Official 2011 NFL Draft Thead Vol. Lions winning.... Niners losing...

I wonder if Mikel Leshoure declares? Also...I wonder if a dude like Darren Evans sticks around VT? I would think that if Leshoure declares, he MIGHT be the 1st RB taken in round 1. The boy is an absolute beast.

I wonder if Mikel Leshoure declares? Also...I wonder if a dude like Darren Evans sticks around VT? I would think that if Leshoure declares, he MIGHT be the 1st RB taken in round 1. The boy is an absolute beast.

sumbody school me on blackmon. i seen him play a couple times & he be beastin, but he looks slow as dirt to me...maybe im trippin

sumbody school me on blackmon. i seen him play a couple times & he be beastin, but he looks slow as dirt to me...maybe im trippin

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I wonder if Mikel Leshoure declares?
Is that buddy from Illinois? If so, then I believe he is going to come out this year

Yeah...he's got no incentive to stick around.  Dude is an animal...I really think he has a chance at being the 1st RB off the board.  What is he?  6'1" 240?  Let homie run something in the 4.4's and it's a wrap. 

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I wonder if Mikel Leshoure declares?
Is that buddy from Illinois? If so, then I believe he is going to come out this year

Yeah...he's got no incentive to stick around.  Dude is an animal...I really think he has a chance at being the 1st RB off the board.  What is he?  6'1" 240?  Let homie run something in the 4.4's and it's a wrap. 

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

just for the fun matt Millen factor, I would love to see the Lions get AJ Green or Justin Blackmon
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I was just thinking about that watching the Mike Williams transformation last night.  Who in the world are the Lions going to pick at #14? It's like the first time in 10+ years that they haven't had a top 10 pick.  I would think that the needs are OL and DB and the OL class looks extremely weak. I would think they go DB or trade down... but its the Lions.
That pick basically killed our chances of drafting a player we need.  Biggest needs are DB and LB, and there isn't a LB I would take with that pick and the top corners are going to be gone.  Maybe the Lions could convince a player like Champ Bailey to play in Detroit or trade a player like Burleson for a good corner and then draft Green, Julio, or Blackmon.  I can see that happening or them trading the pick.  OL isn't the biggest need at the moment, they need a center and eventually a LT to replace Backus, but there isn't a single OL I would take with that pick in this years draft.  First priority needs to be corner though in the draft or free agency or trade, then LB possibly in the 2nd round.

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

just for the fun matt Millen factor, I would love to see the Lions get AJ Green or Justin Blackmon
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I was just thinking about that watching the Mike Williams transformation last night.  Who in the world are the Lions going to pick at #14? It's like the first time in 10+ years that they haven't had a top 10 pick.  I would think that the needs are OL and DB and the OL class looks extremely weak. I would think they go DB or trade down... but its the Lions.
That pick basically killed our chances of drafting a player we need.  Biggest needs are DB and LB, and there isn't a LB I would take with that pick and the top corners are going to be gone.  Maybe the Lions could convince a player like Champ Bailey to play in Detroit or trade a player like Burleson for a good corner and then draft Green, Julio, or Blackmon.  I can see that happening or them trading the pick.  OL isn't the biggest need at the moment, they need a center and eventually a LT to replace Backus, but there isn't a single OL I would take with that pick in this years draft.  First priority needs to be corner though in the draft or free agency or trade, then LB possibly in the 2nd round.

5. Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa - 6'4" - 285
6. Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama - 6'3 - 306
7. Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn - 6'5 - 298
8. Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina - 6'5 - 268
9. Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson - 6'4 - 280

laugh.gif

this list is trash.

Clayborn's stock has plummetted. Clayborn, Dareus and Quinn going before Bowers?
laugh.gif

Fairley and Bowers will both go top 5.

5. Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa - 6'4" - 285
6. Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama - 6'3 - 306
7. Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn - 6'5 - 298
8. Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina - 6'5 - 268
9. Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson - 6'4 - 280

laugh.gif

this list is trash.

Clayborn's stock has plummetted. Clayborn, Dareus and Quinn going before Bowers?
laugh.gif

Fairley and Bowers will both go top 5.

any thoughts on justin houston from georgia, not particularly as a first rounder, but just in general?

any thoughts on justin houston from georgia, not particularly as a first rounder, but just in general?

Scouts INC rankings
SCOUTS INC.'S TOP 32
Player Pos. School Grade

1. Andrew Luck*
QB
Stanford
2. Da'Quan Bowers*
DE
Clemson
3. Nick Fairley
DT
Auburn
4. Patrick Peterson*
CB
LSU
5. A.J. Green*
WR
Georgia
6. Robert Quinn*
DE
N. Carolina
7. Prince Amukamara
CB
Nebraska
8. Marcell Dareus*
DT
Alabama
9. Adrian Clayborn
DE
Iowa
10. Stephen Paea
DT
Oregon State
11. Janoris Jenkins*
CB
Florida
12. Von Miller
OLB
Texas A&M
13. Ryan Kerrigan
DE
Purdue
14. Nate Solder
OT
Colorado
15. Akeem Ayers*
OLB
UCLA
16. Gabe Carimi
OT
Wisconsin
17. Julio Jones
WR
Alabama
18. Cameron Jordan
DE
California
19. Mike Pouncey
C
Florida
20. Blaine Gabbert*
QB
Missouri
21. Anthony Castonzo
OT
Boston Coll.
22. Cameron Heyward
DE
Ohio State
23. Jake Locker
QB
Washington
24. Mark Ingram*
RB
Alabama
25. Justin Blackmon*
WR
Okla. State
26. Tyron Smith*
OT
USC
27. Allen Bailey
DE
Miami
28. Drake Nevis
DT
LSU
29. Cam Newton*
QB
Auburn
30. Corey Liuget*
DT
Illinois
31. Ryan Mallett*
QB
Arkansas
32. Brandon Harris*
CB
Miami (FL)

Scouts INC rankings
SCOUTS INC.'S TOP 32
Player Pos. School Grade

1. Andrew Luck*
QB
Stanford
2. Da'Quan Bowers*
DE
Clemson
3. Nick Fairley
DT
Auburn
4. Patrick Peterson*
CB
LSU
5. A.J. Green*
WR
Georgia
6. Robert Quinn*
DE
N. Carolina
7. Prince Amukamara
CB
Nebraska
8. Marcell Dareus*
DT
Alabama
9. Adrian Clayborn
DE
Iowa
10. Stephen Paea
DT
Oregon State
11. Janoris Jenkins*
CB
Florida
12. Von Miller
OLB
Texas A&M
13. Ryan Kerrigan
DE
Purdue
14. Nate Solder
OT
Colorado
15. Akeem Ayers*
OLB
UCLA
16. Gabe Carimi
OT
Wisconsin
17. Julio Jones
WR
Alabama
18. Cameron Jordan
DE
California
19. Mike Pouncey
C
Florida
20. Blaine Gabbert*
QB
Missouri
21. Anthony Castonzo
OT
Boston Coll.
22. Cameron Heyward
DE
Ohio State
23. Jake Locker
QB
Washington
24. Mark Ingram*
RB
Alabama
25. Justin Blackmon*
WR
Okla. State
26. Tyron Smith*
OT
USC
27. Allen Bailey
DE
Miami
28. Drake Nevis
DT
LSU
29. Cam Newton*
QB
Auburn
30. Corey Liuget*
DT
Illinois
31. Ryan Mallett*
QB
Arkansas
32. Brandon Harris*
CB
Miami (FL)

from cal, cam jordan should kill it in individual workouts, he's a beast athlete. he can play de in a 43 or 34, he should be gone in the 1st

i thought shane vereen would be back to boost that stock, but i guess he's feelin that 3rd round money. after devine, he's probably the fastest in the class (i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong)

is blaine gabbert really shooting up draft boards? he looked so average this year, i didn't see the bowl game though. i would still rather have mallett

Back
Top Bottom