OFFICIAL 2011 NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD (FEB. 24): VOL. WOW!

Don't be surprised if Baron refuses to report ala Alonzo Mourning with the Raptors. Baron goes from playing with a young and exciting team in his home town to Cleveland, where he would be coached by someone who he already had a run in with. Over/under 1 week before he goes down with an "injury".

Brand_400_060804.jpg

i imagine that Blake won't be too happy with this either since him and baron appear to be very good friends.

Cleveland will also get a first rd pick from the upcoming draft for the Clippers. Cav fans hoping for Kyrie and one of the Jones boys.

I'm a B. Diddy fan too. Going to the Cavs would be the worse situation for him. At least the Clips lost with an exciting team.

I don't get this trade at all. Who benefits? The Clips owner?

This Baron Davis/Mo Williams trade doesn't make sense for either team.

I was wondering why he didn't play tonight. BD needs to pull a Tyson Chandler and fail the physical.

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

Cleveland will also get a first rd pick from the upcoming draft for the Clippers. Cav fans hoping for Kyrie and one of the Jones boys.
If it's unprotected, then it's way more even.

Cleveland would have two lotto picks

Sullinger and Irving?
laugh.gif

Cleveland is smart. They know they suck, so why not absorb Diddy's contract, and pick up another first rounder in the process.

I mean, Cle has one of the lowest payrolls in the league. No FA is gonna sign there anyway.

Get as many lottery picks as you can and hope you strike it rich

Originally Posted by you big dummy

I was wondering why he didn't play tonight. BD needs to pull a Tyson Chandler and fail the physical.
Sure it does. The Clippers save 11+ million. The Cavs get a lottery pick out of it. Yeah, they get Baron Davis' corpse, but it's not like cap space means anything. No free agent is going there anyways. They have to rebuild through the draft. They'll probably have two picks in the top 10.

It is a weak draft though.
laugh.gif

The pick is unprotected, so Cavs will have two lottery picks. I'd imagine they would waive the physical and look to buy Baron out. If not it could be a Stephon Marbury/NY type of situation...

Draft is "weak"

CLE better pray for #1 and #2 overall
laugh.gif

But still, that's better than Mo Williams. I'd rather have Baron's horrendous contract and 2 lotto picks than Mo Williams bad contract and 1 lotto pick

Now Clippers only have Mo Williams' bad contract, no lottery pick and probably an unhappy Blake Griffin
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Sure it does. The Clippers save 11+ million. The Cavs get a lottery pick out of it. Yeah, they get Baron Davis' corpse, but it's not like cap space means anything. No free agent is going there anyways. They have to rebuild through the draft. They'll probably have two picks in the top 10.

It is a weak draft though.
laugh.gif
Ah so thats the logic behind this deal, now I understand it a little more. What are both BD and Mo's contracts looking like? If I'm the Clipps I gotta try to clear cap space to lure one of DWill/CP3 to play with Griffin in 2012 so if Mo is expiring thats a step in the right direction. Will Blake still be under contract with the Clips though? BD and Griffin were not going to do anything special anyway so Baron's bound to get injured/very fat real soon on his new squad.

This trade could also just prove how God awful this upcoming draft class is gonna be
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom