OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Are the last of chips recruits pretty much gone now too?

I think hoke will be fine as a coordinator, that's better for him than a head coaching gig

Sort of. The last class Chip was there for (2012) only has a couple of guys left that include Pharaoh Brown, Dwayne Stanford, Jeff Lockie (ugh), and Evan Baylis. The 2013 class, that he helped put together before he left still has guys like Darren Carrington, Devon Allen, Johnny Mundt, Tyree Robinson.

So, to answer your question... Most of Chip's guys are gone. Gonna be a couple more years before we really know if Helfrich can sustain what Chip started (word to Kylo Ren)

Did he tell the kid i'm not offering anyone else or I'm not taking anyone else? Is the kid signed? Like how is this a problem.
Come signing day, let this kid sign somewhere else and him have no offers out to other QBs. Y'all would be destroying him. And that would be way more appropriate than this witch hunt going right now
Umm...I'm no expert on grammar, but "we're not taking another QB" kind of insinuates "We're not taking anyone else at your position," right? I don't know the specifics of the whole Gunna "black coach can get away with whatever he wants to" position, but that seems a little risky in my opinion...especially when he's already been called a fraud by the kids this recruit was trying to talk into playing for A&M.

Either way, Sumlin is gone unless he wins 10 games next year, which isn't happening.

its obvious you have the pitch fork out. He OFFERS another QB, he didn't say we're signing you both. He OFFERED. You know, maybe just in case,

And yeah, I'm giving black coaches more leeway (more specifically a good coach like Sumlin) especially since the white people with money who control the hiring and firing don't give them ANY shots.

That still doesn't mean a second offer out to another QB is wrong. It completely is not.

Example. Butch Jones told Carlin -fils, I'm taking One RB, you are my guy... Do u know how many other RBs had offers... At least 5. It's a cover your *** move.

The second Sumlin stops winning, and does something worthy of being fired, I will join in on the witch hunt klan posse, but until then y'all look stupid being mad about another QB offer going out

Last edited:
Thomas Tyner has retired from football

Wow

Aw man..is it due to fear of head injuries? fear more kids will start doing this.
Nah shoulder injury + he apparently has other options in life.

Ah got you. Best of luck to that kid. Was a joy to watch play
Remember watching him tear up the HS games around here, then announcing Oregon and knowing he'd be the next one up. Sad his career is over before it really began. He'll be good though, smart kid and lots of support around him. Just happy he didn't take the Lyerla route after his injury.

The takes in here on Sumlin, even from Aggie fans, are laughable.

Losing trust is such a speculative narrative :lol:

Sure Sumlin didn't handle the QB situation perfectly, but the Murray family was so toxic to the situation :lol:
It's hard for me to assert fault in that whole situation with the various issues of Spav and the Murrays.

And I really hope Sumlin didn't tell Martell he would be the only QB in the class. That style of recruiting was eventually part of the Mack Brown downfall :lol:

The takes in here on Sumlin, even from Aggie fans, are laughable.

Losing trust is such a speculative narrative :lol:

Sure Sumlin didn't handle the QB situation perfectly, but the Murray family was so toxic to the situation :lol:
It's hard for me to assert fault in that whole situation with the various issues of Spav and the Murrays.

And I really hope Sumlin didn't tell Martell he would be the only QB in the class. That style of recruiting was eventually part of the Mack Brown downfall :lol:

^^^

He gets it. I may not agree with the way Sumlin is handling the quarterbacks in CS but fall back options should always be taken into consideration.

Been a Twitter rumor all day yesterday but literally no source where it came from.

I don't think anyone has an issue with lining up backup plans. In fact, A&M has done a pretty piss poor job of doing just that two years running.

But perception is reality. And whether some of you want to believe it or not, it isn't "speculative narrative" that kids don't trust Kevin Sumlin and aren't comfortable with how the show is being run down there. I talk to plenty of dudes I coached with in DFW who had kids A&M recruited and went elsewhere for exactly that fact.

And it's got nothing to do with job security, because he lost all those kids to Charlie Strong, whose seat is every bit as hot.

The Allen/Murray situation caused the whole thing to go nuclear. It was an unprecedented, unmitigated disaster. And it's not a secret both left because of Kevin Sumlin. Murray hated him. He tossed Kyle Allen under the bus and backed over him.

It's a **** show right now. Can it be fixed? Sure. But it's off the rails right now and has been for awhile.

All that said, I do have a hard time pinning getting into bed with the Murrays on Sumlin... I think he was told pretty explicitly to do whatever it took to not lose that kid to Texas. And it blew up in everyone's face.

That is probably where Sumlin messed up, should have told Murray if you come here you'll redshirt a year or you can go to Texas, at least that way you would have still kept Allen.

Look, no one's saying fall back options are bad. People are saying if you know you need fall back options or to take multiple recruits in a class, then DON'T tell one of those recruits you're not looking at anyone else, just to get him to commit. Stop making promises you know you can't and won't keep. That's the criticism. No one is forcing him to tell Tate Martell, Kyler Murray, etc. these things. He's doing it to himself.

Stop making promises you know you can't and won't keep. That's the criticism. No one is forcing him to tell Tate Martell, Kyler Murray, etc. these things. He's doing it to himself.
That's the biggest issue here.

And he keeps doing this with the kids who are supposed to be the most bought in and lead his team. It's just odd.

And Mike is exactly right. They need to take two quarterbacks. They initially made that promise to Tate when Kyler and Kyle were there. Obviously circumstances have changed... But for whatever reason they reassured him a week ago he was their only guy when he was on campus.

Right, wrong or otherwise, it's perceived as being untrustworthy. And it's becoming all too common down there.

That is probably where Sumlin messed up, should have told Murray if you come here you'll redshirt a year or you can go to Texas, at least that way you would have still kept Allen.
I most definitely think Sumlin was pressured into taking Murray because if Murray goes to Texas pretty much the every top prospect in Texas who was uncommitted going into signing day was inking with Texas. Most assuredly a gang of the top 2016 guys were going to Texas too. That for the most part happened anyway but Murray had that pull.

Most of the issues going on at A&M may be over Sumlin's head but he's definitely not getting the benefit of the doubt, whether that's fair or not.

Did he tell the kid i'm not offering anyone else or I'm not taking anyone else? Is the kid signed? Like how is this a problem.
Come signing day, let this kid sign somewhere else and him have no offers out to other QBs. Y'all would be destroying him. And that would be way more appropriate than this witch hunt going right now
Umm...I'm no expert on grammar, but "we're not taking another QB" kind of insinuates "We're not taking anyone else at your position," right? I don't know the specifics of the whole Gunna "black coach can get away with whatever he wants to" position, but that seems a little risky in my opinion...especially when he's already been called a fraud by the kids this recruit was trying to talk into playing for A&M.

Either way, Sumlin is gone unless he wins 10 games next year, which isn't happening.

And if he's gone this thread is on to another coach you'll be crying about.

You on a 3-4 coach run with it

I'm kind of surprised no SEC or Big XII program has thrown some money at Mike Sherman to be an OL coach. 

Beside's QB, it's the position group that has seen the biggest dip in play since the JFF era for A&M. 

Back
Top Bottom