OFFICIAL 2011 NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD (FEB. 24): VOL. WOW!

The Grizzlies had serious discussions Wednesday with the Houston Rockets regarding a proposed deal that would swap second-year center Hasheem Thabeet for forward Shane Battier.

A deal would hinge on Memphis’ willingness to also include a future first-round draft pick in its bid to reunite with Battier. The Griz failed in their initial attempt to acquire Battier earlier this year and may try to enlist a third team to avoid sending the Rockets a pick.

Battier, who was Memphis’ first draft pick in 2001, played five seasons for the Griz, averaging 10.5 points and 4.8 rebounds. He was traded to the Rockets in July 2006 in the deal that brought Rudy Gay to the Grizzlies.

Memphis’ 2011 first-round selection — albeit lottery protected — is already owed to the Utah Jazz as compensation in a trade for Ronnie Brewer last season.

Now, this is the deal I've been hearing about for a while now and is more realistic than blowing up the entire team.
If we get Battier, that would be more than I ever thought we could get for Thabeet. Battier and Tony defending 
sick.gif

What is Cleveland thinking? Baron and Byron did not work before and will not work again. If Baron gets dealt to Cleveland, I can see him getting "hurt" again and be sidelined for the rest of the season collecting his paychecks.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Now, this is the deal I've been hearing about for a while now and is more realistic than blowing up the entire team.
If we get Battier, that would be more than I ever thought we could get for Thabeet. Battier and Tony defending 
sick.gif
The Rockets traded Rudy Gay for Thabeet... I'm gonna off myself because I can't make fun of the Grizz anymore. No mo Battier > Gay ##$.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

sick.gif
I love Battier but another SF (even one as dependeable as Battier) is not needed.

Zaza Pachulia for Hasheem Thabeet!

/\
I don't care.
laugh.gif
 Getting a guy like Battier that brings more leadership, defense and 3-point shooting for a guy like Thabeet is great.

If anything let Haddadi play those back up center minutes. Sam, Battier, TA, OJ, Henry and Rudy. That is a lot of wings, but I'm sure another deal may be in place to trade 1 of them or maybe later during the off-season.

Originally Posted by BangDak

That's a pretty pointless trade. Cavs got to start rebuilding, and they take on that contract?! Not a good look.

I dont see why the Hawks would trade ZaZa either. Ill gladly take him on the Knicks.

You ever seen Zaza play? You'll be getting a 7 footer who misses layups. He is tough on D at time, which is something the Knicks need in the frontcourt. However, I don't think the Knicks have any pieces the Hawks would covet.

We need someone who could fill a spot at the 5. That's him. Even though we just lost Gallo and Chandler, we still have more then enough shooters.

and i'm almost positive Battier has more value then a project like Thabeet.

Heisley just may include the pick if its going to save him $$$. We basically made the same deal to get Brewer. Get it done Wallace!

And lmao at Baron.

Originally Posted by What up

Poor Baron. What did he do to deserve this?????
Play like horse +#$! for the past 2 years while stealing money?

If Cleveland thought emo Mo's contract was toxic, they're gonna hate Baron's
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I know Mo is happy to get out of that situation... BD... ughh

Deron Williams .. current fav PG traded to the dump
B. Davis being my fav PG before Deron.. traded to the dump

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by What up

Poor Baron. What did he do to deserve this?????
Play like horse +#$! for the past 2 years while stealing money?

If Cleveland thought emo Mo's contract was toxic, they're gonna hate Baron's
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But Cleveland!?!?  The punishment doesn't fit the crime.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

I know Mo is happy to get out of that situation... BD... ughh

Deron Williams .. current fav PG traded to the dump
B. Davis being my fav PG before Deron.. traded to the dump

laugh.gif
PGs with beards beware.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom