Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

i would cringe if the Lakers got Devin Harris, dude is a certified bum plus i hate his game.

You don't blow up the Lakers.. They are tied for 1st in the division, 3rd in the conference. With the weakest bench, and worst PG situation..

You address that and it's all theirs.. 2 maybe 3 players and they are a team that has as good a title shot as any team in the league.

Give me Beasley and Sessions.. Add Arenas who was reportedly impressive in his workout.

You can add those 3 pieces without giving up much more than 2 picks in the 20-30 range.

With Beasley you have a guy who can play SF & PF. Which allows Pau to play a few extra minutes at the C position giving Bynum more rest. Beasley is also a scorer which the bench desperately need..

You add Sessions who is a decent scorer, and decent distributor. With 3 Bonafide All Stars he has more opportunity.

Gilbert can score, and if reports are true and he has regained explosion due to the German treatment then he is a steal at Vets Min.

Also with a surplus of PGs & Shooting Guards (assuming the would dump Steve Blake & Darius Morris somewhere) the Lakers could even move Kobe into the 3 on occassion.

Those 3 moves of just saying screw this draft (which other than Kendall Marshall who the hell cares who we pick).. And even then we can try to keep 1 2012 pick and trade a 2013 pick.

But that lineup is infinitely deeper. With a lot more scorers. Taking a lot of pressure off the big 3 who are pretty much required to score 60+ PPG every night.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i would cringe if the Lakers got Devin Harris, dude is a certified bum plus i hate his game.

You got Luke Walton, McRoberts, Kapono, Blake, Fisher, Murphy, Artest, but Devin Harris is a certified bum, ok.

Originally Posted by quik1987

You got Luke Walton, McRoberts, Kapono, Blake, Fisher, Murphy, Artest, but Devin Harris is a certified bum, ok.
So why do we want one more bum?

what ever happend to arenas or rasheed wallace for that matter? somebody really got away with trolling sheed like that?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

what ever happend to arenas or rasheed wallace for that matter? somebody really got away with trolling sheed like that?
laugh.gif

Ball Don't Lie!

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif
Ball Don't Lie!
Both players played hard.

Devon Harris always sucked. SMH at everyone who ever believed otherwise.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Well....I'm sure Harris could at least keep up with the PGs who are sprinting in front of Fisher.

If the best LA can do is Devin Harris, it's still a major upgrade over Fisher. Honestly dude shouldn't even be in the league anymore.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

laugh.gif

Lakers just need to sign Arenas already SMH

I would prefer to give them Cook over Thabo, assuming Thabo will still be the same caliber of defender after returning from his foot injury. He was even knocking down his open shots this yr. I'd try to really rape them and get Avery somehow too, though they'd obviously say no. Convince them that having Reggie Jackson in Boston would be the greatest thing ever for them and him.

^ i think they would want cook over thabo, since he's a spot up shooter and fits better with rondo.. IF they decided to keep rondo

but if they were able to make the trade the warriors for curry (saw that rumor out their some place), then thabo would be the better fit

plus cook is younger of the 2 (he's 24.. granted thabo is only 27)

Thunder with Ray Allen
sick.gif
sick.gif
they would kill it. Start Ray and keep having Harden come off the bench since hes doing so well.

Thunder with Ray Allen
sick.gif
sick.gif
they would kill it. Start Ray and keep having Harden come off the bench since hes doing so well.

yup.. then we can close out games with this lineup: russ, ray, harden, KD and ibaka

ray can cut his mins down to 27/28 (he's averaging 33 now).. which will save his legs come postseason time

Fisher's best asset is he hits his shots when we need him to, and is a good presence. Probably one of the best teammates in the league...

Other than that he's pretty much doesn't bring anything

But this year as opposed to previous years his passing has improved a little bit.. So there's that.

He'd be a decent backup/ closer   not a starter

Obviously Ray Allen can contribute, but is that really what OKC would need?

I don't think they need another shooter at all. Chuck has me buying in to them getting a low post scorer but I can't think of anyone good enough right now who could fill that role for them.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Obviously Ray Allen can contribute, but is that really what OKC would need?

I'm more concerned about a backup point guard personally, but also we do tend to go through long scoring droughts at times and Ray could alleviate that somewhat. He's such a respected shooter him just being on the court would improve spacing as well, then there's the "championship veteran" angle. I wonder what it takes to get Hinrich or Pargo from Atlanta.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm has some good stuff on it right now, too long to c'n'p it all

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Zyzz wrote:

Thunder with Ray Allen
sick.gif
sick.gif

yup.. then we can close out games with this lineup: russ, ray, harden, KD and ibaka

ray can cut his mins down to 27/28 (he's averaging 33 now).. which will save his legs come postseason time

So who would you give up for Ray?

clippers looking at paul pierce or ray allen. dont know how they can swing that...

Source? And yea, what could they give up?

Back
Top Bottom