Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

lol filipinos went 0-3 tonight. :smh:

True :smh:. Come on, Nonito! Give us some redemption!

Bad news. Arce works with Angel Heredia too. Nonito was associated with Victor Onte in the past, but Conte works with VADA now and I believe Nonito is doing year round testing.

Angel Heredia is a sketchy scumbag. Victor Conte isn't to be trusted, either, but Heredia is definitely shadier. He says he won't reveal his "secrets" nor will he reveal all the boxers he is working with.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing...s-about-ped-use-manny-pacquiao-200532499.html

What's up with people attacking Mannys faith? Only a fool wouldn't want to see a man right his wrongs and set out to walk the toughest road - The straight and narrow. 

Does that type of mindset stop Andre Ward from waxing opponents on the regular? NO. So kill all that talk. 

People are also saying his mind/heart is not in it ---- If i'm not mistaken he clearly won his last fight and was dominating most of this one. Dude was interviewing Larry Merchant before the fight. Doesn't seem like a man who was/is mentally distracted to me. 

All that outside stuff is meaningless once that bell rings. I can guarantee he wasn't thinking about his congress duties when he bloodied JMM's nose tonight in the 5th round. People have built Manny into this legend to where they think he can't make mistakes in the ring w/o there being an outside distraction. He's made many mistakes. He got outboxed in the third rematch. Tonight, he simply made the same mistake he made in round 3. Just at the end of a round where he was winning, he got hit with the same punch that knocked him down - but instead, this one knocked him out. NO excuses. He has to learn from his mistakes. Freddie Roach is to blame there as well. I think Manny will fight (and win) again AND will most likely keep his D tight even when on the attack at the end of a round he's winning. 

I was at the weigh in, in person the other day and the first thing i said was "I never seen JMM this ripped" 

Also during the fight, before the K.O. -  I noticed even when Marquez's over-hand-right was blocked it was audibly loud and moved Manny back. It was like it had super powers. Is that the new training regiment, or....

Bad news. Arce works with Angel Heredia too. Nonito was associated with Victor Onte in the past, but Conte works with VADA now and I believe Nonito is doing year round testing.

Angel Heredia is a sketchy scumbag. Victor Conte isn't to be trusted, either, but Heredia is definitely shadier. He says he won't reveal his "secrets" nor will he reveal all the boxers he is working with.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing...s-about-ped-use-manny-pacquiao-200532499.html

Well I trust Conte to a certain degree because he's on the good side now. Plus he helped VADA which is who busted Berto and Peterson.

I remember years ago Angel was openly bragging about how easy it is to pass any test. More recently he's worked with Usain Bolt and some other Jamaican Track athletes, I'm surprised their recent spike in success has not raised red flags.

Last edited:
- Jay I owe you every apology in life because I doubted you all the way until JMM hit him with the 2 right hands from hell.
- Hey JA, thanks for mentioning the thread starter :lol:
- Then again, I can't last against a fruit fly. I'd say FF 4th round KO. But then again, Dodger fans are just mad at life right now :lol: JK man, you're still a good dude.
- What's the over/under for the positive? I was telling my friends, JMM hit him with some VICIOUS right hand in 3 fights and ONCE he nearly knocked him down.

I'm still happy as **** he won though.
:lol:
Its crazy I said it was going to be a Brutal Knock out man... cld just see it coming. JMM has been allowed to work with Memo for 2 years now.

*I said he was going to knock Pac's head off and end his career.

You can not give someone with that much skill a competitive advantage even if it was just to "even the playing field."

Last edited:

Well I trust Conte to a certain degree because he's on the good side now. Plus he helped VADA which is who busted Berto and Peterson.

I remember years ago Angel was openly bragging about how easy it is to pass any test. More recently he's worked with Usain Bolt and some other Jamaican Track athletes, I'm surprised their recent spike in success has not raised red flags.

Interesting. Maybe if Conte shaved that creepy mustache off, he would seem more trustworthy :lol:. It's hard to shake the reputation, though. But yes, I don't think Conte is doing anything fishy at the moment.

Tight Defense and Manny should never be in the same sentence or paragraph.

Manny's defense is his footwork and offense. other than that, he has not and will not ever have a tight defense

Conte is good for Boxing.

He has exposed the Nevada Commission for the fraud that it is.

its sad that the Senate or House wont step in and create some uniform National commission.

someone is going to get killed,

Im just afraids it may take a few deaths before something happens

Tight Defense and Manny should never be in the same sentence or paragraph.

Manny's defense is his footwork and offense. other than that, he has not and will not ever have a tight defense

This. Except normally Pacquiao's chin can take Marquez's punches. So he was able to get by.

Conte is good for Boxing.

He has exposed the Nevada Commission for the fraud that it is.

its sad that the Senate or House wont step in and create some uniform National commission.

someone is going to get killed,

Im just afraids it may take a few deaths before something happens

When you say deaths...do you mean death in the ring, or someone getting plotted on for snitching?

Guys, I lost a bet on this fight. Now I have to fulfill my promise and visit a girl who lives 6 hours away from me :lol:.

I don't get all this hate on Pacquiao. I wouldn't find joy in seeing any fighter go out cold like that, not even Adrien Broner, who I don't like very much. It's not his fault the judges gave him the decision last time. No matter how you judged it, it was still close. So it wasn't a robbery.

Last edited:
I like Pacquiao but I dnt think there's a chance we will ever see a Mayweather fight now. Manny has lost his last two fights (1 being controversial) but this last one was a MAJOR blow to him... No pun intended

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom