Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

If the Mavs don't win is their window officially closed?

Keeping the rest of the West in mind.

That would be crazy if Caron ends up playing....Dallas trying to pull an okie doke on Miami's gameplan?
nerd.gif

That would be crazy if Caron ends up playing....Dallas trying to pull an okie doke on Miami's gameplan?
nerd.gif

If the Mavs wanna win they'll have to AT least split the first two games. Miami is too good on their home court.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

As long as Dirk is in his prime then no the window isn't closed

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

As long as Dirk is in his prime then no the window isn't closed

If the Mavs wanna win they'll have to AT least split the first two games. Miami is too good on their home court.

[h3]Jason Terry to have Larry O'Brien Trophy tattoo removed if Mavs lose[/h3]It looks like Jason Terry's tattoo of the Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy is either going to be a great story about how he believed in his team from the beginning or a painful story, both literally and figuratively.
Terry told reporters on Sunday that he will get the tattoo removed from his right biceps if his Dallas Mavericks lose to the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals.

"I definitely know that it will hurt worse if I have to take this thing off than it did putting it on," Terry said, according to ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon.

McMahon reported Sunday that Terry said if the Mavericks fail to win their first

http://i.usatoday.net/_co...ages/caption0.gif") no-repeat scroll left center transparent;">CAPTION

By Eric Gay, AP
NBA championship, then it will signify the tattoo was bad luck and that he's "very superstitious."
As McMahon's colleague Calvin Watkins explains the story, on October 19th, before a preseason game in Orlando, Terry's teammate DeShawn Stevenson hosted the team at his home and brought his personal tattoo artist in for the players. Terry elected to got the championship trophy tattoo at the as a symbol that the Mavericks had a shot to win the title.

Terry said his teammates thought it was a joke at first but when they saw him get it, "they were like, 'This boy is serious.' And our whole talk and and conversation was about right now, about us getting to this point and winning it all."

Despite the pledge to remove the tattoo if the Mavericks lose, Terry isn't backing off his belief that his team can win, according to McMahon.
"Everybody knows that they're picking Miami to win. We know that," Terry said. "It really doesn't matter to us. We know we're very focused right now. We know what the job is and we know how we have to get it done."

In fact, Terry is ready to go the other way too. Kate Hairopoulos of the Dallas Morning News said Terry left room on the trophy for more ink so he could fill in the date of the championship.

http://content.usatoday.c...y-obrien-trophy-tattoo/1

[h3]Jason Terry to have Larry O'Brien Trophy tattoo removed if Mavs lose[/h3]It looks like Jason Terry's tattoo of the Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy is either going to be a great story about how he believed in his team from the beginning or a painful story, both literally and figuratively.
Terry told reporters on Sunday that he will get the tattoo removed from his right biceps if his Dallas Mavericks lose to the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals.

"I definitely know that it will hurt worse if I have to take this thing off than it did putting it on," Terry said, according to ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon.

McMahon reported Sunday that Terry said if the Mavericks fail to win their first

http://i.usatoday.net/_co...ages/caption0.gif") no-repeat scroll left center transparent;">CAPTION

By Eric Gay, AP
NBA championship, then it will signify the tattoo was bad luck and that he's "very superstitious."
As McMahon's colleague Calvin Watkins explains the story, on October 19th, before a preseason game in Orlando, Terry's teammate DeShawn Stevenson hosted the team at his home and brought his personal tattoo artist in for the players. Terry elected to got the championship trophy tattoo at the as a symbol that the Mavericks had a shot to win the title.

Terry said his teammates thought it was a joke at first but when they saw him get it, "they were like, 'This boy is serious.' And our whole talk and and conversation was about right now, about us getting to this point and winning it all."

Despite the pledge to remove the tattoo if the Mavericks lose, Terry isn't backing off his belief that his team can win, according to McMahon.
"Everybody knows that they're picking Miami to win. We know that," Terry said. "It really doesn't matter to us. We know we're very focused right now. We know what the job is and we know how we have to get it done."

In fact, Terry is ready to go the other way too. Kate Hairopoulos of the Dallas Morning News said Terry left room on the trophy for more ink so he could fill in the date of the championship.

http://content.usatoday.c...y-obrien-trophy-tattoo/1

Should've never got the tat in the first place
laugh.gif

So as long as Dirk is in his prime? How much longer is that? 2 maybe 3 more years of this kind of play?

Should've never got the tat in the first place
laugh.gif

So as long as Dirk is in his prime? How much longer is that? 2 maybe 3 more years of this kind of play?

Why does it feel like people in this thread think they're going to actually be on the court playing in this series?
laugh.gif

Why does it feel like people in this thread think they're going to actually be on the court playing in this series?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
frown.gif
embarassed.gif

I can't sleep I'm so excited

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
frown.gif
embarassed.gif

I can't sleep I'm so excited

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

He shot better from midrange this year than all of those guys.

OMG! He did it a WHOLE year better. Lets just disregard the numbers they put through their careers
lol.
past is past.

bron right now is a better midrange shooter than everyone in the nba minus dirk.

dude now you went too far on that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

He shot better from midrange this year than all of those guys.

OMG! He did it a WHOLE year better. Lets just disregard the numbers they put through their careers
lol.
past is past.

bron right now is a better midrange shooter than everyone in the nba minus dirk.

dude now you went too far on that
laugh.gif

no hate to dallas or miami, but this is the first nba finals i don't give a single damn about since 2007. im pretty sure mavs and heat fans had a similar feeling every year since 2006 themselves though.

i'll watch the games casually and with no real care in who wins the series, i just hope it goes 7 and has a ton of close well played games.

F it, may the best team win

and wheres japanair? take me off that list. put me in as my prediction for the mavs in 4.

i placed the bank on them....

no hate to dallas or miami, but this is the first nba finals i don't give a single damn about since 2007. im pretty sure mavs and heat fans had a similar feeling every year since 2006 themselves though.

i'll watch the games casually and with no real care in who wins the series, i just hope it goes 7 and has a ton of close well played games.

F it, may the best team win

Back
Top Bottom