Official 2011 NFL Draft Thead Vol. Lions winning.... Niners losing...

from cal, cam jordan should kill it in individual workouts, he's a beast athlete. he can play de in a 43 or 34, he should be gone in the 1st

i thought shane vereen would be back to boost that stock, but i guess he's feelin that 3rd round money. after devine, he's probably the fastest in the class (i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong)

is blaine gabbert really shooting up draft boards? he looked so average this year, i didn't see the bowl game though. i would still rather have mallett

Originally Posted by dland24

Where do you think Julio Jones goes? Not team, but draft position?

Julio has to be the 2nd receiver off the board even tho blackmon's productivity was
eek.gif
this yr...i say mid/late 1st rd but a good or bad combine can change that...all i kno is my 49ers better not %!#% this one up...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Where do you think Julio Jones goes? Not team, but draft position?

Julio has to be the 2nd receiver off the board even tho blackmon's productivity was
eek.gif
this yr...i say mid/late 1st rd but a good or bad combine can change that...all i kno is my 49ers better not %!#% this one up...
30t6p3b.gif

Pat & Prince, can yu go wrong with either?

I'ma HUGE Peterson fan, but Prince is a stud.

For those who'd take Prince over Pat, why?

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Where do you guys see Ryan Williams going? If he had left after last year (he wasn't eligible) I think he would have went late 1st round. But he's been injury prone all throughout HS and had issues this year; his only fully healthy year was last year. His hamstring is acting up and he might not get that much PT in the Orange Bowl.

I think he's definitely gonna be a good player if he stays healthy, but I don't see him getting drafted until the 2nd/3rd round if he comes out this year. Thoughts?

Where do you guys see Ryan Williams going? If he had left after last year (he wasn't eligible) I think he would have went late 1st round. But he's been injury prone all throughout HS and had issues this year; his only fully healthy year was last year. His hamstring is acting up and he might not get that much PT in the Orange Bowl.

I think he's definitely gonna be a good player if he stays healthy, but I don't see him getting drafted until the 2nd/3rd round if he comes out this year. Thoughts?

Originally Posted by MBen32

nerd.gif
I see Peterson being the a Cromartie-type corner, taking chances to make a big play but also having that bite him in the @%% at times and Prince more of a shut down corner like Nnamdi.

Originally Posted by MBen32

nerd.gif
I see Peterson being the a Cromartie-type corner, taking chances to make a big play but also having that bite him in the @%% at times and Prince more of a shut down corner like Nnamdi.

really? when have u seen Peterson gettin burnt?

dude is fundamental. closest thing to Champ Ive seen

really? when have u seen Peterson gettin burnt?

dude is fundamental. closest thing to Champ Ive seen

Originally Posted by airblaster503

That pick basically killed our chances of drafting a player we need.  Biggest needs are DB and LB, and there isn't a LB I would take with that pick and the top corners are going to be gone.  Maybe the Lions could convince a player like Champ Bailey to play in Detroit or trade a player like Burleson for a good corner and then draft Green, Julio, or Blackmon.  I can see that happening or them trading the pick.  OL isn't the biggest need at the moment, they need a center and eventually a LT to replace Backus, but there isn't a single OL I would take with that pick in this years draft.  First priority needs to be corner though in the draft or free agency or trade, then LB possibly in the 2nd round.

I see it in reverse, Backus is trash and Dom is serviceable. I would much rather they take an OT in the first then go after a center later...  Tyron Smith is a physical freak and could blow up at the combine.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Vermiglio (NC State via the metro area) end up at home with a late round pick either.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

That pick basically killed our chances of drafting a player we need.  Biggest needs are DB and LB, and there isn't a LB I would take with that pick and the top corners are going to be gone.  Maybe the Lions could convince a player like Champ Bailey to play in Detroit or trade a player like Burleson for a good corner and then draft Green, Julio, or Blackmon.  I can see that happening or them trading the pick.  OL isn't the biggest need at the moment, they need a center and eventually a LT to replace Backus, but there isn't a single OL I would take with that pick in this years draft.  First priority needs to be corner though in the draft or free agency or trade, then LB possibly in the 2nd round.

I see it in reverse, Backus is trash and Dom is serviceable. I would much rather they take an OT in the first then go after a center later...  Tyron Smith is a physical freak and could blow up at the combine.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Vermiglio (NC State via the metro area) end up at home with a late round pick either.

Back
Top Bottom