Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Verdykt

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Toney Douglas and Bill Walker baby

If the contracts could work out I would do it in an instant

you think you mean that.
roll.gif

I forgot all about him. He still on the Wolves? Still looking like life is sad?

I'm convinced we're just gonna roll with Iguodala and Lou Williams as our top scorers til the end of eternity. God I hate Elton Brand so much.

I think Toney Douglas could be somewhat decent on another team honestly. He just needs a fresh start and you can't expect him to be your starting point guard and top distributor. That was destined to epically fail to begin with.

But Bill Walker #!%$#!% sucks.

Pretty positive if we traded Iguodala for something like Jamison, Sessions and a 1st rounder we would have room for two max contracts after amnestying Brand this summer. If true count me in for that.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Pretty positive if we traded Iguodala for something like Jamison, Sessions and a 1st rounder we would have room for two max contracts after amnestying Brand this summer. If true count me in for that.

so your gonna give up AI2 for a bunch of maybes? ....
laugh.gif

And after you land no big free agents you will be just like the Nets but worse.

Sixers shouldnt trade anyone. Maybe try to get a big that can score, but thats it's. Doug Collins has that team playing hard and believing in his system. You need hard workers for his system to work and he's got the Sixers doing just that. I wouldn't mess up a good thing.

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

And after you land no big free agents you will be just like the Nets but worse.

I'd rather play with Jrue, Lou, Thad, Turner, Vucevic and Hawes than Marshon Brooks and Brook Lopez. I've seen Iguodala enough damn times to know he might be the most overrated player in the league, and we need to capitalize on that at some point if we aren't going to actually try to sign decent free agents or make any other trades besides trading our bench players for 2nd rounders. Even though the record is better, its still the same story as the past few years, there's nobody to score the ball when we need a basket. I definitely agree that what were missing is that dominant big man but I don't know where we're gonna be able to get that unless Will Smith convinces Dwight to come to Philly.

I'd rather play with Jrue, Lou, Thad, Turner, Vucevic and Hawes than Marshon Brooks and Brook Lopez. I've seen Iguodala enough damn times to know he might be the most overrated player in the league, and we need to capitalize on that at some point if we aren't going to actually try to sign decent free agents or make any other trades besides trading our bench players for 2nd rounders. Even though the record is better, its still the same story as the past few years, there's nobody to score the ball when we need a basket. I definitely agree that what were missing is that dominant big man but I don't know where we're gonna be able to get that unless Will Smith convinces Dwight to come to Philly.

i dont know where you think everyone rates iggy, but he surely isn't overrated.. the problem is, that he is severely overpaid.. he is being paid superstar money, but we all know he isn't that

and i know him and turner aren't exactly the same player, but they are pretty redundant.. and as currently constructed, the sixers have wayyyy to many dudes who need the ball in their hands to be successful

so i agree, sixers need to move iggy (if just to get rid of that contract).. but for who.. because they need someone who can shoot (since jrue and turner will be the main ball handlers).. since i assume (haven't watched too many sixers games) that turner can handle the SG spot or the SF spot.. that person can either be a SG or SF

then you keep lou as your 3rd guard off the bench and you still have thad

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

i dont know where you think everyone rates iggy, but he surely isn't overrated.. the problem is, that he is severely overpaid.. he is being paid superstar money, but we all know he isn't that

and i know him and turner aren't exactly the same player, but they are pretty redundant.. and as currently constructed, the sixers have wayyyy to many dudes who need the ball in their hands to be successful

so i agree, sixers need to move iggy (if just to get rid of that contract).. but for who.. because they need someone who can shoot (since jrue and turner will be the main ball handlers).. since i assume (haven't watched too many sixers games) that turner can handle the SG spot or the SF spot.. that person can either be a SG or SF

then you keep lou as your 3rd guard off the bench and you still have thad

exactly they imo are kinda like in the position the hawks are in with joe johnson. a perrenial allstar that makes entirely to much, and his salary hurts the team from reaching that next level. you cant move him because there really isnt a team you move him to and they become better, nor get anything of value back that makes your team any better.

Word is Lakers are out of the Hunt for Dwight..

Otis Smith is probably going to hold him and end up with the Magic going to go the Shaq route again.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Word is Lakers are out of the Hunt for Dwight..

Otis Smith is probably going to hold him and end up with the Magic going to go the Shaq route again.

I still say playing for the lakers long term isnt a good look for him. Because la would have to give up to much and would be out of getting good picks for years. I mean there best players have a solid 3 or 4 good to decent playing years left. They have no point guard. The really dont have a decent back up big man. And im sure matt barnes and possibly kapono are gone...

So you basically have 1 great young player in Howard and a bunch of early/mid 30 players that are on the decline with no drafts and no pieces to get good players and no cap room to sign good players.

Hed be worst off in la thn pretty much any place that has been mentioned as far as trades are concerned

I can't see why Dwight would want to come to us anymore. Kobe will be done sooner than later, Gasol probably won't be around and the team is still with its biggest problem unsolved, point guard. I think he'll end up in Dallas with Deron in free agency.

The Lakers were not trading Gasol and Bynum for Howard..

They would have had Gasol, and with the Nets pretty much out of the running for Howard. DWill is 100% likely to be gone, and they'd need to move him. Would be up to the Lakers to try and initiate a 3 team deal for DWill.

Unlikely scenario, but not an impossible one that the Lakers FO was hoping to capitalize on

Word is tho the Nets are increasing the likelihood of trading DWill

Back
Top Bottom