Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The best thing to do now would be to cut/release Kyle Williams from the team.  Let's be honest here, he won't be able to live that game down in the city for the rest of his football career no matter how well he pans out from this point forward.  Williams will be known as the Bill Buckner of football in San Francisco for a very long time.  It's really in both parties interest, especially for Kyle and his family just to part ways at this point from the team and the city.

His confidence is down and it's our best interest to get rid of him before the start of next season. He's still young and the backlash will be even worst if he comes back in red. Look at Roger Craig, one of the all-time greats yet after that fumble he was gone. 

I agree.  What's the vibe like in the city towads Williams right now, and besides the comments he gave to ESPN on Monday has Williams said anything else?? 

The best thing to do now would be to cut/release Kyle Williams from the team.  Let's be honest here, he won't be able to live that game down in the city for the rest of his football career no matter how well he pans out from this point forward.  Williams will be known as the Bill Buckner of football in San Francisco for a very long time.  It's really in both parties interest, especially for Kyle and his family just to part ways at this point from the team and the city.

His confidence is down and it's our best interest to get rid of him before the start of next season. He's still young and the backlash will be even worst if he comes back in red. Look at Roger Craig, one of the all-time greats yet after that fumble he was gone. 

I agree.  What's the vibe like in the city towads Williams right now, and besides the comments he gave to ESPN on Monday has Williams said anything else?? 

Not a Niners fan, but generally it seems like most of the Niners fans that I know/ have met recently are still somewhat mad at him but have accepted that he wasn't the only reason why the Niners didn't win last weekend. It's definitely not as bad as last Sunday; most people have cooled down. Of course, there are still some people that hate his guts
laugh.gif

Not a Niners fan, but generally it seems like most of the Niners fans that I know/ have met recently are still somewhat mad at him but have accepted that he wasn't the only reason why the Niners didn't win last weekend. It's definitely not as bad as last Sunday; most people have cooled down. Of course, there are still some people that hate his guts
laugh.gif

Nothing from what I know. What else does he really have to say? If he even opens his mouth, I bet he'll anger more of us fans out here. 
laugh.gif
mad.gif

nawlins, Of course we're still mad. I understand Alex's 3rd down lack of conversions also didn't help us but honestly, we expected that. It's the fact our defense did their job by putting Elijah on his back 6 times and we still had our chance to win despite a groggy offense. I mean, is it that hard to wave your arm from side to side? 
ohwell.gif

Sigh. Still pains me. 

Nothing from what I know. What else does he really have to say? If he even opens his mouth, I bet he'll anger more of us fans out here. 
laugh.gif
mad.gif

nawlins, Of course we're still mad. I understand Alex's 3rd down lack of conversions also didn't help us but honestly, we expected that. It's the fact our defense did their job by putting Elijah on his back 6 times and we still had our chance to win despite a groggy offense. I mean, is it that hard to wave your arm from side to side? 
ohwell.gif

Sigh. Still pains me. 

laugh.gif
mad.gif

ohwell.gif

Sigh. Still pains me. 
Yeah, I'm just saying that most people out here aren't on that "I want that dude dead" mindset anymore
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
mad.gif

ohwell.gif

Sigh. Still pains me. 
Yeah, I'm just saying that most people out here aren't on that "I want that dude dead" mindset anymore
laugh.gif

i feel bad for kyle williams but damn watching the ending of that game sucked.

it sucked even more going to modells the next day and seeing all those giants champions shirts and hats.

hopefully they have a productive offseason.

a friend of mine has been going in on kyle williams all week, i reminded him that jerry rice fumbled the ball and green bay recovered a few plays before terrell owens made his catch against green bay back in 99 and that the refs never called it and if they had how would he view jerry rice.

1 for 13 on 3rd down hurts though.

what really got me mad on sunday was that i got a ton of calls from cowboy and raider fans. i could tolerate giants fans popping off but something about raider and cowboy fans blowing my phone up that night irked me.

it sucked even more going to modells the next day and seeing all those giants champions shirts and hats.

a friend of mine has been going in on kyle williams all week, i reminded him that jerry rice fumbled the ball and green bay recovered a few plays before terrell owens made his catch against green bay back in 99 and that the refs never called it and if they had how would he view jerry rice.

what really got me mad on sunday was that i got a ton of calls from cowboy and raider fans. i could tolerate giants fans popping off but something about raider and cowboy fans blowing my phone up that night irked me.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Are you serious??  Jerry Rice had been in the NFL for 15 seasons.  Pretty sure, with all that he had done previously, he would hold up just fine.  What a terrible analogy.

Are you serious??  Jerry Rice had been in the NFL for 15 seasons.  Pretty sure, with all that he had done previously, he would hold up just fine.  What a terrible analogy.

Barely calmed down enough to read the comments on the game, even though the loss doesn't fall directly on Williams he is the
first thing that comes to all our minds when we think of it. Man it was painful to watch a cinderella story come to an end like that
but regardless it was a great season. All I can do now is watch Jim work his magic with a full offseason and hopefully steal some
more Aldon Smiths in the draft
pimp.gif

Barely calmed down enough to read the comments on the game, even though the loss doesn't fall directly on Williams he is the
first thing that comes to all our minds when we think of it. Man it was painful to watch a cinderella story come to an end like that
but regardless it was a great season. All I can do now is watch Jim work his magic with a full offseason and hopefully steal some
more Aldon Smiths in the draft
pimp.gif

You can't compare a rookie to Jerry bro. 
laugh.gif
 Besides it was a different situation. 

You can't compare a rookie to Jerry bro. 
laugh.gif
 Besides it was a different situation. 

Might as well just turn this into the offseason thread. That's all that everyone is talking about anyways.
laugh.gif

Might as well just turn this into the offseason thread. That's all that everyone is talking about anyways.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

laugh.gif
mad.gif

ohwell.gif

Sigh. Still pains me. 
laugh.gif
Those people who threatened him and his family are ridiculous. Flat out stupid. Plain and simple.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom