OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

What that Miami staff looking like??

No idea outside of Lily, Rocker and BMac. Rumors now that Lily might not come because it's expensive to live there?

Lots of names being floated around defensively. Willie Martinez, Corey Raymond, Michael Barrow.

Rocker?! Oh heeeeell naw, where you see/hear y'all getting Rocker at

Rocker has been consistently mentioned since CMR was hired. Don't think he's been recruiting under Pruitt. BMac, Lily and Rocker were the only ones who showed at whatever event that was that Richt came back for. Everyone else was recruiting.

Rocker, Lilly & BMac are the only ones that showed because they are the only ones still around from the old staff that haven't been hired away/retained officially. Sherrer (OLB) and Brown (RBs) have been the only ones recruiting since we hired Kirby. Hope we keep Rocker, every DLineman in Georgia wants to play for him and he brings that nastiness out of his players

Finally
The HBCU-wide contract with Russell end after this school year. Some schools may resign with them but most are projected to sign elsewhere. I've been tracking the situation all year long.

Under Armour is aggressively contacting schools for a new contract. At least 15 HBCUs will be signed to UA after June including, Howard, Hampton, Morgan State, UMES, Coppin State, and my school, Bowie State. The link above is about Under Armour's VP of Global Marketing. She is the creator of the I Will moniker for UA and is a Howard grad and former volleyball player for HU.

Grambling State and North Carolina A&T are projected to resign with Nike and Jordan after a 10 year hiatus. Tennessee State is already an Adidas school while, Alabama A&M may resign back with them.

What that Miami staff looking like??

No idea outside of Lily, Rocker and BMac. Rumors now that Lily might not come because it's expensive to live there?

Lots of names being floated around defensively. Willie Martinez, Corey Raymond, Michael Barrow.

Rocker?! Oh heeeeell naw, where you see/hear y'all getting Rocker at

Rocker has been consistently mentioned since CMR was hired. Don't think he's been recruiting under Pruitt. BMac, Lily and Rocker were the only ones who showed at whatever event that was that Richt came back for. Everyone else was recruiting.

Rocker, Lilly & BMac are the only ones that showed because they are the only ones still around from the old staff that haven't been hired away/retained officially. Sherrer (OLB) and Brown (RBs) have been the only ones recruiting since we hired Kirby. Hope we keep Rocker, every DLineman in Georgia wants to play for him and he brings that nastiness out of his players

Yea, I think that not recruiting and not being officially retained at this point is a big sign that he won't be back :lol:

Actually sounds like Muschamp is trying to bring in BMac and Rocker as well.

Last edited:
Kelvin Taylor and DeMarcus Robinson declared for the draft, why? Who knows.

Apple, Marshall, and Lee are all leaving on top of the ones we already know (bosa, Zeke, etc,)

My god next year is gonna be rough

Kelvin Taylor and DeMarcus Robinson declared for the draft, why? Who knows.

Prob the same reason Grier's leaving. Some chatter on Twitter and football writers about a bunch of the players brought in by Muschamp not liking Mcelwain.

Last edited:
1. It was real interesting news that came out this weekend about Adoree' Jackson and the probability that he will skip spring ball in order to focus on track & field, where he has a chance not only to compete for an NCAA title this year but for a spot in the 2016 Olympics as well. I think this move by Helton speaks volumes to the players, as other coaches in the past have preached their support of two-sport athletes but didn't seem to always follow through. It's not like this is a small piece that will be missing during spring with the various roles Adoree' plays and how much benefit any practice time can be but it shouldn't be too much of a big deal football-wise as Adoree' has a sharp football mind and he's a veteran, he will be able to keep up even with a new coordinator and system. The bigger picture is the opportunity that awaits Adoree' in track, and the fact that this decision allows him to give it his best shot. Helton talked about how it was something they promised Adoree' in recruiting, but you also get the sense the new coach genuinely believes it is the right thing to do. Score a big positive for Helton with this move.

I guess I'm wondering what draft grades these dudes are getting though. No way either of them are above a 4th rd pick at best.

Yeah I expect Burns to go regardless ..he's the only one that has top 3 round potential

Would just love to see him in a man press system

Back
Top Bottom