official visitors what's going on.

I'm all for Kevin Sumlin. But these last couple of months have not been a good look for him. At all.

Sumlin is the best coach we've had since RC Slocum.
:lol: That doesn't exactly say a whole hell of a lot. But I think he's a fine football coach.

Problem is he's created an environment for himself where kids and parents have this perception they can't trust him.

That's not saying a lot?

Who else is their in modern school history? Ballard? Sherrill?

Outside of getting a special guy, we are better off sticking with Sumlin until we have a losing season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom