Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys see Broner ever becoming a Legitimate Elite PPV fighter???

Right now is a scary measuring stick for AB. I don't think he beats Swift, Machine, or Desert Storm at this exact moment.

Devon Alexander comes to mind for Broner's next fight. Dev's coming off a loss which he took some hard, clean shots. Didn't box or jab crisply. Didn't look his best or usual self. Has very limited punching power.

I would love to see Porter upset Maidana. I support Machine, but Chino not as much for whatever reason.

AB needed this. Living life way too fast and not focusing on the important ****. He'll be humbled by tonight for sure.

I'm curious to see where he goes from here though. He doesn't throw enough punches, gets hit way too much, and he clearly didnt carry the power that he had at 130 to 147. It might be kind of rough for him cause he honestly isn't that good

Very humbling hahaha the f*ck you see this dude on a daily he's wild and very unhumble.
Most cocky fighter I know . When Floyd does it it's classic swag Ali type .
When broner would do it it's like please someone knock this fool out

To be honest, I neva' thought I'd see Broner lose in his mid 20's. If anything, during his 30's. He's such a talent. All that rapping, tweeting, IG, and clubbing finally came around full circle and bit him. I can't wait to go home and watch the fight ok it's entirety. Hopefully I can find a English speaking video.

I was not surprised at all by this fight. However because of politics, I thought Broner would win by a controversial decision. I thought Paulie out boxed and would have beat Broner if, Paulie had just a little more power. I never thought Broner's defense was very good. Paulie hit him a lot. Marcos hit him a lot. Good defense is not getting hit and shaking your head, like it didn't hurt. Good defense is not getting hit. Judging his competition, is tough because all the fighters are generally fed "bums" in order to build up their records. Marcos has been in the ring with world class fighters, and that counts for a lot.

Broner was trying to be Floyd "Money" Mayweather, but lets not forget Floyd "Pretty Boy" was 37-0 and a proven world class fighter. After the De La Hoya fight , he realized he could make more money by being a caricature outside the ring. I personally think Floyd's "Money" act is a brilliant marketing plan. It sucks that guys have to resort "buffoonery" in order to get noticed.

My favorite boxer is Andre Ward, to bad nobody outside of "true boxing" fans know who he is.

Last edited:
This loss had nothing to do with clubs, rapping, touring or entourages. A lot of discredit to chino right now. AB was NEVER THAT GOOD. NEVER. Stop making excuses and Stop believing what you heard out of his mouth. He is nowhere the level fighter Floyd is. He is an al heymon creation. He lucky Paulie has pillow hands or he woulda got done like this last fight.

Chino boxed his *** off, fought behind a decent jab and killed him with body shots.

Stop talking about Bum *** Broner and talk about the guy whowalked thru his ***.

Bronet has no plan b and rarely has a game plan. He has no defense and is the most unslick boxer you can find in recent history

Good bye Adrien Berto

Last edited:
^^exactly. Dudes acting like it was a fluke or too much partying, nah he was just never that good. All you had to do was look at the paulie fight, if paulie had any semblance of power it would've been a real bad night for him. He gets hit alot. His defense is nothing like mayweather. He doesn't move his feet at all, he stands in the pockets, waits for the guy to stop punching then let's off. People claimed he had counters but in these last two fights I haven't seen any of that.

And why was he at 147 anyway? Couldn't hurt paulie or maidana. That was just a dumb move by his handlers. After the paulie fight nobody noticed he never hurt the dude once and paulie was landing almost at will?

I don't think broner beats any of the top guys at 147. He needs to head down to 140 for now. Without the strength and power advantage he had at 130 and 135, dude looks very beatable.

Damn I never knew broner was a prince hall Freemason??? Maybe that's part of the reason he was acting so untouchable....damn I hope Floyd's not on that ish

Last edited:
Dem angles, man. Maidana is just so awkward when he throws punches. And has a chin to boot 

Im happy Broner lost though his antics is corny and he def. shouldve gotten a point deducted for the dry hump its unsportsman like.  Ref was straight basura.

Gunna hit the nail on the head. Of course if you're out at the club, touring, etc you might get lazy or look past your opponent. But AB wasn't that great to begin with. He jumped up to fight the weakest puncher in the division with Paulie, had a controversial fight with PDL, and fought garbage men the rest of the time. He truly hasn't proven anything.

ya catch maidana brushing broners hair post fight? lol

rjdtlu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom