Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

The issue with the sixers and hawks is that they had it'll overpay to keep those guys or else no one would come to those markets

Originally Posted by Essential1

The Lakers were not trading Gasol and Bynum for Howard..

They would have had Gasol, and with the Nets pretty much out of the running for Howard. DWill is 100% likely to be gone, and they'd need to move him. Would be up to the Lakers to try and initiate a 3 team deal for DWill.

Unlikely scenario, but not an impossible one that the Lakers FO was hoping to capitalize on

Word is tho the Nets are increasing the likelihood of trading DWill
I was thinking since they're shopping Gasol now that they're committed to trading him for younger pieces, particularly a PG. I know they're stance has always been to not trade Gasol/Bynum together for Dwight.

According to Poopsworld:

The Lakers are not in the hunt for Orlando’s Dwight Howard according to sources on both sides, do don’t get your hopes up of Howard being a Laker in the next two weeks.

Link

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Word is tho the Nets are increasing the likelihood of trading DWill
Source?
Same sources as the Lakers no longer in the running for Dwight.  Not saying a trade is likely.  But it is much more than it was a couple of weeks ago.

I really hope they keep Dwight and find a way to trade for Nash without giving up Anderson. I would love to see it.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I really hope they keep Dwight and find a way to trade for Nash without giving up Anderson. I would love to see it.
Would be cool to watch

Last I saw the Suns have no interest in any of their players for Nash..  Even Anderson unless Anderson was a complimentary piece, but the Magic have nothing that could be the driver of the deal in front of Anderson.

That's impossible though unless they give up multiple 1st round draft picks which would not make much sense considering they are headed toward some pretty high draft picks after this season.
I think Nash to the Lake Show would be cool but that team has no good young chips either.

any news? any takers on andris biedrins? orlando still trying to get monta ellis?

Originally Posted by DMan14

any news? any takers on andris biedrins? orlando still trying to get monta ellis?

Haven't seen it for Biedrins.

Orlando wants Ellis to pair with Dwight
GS won't trade Ellis to the Magic for anyone less than Dwight.

Would be cool to watch

Last I saw the Suns have no interest in any of their players for Nash..  Even Anderson unless Anderson was a complimentary piece, but the Magic have nothing that could be the driver of the deal in front of Anderson.

cant see nash being traded at all, despite still being an effecient player, dude is pushing 40. no team trying to rebuild will want to give up young players/draft picks to build a team around him at his age. plus what verteran team/championship team will give up key pieces for an aging pg? plus what championship/veteran team needs a pg so badly that they give up picks/young players besides the lakers in which they dont have any players that draw interest other then bynum?

Originally Posted by EZE JAY

If I'm magics gm...I'm going hard to get the clippers to pull the trigger and make a trade...they offer so much depth and I think it'll be a good fit on both ends...magic end up with probably mo Williams deandre Jordan Randy foye...if I'm magic I do this

We not sending DeAndre to Orlando
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by EZE JAY

If I'm magics gm...I'm going hard to get the clippers to pull the trigger and make a trade...they offer so much depth and I think it'll be a good fit on both ends...magic end up with probably mo Williams deandre Jordan Randy foye...if I'm magic I do this

We not sending DeAndre to Orlando
laugh.gif
plus it would be counter productive for the clippers. one any trade magic make is going to be for a franchise player.... deandre is not that player.. im still trippen that last week was his first basket that wasnt a alley oop or a putback, im sorry you dont trade the most dominant player in bball for a guy who has made 1 shot in 4 years of playing bball. not only that but it would be a logjam on the inside. you cant have 2 bigmen that play close to the basket together at the same time. no room for them bought

Originally Posted by LDJ

Would be cool to watch

cant see nash being traded at all, despite still being an effecient player, dude is pushing 40. no team trying to rebuild will want to give up young players/draft picks to build a team around him at his age. plus what verteran team/championship team will give up key pieces for an aging pg? plus what championship/veteran team needs a pg so badly that they give up picks/young players besides the lakers in which they dont have any players that draw interest other then bynum?
Right now, this season, Nash's age is irrelevant. He would help a veteran/championship contending team, especially a team weak at the pg spot. Of course a young team trying to build trading for him makes no sense.

As for what team would do it well Otis is dumb enough since after this season his team probably will be rebuilding. MIA would benefit from that trade though, give up all their picks, send Chalmers, Pittman, Curry, etc. for Nash.

Steve may want to stay and the team may want o keep him but I hope he ends up in a better situation sooner than later.

Why would Phoenix want anyone from Orlando not named Dwight or Anderson?

I know you know the answer to that, but don't want people on here thinking that there's a remote chance it happens.

There isn't a single player on Orlando's roster I'd be interested in outside of Redick, Dwight, and Ryan.

Having Nash, Redick, and Ryan on the perimeter,
eek.gif

It would definitely be fun. If Steve asked for it, I think they would let it happen.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by LDJ

Would be cool to watch

Right now, this season, Nash's age is irrelevant. He would help a veteran/championship contending team, especially a team weak at the pg spot. Of course a young team trying to build trading for him makes no sense.

As for what team would do it well Otis is dumb enough since after this season his team probably will be rebuilding. MIA would benefit from that trade though, give up all their picks, send Chalmers, Pittman, Curry, etc. for Nash.

Steve may want to stay and the team may want o keep him but I hope he ends up in a better situation sooner than later.

but what championship team needs a pg and are willing to give up picks/young players... is mario or cole better then nash? no... but long term yes. the heat are the best team in the league with what they have right now with a core of relatively young players and dont see how it would be beneficial for them to get a player like nash. infact it actally would hurt them. there identity is pressing defense and scoring from turnovers... this is not nash strong suit. plus lebron is the facilitator, so really what would nash be contributing to the team?

lakers dont have anything of value for the suns in which would make the trade work. um knicks would have to give up lin and i dont see that happening. philly has a young core that is gelling and having a nash wouldnt put them over the top, pacers nope. hawks nope plus they would have to give up a big man and they are already short in that department. and if magic are indeed trying to rebuild, you wouldnt pick up an aging pg. i do however think they would do it in hopes to keep dwight, but it would blow up in their face and nash would pretty much be in the same place he is in now. 

I mean i could see them throwing in something involving maybe anderson and/nelson and possibly some other player for nash, but nash/dwight gets them possible 4th seed at best. which i dont think would be enough to make dwight stay.

If anybody the suns could move would be hill, he would be an excellent addition 6th man on any championship caliber team. i mean imagine him on the heat, or the bulls? or on okc or even memphis... he is a good team player can contribute tremendously in limited minutes and is a overall good locker room leader.

Nash still has some years in him, lets say for sake of the argument 2 or 3 and there is no indication that his high level of play will drop barring serious injury. If they trade for him now and they win it all Nash has more incentive to keep playing. During that time MIA management can trade for a nice back up or draft another guy that could take over in two years. LeBron does not need to be the facilitator on every play Nash can take that role and make even easier shots for Bron and Bosh. As for defense in this swarming MIA D they can hide Nas in team defense.

If I was MIA, I'd trade for Nash and sign Aaron Brooks.

I did not mention the Lakers and I definitely don't think the Knicks should trade for him. I only mentioned the Florida teams and honestly not looking at next season when they have no Dwight right now, this season Nash is an upgrade over Nelson and Duhon.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Nash still has some years in him, lets say for sake of the argument 2 or 3 and there is no indication that his high level of play will drop barring serious injury. If they trade for him now and they win it all Nash has more incentive to keep playing. During that time MIA management can trade for a nice back up or draft another guy that could take over in two years. LeBron does not need to be the facilitator on every play Nash can take that role and make even easier shots for Bron and Bosh. As for defense in this swarming MIA D they can hide Nas in team defense.

If I was MIA, I'd trade for Nash and sign Aaron Brooks.

I did not mention the Lakers and I definitely don't think the Knicks should trade for him. I only mentioned the Florida teams and honestly not looking at next season when they have no Dwight right now, this season Nash is an upgrade over Nelson and Duhon.

they could mask nash d, but the defense cole/mario brings outweight the offense he brings because lebron is basically doing what he would be doing. plus who would play backup pg? they need to sign a backup decent big man cause curry aint cutting it. or a sf/sg veteran off the bench... someone mentioned lamar, and if he could get his head in the game he would be a good look for them. too tell you the truth nash would be best suited for nyk, but the hype around lin wouldnt allow them to trade him, and he is the only player i think suns would want. knicks with nash moves up 3 spots or so in the ranking easily. he knows the system, is familiar with amare, and with a player like melo it could be some serious trouble. another team is the blazers, he could go there and make an immediate impact and put them back in the playoff conversation. 

What does Portland need? A pg like Rondo, Nash, or Dwill? What do we have that other teams might want? Young talent like Batum? Draft picks? As a Blazer fan I have never been excited about the trade deadline. We won't bring in any good players, we'll give up draft picks, and we'll still suck. Ba humbug

Originally Posted by calibeebee

What does Portland need? A pg like Rondo, Nash, or Dwill? What do we have that other teams might want? Young talent like Batum? Draft picks? As a Blazer fan I have never been excited about the trade deadline. We won't bring in any good players, we'll give up draft picks, and we'll still suck. Ba humbug

nash would have a big impact on the blazers... and i think he would be well suited on that team. they can run but really dont have a pg that pushes the pace. doubt they would be a championship team, but his impact would be tremendous and they do have some interesting pieces. like i said the knicks do to also and having lin learn from nash would be great for his career. but they would have to give him up to get nash. probably fields and or novak.

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]WojYahooNBA
Josh Smith has wanted trade for past year, and league sources say ATL GM Rick Sund has always been partial to Ray Allen, not Kevin Garnett.
12-03-02 5:04 PM[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td][td]WojYahooNBA
Atlanta had talks with Minnesota during draft on Josh Smith for No. 2 pick, but Hawks haven't been aggressive in trying to trade Smith.
12-03-02 5:05 PM[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td][td]WojYahooNBA
Atlanta did express an interest to Boston about Ray Allen or Kevin Garnett, but purely exploratory conversations, sources said.
12-03-02 6:12 PM[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td][td]WojYahooNBA
Atlanta doesn't want to move Josh Smith for an expiring deal, and Boston isn't trading those players for the likes of Marvin Williams.
12-03-02 6:13 PM[/td][/tr][/table]
Intredasting.

So what they saying, KG for Josh Smith? Ray Allen for Josh Smith?

Neither move really makes any team substantially better for the Playoffs.

Where does Ray fit in with JJ?

KG would be nice in ATL, but what about after this year? He ain't staying there.

Josh Smith gives them some youth, some fresh legs, but you get rid of either KG or Ray Allen, you're losing a lot come Playoff time.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Blazers have some of the best trade pieces in the whole league. They could probably get Nash in there for Felton, Batum and a 1st rounder.

Back
Top Bottom