OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

That game might seriously be the first team to score a TD wins. We might even be in for another M00N game this weekend.

We ain't even thinking about y'all, truth be told. I am glad y'all are playing well though. Give Sparty a decent W.
laugh.gif
 Ok

Even when Michigan was trash during the RR and Hoke eras, that was Staee's SB. 

Last edited:
I've lived here for almost a year and a half and hearing a MSU fan say that they aren't thinking about UM is the funniest thing that I've heard
laugh.gif
. Definitely a little brother fan base.
The thing about MSU Football:  No matter how much success the team has (How much more success the team has than UM) they always get the media spotlight.  Since last Fall, all we've heard about is that overzealous Khaki wearing clown, and how he's going to magically bring UM football back to prominence.  Dudes were getting Harbaugh shirts made before this dude even stepped foot in AA.  The hype has been ridiculous.

Not about how Dantonio has turned MSU into a powerhouse in the past 8 years.  Not how MSU has a legit shot to play in the playoff this year.  Nah, we gotta hear all this hype about a squad that went 5 and F$*#&g 7 last year, that hasn't been #($t in years, and that we've absolutely ran through the last few years.

So yea, we ain't worried about them, but when you have to hear about these dudes everywhere you turn, it does get pretty annoying.

And no one is worried about got damn Rutgers 
indifferent.gif

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2...xander-dominates-fuller-in-match-up-of-titans

Mackensie Alexander dominates Fuller in match-up of titans

usa-today-8110023.0.jpg

Clemson defensive back Mackensie Alexander had spent the better part of the last two weeks hearing what a challenge he would have going up against possibly the best wide receiver in the nation in Notre Dame's Will Fuller.

However, for Alexander there was no doubt in his mind who would come out on top of that match-up.

"I've been hearing about (Fuller) for two weeks. It was great to go out and take him out, and just turn around and laugh," Alexander told reporters early Sunday morning. "I mean...this is what I do."

The dynamic receiver was held to only two catches for 37 yards on a rainy night, a far cry from the eye popping numbers he had amassed coming into the game. Fuller entered the game with 22 catches for 454 yards and six touchdowns.
Alexander said his game-plan for containing Fuller was to show him many different looks--a plan that worked to perfection Saturday night.

"He had one catch against me. That's it," Alexander said. "He's been killing everybody all season. He's phenomenal. He's got a lot of ability. I think I minimized that and I took it away from him."I showed him a lot of different looks. To be a great DB, you've got to be able to do that. You've got to be able to change your game every week, like (Darrelle) Revis does. You just can't show up and press every play and do certain things. You've got to do different things every week, just show them something they haven't seen. He has great abilities. Taking them away tonight, it was awesome."

In-spite of holding Fuller to one catch Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said Sunday night during his weekly teleconference that Alexander still has a lot to work on.

He's certainly a great one," Swinney said of Alexander. "He made a lot of mistakes, too. We have a lot of coaching we will be able to do. There were things where he didn't do his job. Shoot, you want as many great players as you can have. But there will be a lot we can coach him from off of this game. And he loves to be coached and wants to get better."

The one thing that will be easiest to change is the talking

For much of the night Alexander was in the face of Fuller letting him know after each play exactly what he thought of his play in the game eventually drawing a warning from the officials.

"This guy, if you look at his film, his performance, his numbers, he's been killing it, killing guys that are considered some of the best," Alexander said. "I talked to him tonight and I told him, ‘I showed you a whole bunch of different looks, didn't I?' And he said, ‘Yeah, man, you showed me so much stuff I didn't know you were even doing.' I said, ‘I know, that's what I do.' 
"Fuller's a fast guy with a lot of ability to run deep vertical. I can run too, And I'm more physical than he is. He tried to come up on me. He noticed. It's tougher than you thought. Heading into this week my defensive coordinator and everybody was talking about he was the best in the country. I've been hearing about it for two weeks, so it was great to go out there and take him out of it and just turn around and laugh. This is what I do."

Head coach Dabo Swinney made it clear that just playing the game is all the Tigers need or want from the sophomore cornerback because at the end of the day emotion can cost the team.

"We don't need that mess. We have to stay focused on what we're doing," Swinney said. "Emotions are part of the game, but you can't get so emotional that you get outside of yourself and risk getting a penalty. Let your play do the talking. Everyone is prideful and that's one of the things that makes him great. He's ultra-competitive. Just make sure you channel your energy."

With Alexander shutting down one of the best receivers in the game at the end of the day his take away from the game was that this was a big win--for the whole team.

"Our defense and our offense heard how great Notre Dame was for two weeks. It was big for us to come out as a team and dominate those boys and show what we are really about. It was great. It was fun."

Last edited:
UM v FSU may deliver ..... and I wouldn't be surprised if Miami plays better than what most may expect

That game might seriously be the first team to score a TD wins. We might even be in for another M00N game this weekend.
UM Defense has been pretty impressive.  I'll give y'all props for that.  NW/UM Will be a good one.

I've lived here for almost a year and a half and hearing a MSU fan say that they aren't thinking about UM is the funniest thing that I've heard
laugh.gif
. Definitely a little brother fan base.
tRCMB had a 200 page thread on Michigan's coaching search http://michiganstate.247sports.com/...UMichAA-Thread-Others-will-be-locked-33505904

But they don't care about Michigan doe...

The thing about MSU Football:  No matter how much success the team has (How much more success the team has than UM) they always get the media spotlight.  Since last Fall, all we've heard about is that overzealous Khaki wearing clown, and how he's going to magically bring UM football back to prominence.  Dudes were getting Harbaugh shirts made before this dude even stepped foot in AA.  The hype has been ridiculous.

Not about how Dantonio has turned MSU into a powerhouse in the past 8 years.  Not how MSU has a legit shot to play in the playoff this year.  Nah, we gotta hear all this hype about a squad that went 5 and F$*#&g 7 last year, that hasn't been #($t in years, and that we've absolutely ran through the last few years.

So yea, we ain't worried about them, but when you have to hear about these dudes everywhere you turn, it does get pretty annoying.

And no one is worried about got damn Rutgers 
indifferent.gif
Purdue ain't that much better than Rutgers, and that was in EL.  Ain't nobody left on that schedule a guarantee W for MSU.  IU might be taking the Old Brass Spittoon back to Bloomington this season 
nerd.gif

What is Mike Hart up to these days, anyway? 
laugh.gif
RB coach for WMU

RedditCFB ‏@RedditCFB  34m34 minutes ago
Report: Texas cancelled scheduled meeting with Under Armour, appears likely to re-sign with Nike: http://www.burntorangenation.com/20...ns-apparel-contract-under-armour-meeting-nike
Did Nike match what UA was going to offer?
 Dayana Sarkisova ‏@dsarkisova  54m54 minutes ago Florence, KY
.@PFF_Sam breaks down why Cal's Jared Goff is the best QB prospect in the country right now. https://goo.gl/lQIK80  

If you look at Msu's defense, and I hate to even look ahead of NW, their defense is vulnerable in the secondary but I don't really have faith in Rudock to take advantage. I don't think we'll get much out of the run game.

I don't want to hear crying about little brother when this is what your own fan base thinks of the number 2 team in the country.
"The weather is too crappy to watch the number 2 team in the country. Let's go home at halftime."

bQbH7po.jpg

HHFOydF.jpg

There were probably more UM fans at Maryland than there were Sparty fans at Sparty stadium by the time the games ended. And the weather in College Park wasn't much better.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 What a reach.  

It was homecoming weekend, and most of the people were not expecting rain.  They ran out of Ponchos, and we were up 21-0.

Now tell me:  If it was Homecoming, and it starting raining, you have no umbrella or anything, and the squad is up 21-0 on a team you thought you'd probably blow out, would you stay and watch this blowout in the rain, or leave and continue homecoming festivities, assuming that the game is in the bag?

:lol:  What a reach.  

It was homecoming weekend, and most of the people were not expecting rain.  They ran out of Ponchos, and we were up 21-0.

Now tell me:  If it was Homecoming, and it starting raining, you have no umbrella or anything, and the squad is up 21-0 on a team you thought you'd probably blow out, would you stay and watch this blowout in the rain, or leave and continue homecoming festivities, assuming that the game is in the bag?

I'm sayng when Michigan is the number 2 team in the country, the stadium will not be half empty at halftime of a game if it's raining out.

laugh.gif
 What a reach.  

I'm sayng when Michigan is the number 2 team in the country
Stop.

Back
Top Bottom