Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Can't wait for GAME 1!!!!! GO HEAT!!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by illmatic34

I really don't know who's gonna win. My heart says Dallas, but my gut says Miami. The Heat have many advantages over Dallas coming from a match-up standpoint but there's something about this Mavs team that makes me think they're gonna win.
i have the same feeling

Originally Posted by illmatic34

I really don't know who's gonna win. My heart says Dallas, but my gut says Miami. The Heat have many advantages over Dallas coming from a match-up standpoint but there's something about this Mavs team that makes me think they're gonna win.
i have the same feeling

I don't buy the have match-up advantages...

PG? Kidd, Barea > Bibby, Chalmers
SG? Stevenson, JET < Wade, Miller
SF? Marion < Bron
PF? Dirk > Bosh
C? Chandler, Wood > Joel, Haslem

Overall Bench? Mavs > Heat.

Their advantages are glaring, but I don't think insurmountable.

I think the biggest thing to watch for tomorrow is Wade. He was NOT good against Chicago, that was all Bosh/Bron, we'll see how he comes out, aggressive? passive? We'll see. It's enough talking, time to get down to it.
pimp.gif

I don't buy the have match-up advantages...

PG? Kidd, Barea > Bibby, Chalmers
SG? Stevenson, JET < Wade, Miller
SF? Marion < Bron
PF? Dirk > Bosh
C? Chandler, Wood > Joel, Haslem

Overall Bench? Mavs > Heat.

Their advantages are glaring, but I don't think insurmountable.

I think the biggest thing to watch for tomorrow is Wade. He was NOT good against Chicago, that was all Bosh/Bron, we'll see how he comes out, aggressive? passive? We'll see. It's enough talking, time to get down to it.
pimp.gif

Get your predictions in now, I'm going to update it before I go to bed, and I won't update it again after the game starts.

I may update a few hours before tip, but get your picks in now!

Tim Legler: Heat in 7.
Bruce Bowen: Heat in 6.
Marc Stein: Mavs in 6 (Obviously
laugh.gif
).
Jon Barry: Mavs in 6 (Shocking, dude has been a hater for years, but I guess since we beat the Lakres he saw us as the team to beat).

There were a few more I missed, and I'll update first page in a bit.

Get your predictions in now, I'm going to update it before I go to bed, and I won't update it again after the game starts.

I may update a few hours before tip, but get your picks in now!

Tim Legler: Heat in 7.
Bruce Bowen: Heat in 6.
Marc Stein: Mavs in 6 (Obviously
laugh.gif
).
Jon Barry: Mavs in 6 (Shocking, dude has been a hater for years, but I guess since we beat the Lakres he saw us as the team to beat).

There were a few more I missed, and I'll update first page in a bit.

One thing the Heat strive in is that transition game, but Dallas doesn't really turn it over, and Kidd isn't turnover prone like a lot of these dues have been they've played against. Rose was coughing up the ball all Playoffs, and was exploited in the ECF. Kidd is only averaging a TAD over two TOs a game for the Playoffs. And what's remarkable is that Kidd has basically a 1:1 ratio for turnovers to STEALS. Amazing.

I'm very interested to see how our perimeter guys do (JET, Kidd, Peja, and Dirk at times).

Shockingly, the highly touted Miami defense allows the third best 3PT% in the Playoffs, which is shocking to me. It shows me that teams weren't really shooting the deep ball against them. They allow 39% 3PT, while Dallas SHOOTS 39%. That's something the Heat definitely have to take notice of.

I know Bron will definitely have some huge swags against Barea, but I mean, there's no way he will literally guard him every minute Barea is on the court, and if he ain't, I think Barea has an easy lane to the basket. Just a bit too crafty.

Also, I think a huge advantage Dallas has is their coaching, and the use of a rotation/adjustments.

I've said it before, but people are talking how we're going to stop Wade/Bron, but I mean we just took care of a two-headed dragon in Westbrook and Durant. I think Westbrook is a worse matchup for us than Wade is, just because he's just as strong as Wade is, but he's lightning quick. We allowed them to march to the charity stripe, but we held our heads high and fought threw it. They got theirs, they scored their points, along with Harden, but they had no one else show up. Will Miami have other guys show up outside of Bosh/Bron/Wade? They can at best probably hope for about 80 between those three, and Dallas just has too many weapons to contain.

A lot of teams talk about, "Oh well this is the Playoffs, we got our eight-man rotation." And they stick to it. Do-or-die. I know Carlisle isn't afraid to go to his 10th man if it creates the advantage for us. Off the bench, it's entirely possible that JET, Marion, JJ, Peja, Haywood, or even Brewer could have a HUGE impact on a single game by showing up huge offensively, or changing the game defensively.

For the first time since the first round really, we'll have the size advantage too. Three 7' footers that collectively will take up probably close to 90 minutes combined, along with Marion who plays like he's about 6'10''.

I think it's kind of funny, because the Heat haven't really had to guard anyone down in the paint. Sixers? Brand and Hawes? Barf. KG and Krstic? Barf. Noah and Boozer could have been huge if Boozer didn't play like he had a vagina. It's a whole hell of a lot easier for the Heat when you got just one big to focus on in the paint. Taj thrived against the Heat, but he just didn't get utilized against the Heat. Mavericks will have Tyson Chandler on their side, definitely the most athletic big that the Heat would have to have faced. I could see that as a huge disadvantage for the Heat. As great as LeBron and company are on defense, can they really stop Tyson from getting endless lobs? Bosh will be on Dirk presumably, and that leaves an opening for Tyson to have a field day. And if you get attention on Tyson, that'll free up Marion, because I don't think Bron will be playing Marion too tightly, which is a mistake on his behalf.

I think no one in the Playoffs has really exposed the Heat for their lack of depth. You got Chalmers, Miller, and Haslem. Haslem is good no doubt, but Chalmers and Miller will probably be ghosts for a good portion of the series.

The biggest key to the series are the two X-factors, Jason Terry and Chris Bosh. Whoever outperforms the other will probably win the series.

Yeah, I've talked way too much, it's officially gameday, I can't wait for the game.
pimp.gif

One thing the Heat strive in is that transition game, but Dallas doesn't really turn it over, and Kidd isn't turnover prone like a lot of these dues have been they've played against. Rose was coughing up the ball all Playoffs, and was exploited in the ECF. Kidd is only averaging a TAD over two TOs a game for the Playoffs. And what's remarkable is that Kidd has basically a 1:1 ratio for turnovers to STEALS. Amazing.

I'm very interested to see how our perimeter guys do (JET, Kidd, Peja, and Dirk at times).

Shockingly, the highly touted Miami defense allows the third best 3PT% in the Playoffs, which is shocking to me. It shows me that teams weren't really shooting the deep ball against them. They allow 39% 3PT, while Dallas SHOOTS 39%. That's something the Heat definitely have to take notice of.

I know Bron will definitely have some huge swags against Barea, but I mean, there's no way he will literally guard him every minute Barea is on the court, and if he ain't, I think Barea has an easy lane to the basket. Just a bit too crafty.

Also, I think a huge advantage Dallas has is their coaching, and the use of a rotation/adjustments.

I've said it before, but people are talking how we're going to stop Wade/Bron, but I mean we just took care of a two-headed dragon in Westbrook and Durant. I think Westbrook is a worse matchup for us than Wade is, just because he's just as strong as Wade is, but he's lightning quick. We allowed them to march to the charity stripe, but we held our heads high and fought threw it. They got theirs, they scored their points, along with Harden, but they had no one else show up. Will Miami have other guys show up outside of Bosh/Bron/Wade? They can at best probably hope for about 80 between those three, and Dallas just has too many weapons to contain.

A lot of teams talk about, "Oh well this is the Playoffs, we got our eight-man rotation." And they stick to it. Do-or-die. I know Carlisle isn't afraid to go to his 10th man if it creates the advantage for us. Off the bench, it's entirely possible that JET, Marion, JJ, Peja, Haywood, or even Brewer could have a HUGE impact on a single game by showing up huge offensively, or changing the game defensively.

For the first time since the first round really, we'll have the size advantage too. Three 7' footers that collectively will take up probably close to 90 minutes combined, along with Marion who plays like he's about 6'10''.

I think it's kind of funny, because the Heat haven't really had to guard anyone down in the paint. Sixers? Brand and Hawes? Barf. KG and Krstic? Barf. Noah and Boozer could have been huge if Boozer didn't play like he had a vagina. It's a whole hell of a lot easier for the Heat when you got just one big to focus on in the paint. Taj thrived against the Heat, but he just didn't get utilized against the Heat. Mavericks will have Tyson Chandler on their side, definitely the most athletic big that the Heat would have to have faced. I could see that as a huge disadvantage for the Heat. As great as LeBron and company are on defense, can they really stop Tyson from getting endless lobs? Bosh will be on Dirk presumably, and that leaves an opening for Tyson to have a field day. And if you get attention on Tyson, that'll free up Marion, because I don't think Bron will be playing Marion too tightly, which is a mistake on his behalf.

I think no one in the Playoffs has really exposed the Heat for their lack of depth. You got Chalmers, Miller, and Haslem. Haslem is good no doubt, but Chalmers and Miller will probably be ghosts for a good portion of the series.

The biggest key to the series are the two X-factors, Jason Terry and Chris Bosh. Whoever outperforms the other will probably win the series.

Yeah, I've talked way too much, it's officially gameday, I can't wait for the game.
pimp.gif

Gameday,

Wade is going to rip the Mavs a new hole, please put Kidd on him.

Im taking the darkhorse Wade for MVP. Stop making those soliloquy posts

and put me in for HEAT IN 5.

Gameday,

Wade is going to rip the Mavs a new hole, please put Kidd on him.

Im taking the darkhorse Wade for MVP. Stop making those soliloquy posts

and put me in for HEAT IN 5.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

game day!!

Although I'm annoyed the game doesn't start till 9pm...very annoying

i forget sometimes you guys on the east coast watch gms that late, lol. hopefully, i can catch the end of the fourth, sucks to be at work. you know if espn3 is streaming it?

Back
Top Bottom