Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

The Magic and Warriors are in trade talks involving Monta Ellis, sources confirmed to RealGM.

No trade is imminent, but talks are ongoing say sources.

The willingness for the Warriors to deal Ellis has increased over the past few weeks. While Ellis does not have as much trade value as teammate Stephen Curry, he does represent the franchise’s best opportunity to change the status quo.

Orlando has been active in their pursuit of a scoring guard to pair with Dwight Howard in an effort to retain him.

http://basketball.realgm...._Talks_Centered_On_Ellis

Otis is gonna take on another horrible contract just to see Dwight walk away
laugh.gif

Who is he going to trade away.. Let's be honest about it...

Redick and Ryan Anderson for Monta... That sure doesn't scream let me stay in Orlando.

Magic have zero trading chips and no time to spare..

Now it's times for teams to get busy making trades.

I'm surprised not one player was traded from the start of the season until March 1st.

I wonder what the first trade will be.

I don't understand how ORL could get Monta or why GSW would give up Monta for anybody not named Dwight. Monta's value is higher than any package ORL could put together unless they add in a 3rd team.

It's crazy how that list of players on the trade block are mostly all tied to Dwight.

At this point don't know why BOS would trade Rondo, they not getting anything better in their position, especially looking in to the future since their window is closed now. If they do they'd be on some LAL shh
laugh.gif
I'm just not understanding a lot of moves and moves not made (or at least the rumors) by certain teams.

Props to Dwight if he does just wait until the seasons over and walks so the Nets could keep Marshon Brooks (and maybe Lopez?
nerd.gif
Not sure if they could) cuz that team would at least be better and then be able to keep those assets to make a trade for a very good sg or sf.

Orlando is just a poorly run franchise... Just trade him and Hedo and wash your hands of it...

Monta will not be in Orlando... Nor will Steve Nash... In order to get them they have to trade people, and picks..

And say you get one of them they will ask for Redick + Anderson and picks... Pretty much solidifying the team as 2 stars and a bunch of bums, which goes no where as well..

They should trade Dwight to a team willing to rent. Sorta like what Utah did. This aint a Melo situation where there's a threat of another team trading for him since contract money isn't an issue and Dwight doesn't like he'd commit to extending with anyone right now.

roll.gif
@ that Stern vid. Son can't explain himself for shh. Playing coy with who the representative of the team is.

orlando is one of the dumbest franchises of all time. hes gone no matter what next year so stop with the trade efforts to please him. dwight is dumb as rocks anyways thinking monta ellis and stephen jackson are what orlando needs to be a contender...

just get it over with and demand brook lopez, marshon brooks, and draft picks from the nets.

lol@ the nba nowadays. got superstars demanding trades and telling franchises who and who they wont play for...

orlando gonna be stuck with monta ellis and a bunch of trash
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

orlando is one of the dumbest franchises of all time. hes gone no matter what next year so stop with the trade efforts to please him. dwight is dumb as rocks anyways thinking monta ellis and stephen jackson are what orlando needs to be a contender...

just get it over with and demand brook lopez, marshon brooks, and draft picks from the nets.

lol@ the nba nowadays. got superstars demanding trades and telling franchises who and who they wont play for...

orlando gonna be stuck with monta ellis and a bunch of trash
laugh.gif

Orlando can demand much more than that from the Nets..   Use the Lakers
tired.gif
as the way to drive up the bid. "Say we will trade him to LA"  and that they have to take Hedo as well (which the Lakers would be doing)  and if they want to do a deal now rather than lose him and DWill and start back at square 1 then we want more and still then Gut the Nets.

if i was the nets i would not trade marshon.....my boy gonna have a solid career

Otis Smith messed my squad up mane
frown.gif
......soon as we lost the finals he @#!$#* everything up, set the magic up for failure in the future smh....

At this point I'd take the nets deal, bottom out and start rebuilding

Why the hell would the Celtics be trying to trade Rondo?

Send him to Portland, Danny
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

nerd.gif

I read somewhere that him and doc clash alot, but the celtics are dumb for that, rondo to the blazers doesn't seem like a bad move, but for who ?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MMG

nerd.gif

I read somewhere that him and doc clash alot, but the celtics are dumb for that, rondo to the blazers doesn't seem like a bad move, but for who ?
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Rondo for Lamarcus straight up
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

But cereally, I hope the C's just keep who they have now and try to make a little run in the playoffs and deal with all the trade talk +#!$#%%% in the offseason.

Shipping off Rondo right now would do the team NO good. The season would be over.

That celtics squad is done, they had a run and got a chip out of it, if they were in the west they would be a lot worse off, at this point just fire sale the team and start over.

It was a night on which Carlisle and the Mavs could have used the 6-foot-10 Odom, whose excused absence from the team has stretched a full week. Within the locker room, threre's growing skepticism that Odom won't join the team in New Orleans for Friday's game against the Hornets.

Carlisle said he hopes to have an update on Odom's situation Thursday.

A source close to the situation said there is a growing feeling in the locker room that Odom might not return at all.

Link
@DwainPrice The word on the streets is that the Mavs may trade Lamar Odom to Phoenix for Steve Nash. That will get Odom closer to his home in LA.

Originally Posted by NooEra

Originally Posted by MMG

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Rondo for Lamarcus straight up
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

But cereally, I hope the C's just keep who they have now and try to make a little run in the playoffs and deal with all the trade talk +#!$#%%% in the offseason.

Shipping off Rondo right now would do the team NO good. The season would be over.
Hell outta here
laugh.gif

Rondo for Felton, Wes Matthews, Greg Oden's soul, and the next 2 years draft picks? Everyone wins, right?
happy.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

It was a night on which Carlisle and the Mavs could have used the 6-foot-10 Odom, whose excused absence from the team has stretched a full week. Within the locker room, threre's growing skepticism that Odom won't join the team in New Orleans for Friday's game against the Hornets.

Carlisle said he hopes to have an update on Odom's situation Thursday.

A source close to the situation said there is a growing feeling in the locker room that Odom might not return at all.
Link
@DwainPrice The word on the streets is that the Mavs may trade Lamar Odom to Phoenix for Steve Nash. That will get Odom closer to his home in LA.

If thats all it will take to make Phoenix trade away Nash then the Knicks better get up on that +++!. They can have Baron and Fields

eyes.gif

Why do Knicks fans assume every player wants to play in NY and they have the rights to everyone avaliable?

You were JUST in the Novak thread saying how the Knicks are legit now that they have Lin, but now you want Nash too ?
roll.gif

And Baron Davis and Landry Fields = Lamar Odom ?
eek.gif

Wow.

Originally Posted by NooEra

eyes.gif

Why do Knicks fans assume every player wants to play in NY and they have the rights to everyone avaliable?

You were JUST in the Novak thread saying how the Knicks are legit now that they have Lin, but now you want Nash too ?
roll.gif
Yes they are legit because they have a PG now. But are you really going to tell me you think Lin is better than Nash? And why wouldnt Nash want to play under D'Antoni again? The hate is strong in you this morning. 
You'll get a first hand look on Sunday when the Knicks play ur Celtics.

Guess we'll see on Sunday. But im thinking Knicks by 8
But we can save that for team and game threads. Not trying to derail this one. 

But seriously if all they looking for is Odom, the Knicks can match that. Obviously this all relys on that report being truth and not just someone spouting off on their twitter. 

As for the comment about Baron and Landry doesnt = Odom. I dont know if your entirely serious or not. Odom isnt playing anywhere close to his 6th man level with the Lakers. Landry is a good young player and Baron is a decent PG replacement since the other options they have right now are Ronnie Price and Telfair. And Baron is on an expiring contract. Not much risk in a player you can let go if things dont work out.

Or... maybe...

NashRumors2.jpg

Typical idiots on the Blazers NBA.com message board are saying no to Batum being traded for Nash
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom