Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Why trade Ray Allen to the Thunder for no pieces that do anything for the Celtics?

Are Cook or Thabo really pieces you build with? The building blocks? No.

If he demands a trade there, maybe, and that's a huge maybe.
again.. i said "i would love for us to do.."

what playoff contender has a "building block" that they would be willing to part with for ray allen.. which is why i asked the question

i think thabo and cook have their roles on teams, obviously not building blocks (what did i say even remotely suggests this?).. but both are young and more importantly cheap
I'm not saying you suggested they are building blocks, but I'm saying, there are guys out there who teams would rather go after.

Contenders that could give some good prospects? Give me Norris Cole, Neal, Goudelock, Faried, Leonard, Beaubois, Psycho T, before I think about Thabo or Cook.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

I think their package is a little bit better because Foye can fill it up.
At a sub 40% clip.
laugh.gif

I can't help but think the Warriors are going to do something completely indefensible between now and the deadline. Whether that be trading for a really bad contract or what, I don't know.

^ make the trades work..

and remember boston wants space so they can be a player this summer

Bum Juice for Ray is actually the most logical move and fairest deal I've heard.  Celtics get a young piece who can slide right into the two and be there for the future while Memphis gets a lights out three point shooter which it desperately needs.

Why trade Ray Allen to the Thunder for no pieces that do anything for the Celtics?

again.. i said "i would love for us to do.."

what playoff contender has a "building block" that they would be willing to part with for ray allen.. which is why i asked the question

i think thabo and cook have their roles on teams, obviously not building blocks (what did i say even remotely suggests this?).. but both are young and more importantly cheap
I'm not saying you suggested they are building blocks, but I'm saying, there are guys out there who teams would rather go after.

Contenders that could give some good prospects? Give me Norris Cole, Neal, Goudelock, Faried, Leonard, Beaubois, Psycho T, before I think about Thabo or Cook.

All those guys aren't even said to be on the block, so why the comparison? Nuggets have no need for Ray Allen and wouldn't be talking about trading Faried now, ditto the Heat, ditto the Spurs, Lakers, Pacers, and beyond that you are looking at this from a very simple point of view. It's not like they are actively going out thinking they need to get these 2 hypothetically, or whoever they end up with, it will be about contract length and amount to provide cap room flexibility for "building block" moves.

I read an article on Golden State that says they want in the DH12 sweepstakes, if even for a 1yr rental.

^ make the trades work..

and remember boston wants space so they can be a player this summer
Got it chief.

Odom+Beaubois.
Goude+Metta+Kapono.
Foster+Psycho T+Amundson for Bass+Ray
Brewer+CJ+Asik.
OJ+Speights/Arthur/Cunningham+Pargo.

Those aren't the best trades, but give me any of those before I go and trade Ray Allen for Thabo and fricking Cook.

It would be Thabo OR Cook and Nazr actually, but yea if the Mavs wanted to do that I'd say that's the better deal but they'd want Delonte instead of Rodrigue so now they get 2 expirers. Of course, Odom is a #*!!% so I don't know how Ainge feels about him and he would probably commit that after KG cussed him out one good time in practice. Then on the Dallas end, you miss West's ability defensively.

Ainge traded Perkins for Jeff Green and Nenad Krstc

Ainge hasn't come out and said it but it is safe to say he has given up on this season. We aren't winning with this team so I hope we make as many deals as we can to get younger.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

It would be Thabo OR Cook and Nazr actually, but yea if the Mavs wanted to do that I'd say that's the better deal but they'd want Delonte instead of Rodrigue so now they get 2 expirers. Of course, Odom is a #*!!% so I don't know how Ainge feels about him and he would probably commit that after KG cussed him out one good time in practice. Then on the Dallas end, you miss West's ability defensively.

Ainge traded Perkins for Jeff Green and Nenad Krstc
Perkins, as important as he was to that team, was not, is not, and never will be Ray Allen.

Odom is an option next year.

The Bulls, Grizz, and Pacers could really use Ray Allen.

^ of the teams you listed..

i could only see the mavs and grizz deals working for both.. chicago maybe (depends on where asik's value is, since i assume they've gotten offers.. especially considering the lack of centers in the league)

why would boston want artest's deal, which still has a couple of years left on it at:
$6,790,640
$7,258,960
$7,727,280

not sure if the pacers would do it, i guess it comes down to how they really view themselves and if they really want to rent him just for the playoffs

Thabo's an elite defender, that's a nice commodity for any team. However, Celtics would probably want to go younger.

But again, I don't think Celtics are going to be sellers at the deadline, they want to beef up their roster, I just don't think they can do it. Jeff Green is a nice trade asset but he's hurt so they'd have to make a deal with squad who isn't expecting the playoffs cause acquiring Jeff Green would be to plan for next season and either way, Boston seems to be really high on him.

Originally Posted by PMatic

It's mostly a moot point as it is, considering the Magic haven't shown much interest in anyone on the Warriors' roster. If Lacob landed Howard, though, he'd have to deal with the possible reality of Howard bolting from the Bay Area and leaving a decimated Warriors roster behind. Then we're talking real tragic comedy, one that even Howard might find funny.
Link

107792990_4aea35474d.jpg

That would keep me entertained for years
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

***Edit***
5K club
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Thabo's an elite defender, that's a nice commodity for any team. However, Celtics would probably want to go younger.

But again, I don't think Celtics are going to be sellers at the deadline, they want to beef up their roster, I just don't think they can do it. Jeff Green is a nice trade asset but he's hurt so they'd have to make a deal with squad who isn't expecting the playoffs cause acquiring Jeff Green would be to plan for next season and either way, Boston seems to be really high on him.
DISCLAIMER:
NOT SAYING THE DEAL WILL HAPPEN OR THAT IT IS THE BEST BOSTON CAN GET

cook is 24 and thabo is 27.. both are locked in for cheap deals (3 mill per) for a couple of years  

but if boston intends to go forward with rondo and green (assuming they resign green, not sure how that whole thing works.. but still).. and whoever they get in free agency (and the 3 first round picks they would now have: there own, clippers and i assume the thunders as well).. having a good 3 point shooter who is only 24 isn't a bad thing (cook).. which is why i assume they would rather cook over thabo (someone has to be able to shoot with rondo and green)

Do people really want Ray Allen? I mean i respect his legacy and everything, but right now hes nothing more than a spotty jump shooter getting by on reputation. Theres plenty of backup SGs that i would take over Ray Ray, and as a Pacers fan, i sincerely hope they dont trade for dude. That Mayo trade they were eyeing last year woulda been the illest though

hes nothing more than a spotty jump shooter getting by on reputation
35th in field goal percentage, second in three-point percentage and fourth in free throw percentage.

Chauncey Billups gets by on reputation.

Mo, Gomes and one of our trade exceptions (we have 2) for Ray and Pietrus. It work in the trade machine. I say do it.

Originally Posted by djkaos23

Mo, Gomes and one of our trade exceptions (we have 2) for Ray and Pietrus. It work in the trade machine. I say do it.

that would destroy any offense coming off the bench
grin.gif
. I say Foye, Gomes, and the exception...

doubt boston wants to take on mo williams with 2 years left at 8,500,000..

the foye and gomes trade works (foye expires.. gomes has 2 years at 4,000,000).. but clippers dont have any first round picks

Back
Top Bottom