Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

MIA in a blow out. This mavs team has no heart. What else is new?

BRON BRON 40 10 10 5 tonight

Ends all the this "wade's team" talk.
pimp.gif

BRON.....
30t6p3b.gif

LeBron would have a reason for playing this poor if Dallas wasn't playing the same kind of defense on Lebron he's seen since the Boston series. He hasn't turned the corner when a Dallas big has showed on the screen one time in this series. Are we to believe Dirk is a better screen and roll defender than Noah? It's almost comical how favorable the defensive matchups are for him on screen and rolls but yet he just "facilitates" to guys like Chalmers when they're covered.

I thought George Karl had some dumb lineups but Spolestra has topped him in that regard. You have guys like James Jones and Eddie House (proven three point shooters) on your bench and yet he still goes to Bibby.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LeBron would have a reason for playing this poor if Dallas wasn't playing the same kind of defense on Lebron he's seen since the Boston series. He hasn't turned the corner when a Dallas big has showed on the screen one time in this series. Are we to believe Dirk is a better screen and roll defender than Noah? It's almost comical how favorable the defensive matchups are for him on screen and rolls but yet he just "facilitates" to guys like Chalmers when they're covered.

I thought George Karl had some dumb lineups but Spolestra has topped him in that regard. You have guys like James Jones and Eddie House (proven three point shooters) on your bench and yet he still goes to Bibby.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

http://espn.go.com/blog/d...oesnt-want-to-play-tough

[h3]Miami doesn't want to play tough[/h3]
DALLAS -- The Dallas Mavericks brought the fight to the Miami Heat in Game 4, and LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Co. aren't willing to engage. At least that's the opinion of the always candid DeShawn Stevenson.

"They don't want to play a tough game," Stevenson said after the Mavericks' 86-83 victory that tied the Finals, 2-2. "They want to come down, see their passes and do stuff like that. We've got to get into them, push the ball out and when we do our defense is great."

The Mavericks did the best job anyone has ever done against James in the playoffs. The two-time MVP scored a postseason-low eight points, missed 8 of 11 shots -- including all three 3-pointers -- and committed four turnovers. Stevenson, Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion were among those charged with trying to slow down James.

One day after calling out James and Dwyane Wade as "great actors," Stevenson said he almost didn't recognize the passive LeBron that was on the floor Tuesday night.

"That's not him," Stevenson said. "In the Cleveland days he was attacking, but I think Dwyane Wade has it going."

Stevenson was asked if he knew why James struggled in Game 4.

"I don't know," Stevenson said. "He's a great player. I don't know why he's struggling. I think Dwyane Wade has it going, so they're going through him. He doesn't have the ball that much. We need to slow down Dwyane Wade. If we can keep LeBron playing like that, it's to our advantage."

Wade did score 32, so it made sense that he kept getting the ball. But the defensive effort on the other members of the Heat made the difference in the stretch run. Chris Bosh scored just two of his 24 in the fourth quarter. James was scoreless in the final 12 minutes. Miami shot just 33.3 percent and scored 14 in the final period.

"We had a tough time making shots tonight, but our defense kept us in the game," Tyson Chandler said. "Our scramble, being able to get our hands on deflections, causing them to be scattered and be easy baskets. When you're not shooting the ball well, you have to be find other ways."

http://espn.go.com/blog/d...oesnt-want-to-play-tough

[h3]Miami doesn't want to play tough[/h3]
DALLAS -- The Dallas Mavericks brought the fight to the Miami Heat in Game 4, and LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Co. aren't willing to engage. At least that's the opinion of the always candid DeShawn Stevenson.

"They don't want to play a tough game," Stevenson said after the Mavericks' 86-83 victory that tied the Finals, 2-2. "They want to come down, see their passes and do stuff like that. We've got to get into them, push the ball out and when we do our defense is great."

The Mavericks did the best job anyone has ever done against James in the playoffs. The two-time MVP scored a postseason-low eight points, missed 8 of 11 shots -- including all three 3-pointers -- and committed four turnovers. Stevenson, Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion were among those charged with trying to slow down James.

One day after calling out James and Dwyane Wade as "great actors," Stevenson said he almost didn't recognize the passive LeBron that was on the floor Tuesday night.

"That's not him," Stevenson said. "In the Cleveland days he was attacking, but I think Dwyane Wade has it going."

"I don't know," Stevenson said. "He's a great player. I don't know why he's struggling. I think Dwyane Wade has it going, so they're going through him. He doesn't have the ball that much. We need to slow down Dwyane Wade. If we can keep LeBron playing like that, it's to our advantage."

Wade did score 32, so it made sense that he kept getting the ball. But the defensive effort on the other members of the Heat made the difference in the stretch run. Chris Bosh scored just two of his 24 in the fourth quarter. James was scoreless in the final 12 minutes. Miami shot just 33.3 percent and scored 14 in the final period.

"We had a tough time making shots tonight, but our defense kept us in the game," Tyson Chandler said. "Our scramble, being able to get our hands on deflections, causing them to be scattered and be easy baskets. When you're not shooting the ball well, you have to be find other ways."

Surprised by the defensive intensity from Dallas. Didn't know they were capable of playing that kinda defense. I hope they win it all this year.

Surprised by the defensive intensity from Dallas. Didn't know they were capable of playing that kinda defense. I hope they win it all this year.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

You know Bron playing like $!#% when this n' gives him some credit
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

You know Bron playing like $!#% when this n' gives him some credit
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

*Coach Spo better do his best to manage minutes for these Heat players BETTER
* i like to see more Joel Anthony in the 4th qtr
*Eddie House & James Jones can get little bit of run wont hurt anything

*Coach Spo better do his best to manage minutes for these Heat players BETTER
* i like to see more Joel Anthony in the 4th qtr
*Eddie House & James Jones can get little bit of run wont hurt anything

Lebron was terrible point blank. from the 1st qtr he just look like he wasnt trying at all, watching that game just reminded me so much of Gasol disappearing. It wasnt the defense or he's tired thats BS. He needs to really redeem hisself, We'll see how bad he wants that ring in the next few games. I gotta give Wade some props though even though he messed up in the last min he played his heart out.

Lebron was terrible point blank. from the 1st qtr he just look like he wasnt trying at all, watching that game just reminded me so much of Gasol disappearing. It wasnt the defense or he's tired thats BS. He needs to really redeem hisself, We'll see how bad he wants that ring in the next few games. I gotta give Wade some props though even though he messed up in the last min he played his heart out.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Carlisle was all marinated and seasoned up waiting to get cooked ... and Lebron saved Rick Carlisle's %!+.

Dude pulled the ultimate Avery Johnson maneuver by putting barrea in the starting line up.
The reasoning behind it was actually sound, I thought...

They said he moved Barea in because Stevenson off the bench gave them more flexibility if Haywood couldn't go and they weren't rolling Peja back out there... They figured Stevenson could steal minutes from Marion, Barea, Dirk and even Chandler... If you're bringing Barea and Terry off the bench, you're limited with rotations early on... You bring Stevenson for Dirk or Chandler and slide everybody down a spot. You bring him for Marion or Barea straight out. They want to keep his minutes about where they've been (HE NEEDS MORE!) and they thought they'd get more flexibility with matchups that way...

It's not something I was wild about, because I'd rather we Stevenson burning through about 30 minutes a night against this team, but the thought process behind the move itself is sound.

It's not anywhere near what Avery did because he didn't completely bail on their entire philosophy and allow Miami to dictate what they did. Avery straight up bailed on everything the Mavs did well and tried to beat Golden State at what they did best.

The Mavs still haven't played well for three games and we're right in this.. Missed a TON of open shots last night and Dirk never got a groove despite having a load of really, really good looks. Winning and competing by grinding games out
pimp.gif
Awesome.

With all this hammering on Bron, and deservedly so... WHERE DID CHRIS BOSH GO?! Dude had 16 and 4 about midway through the 2nd quarter and finished with 24 and 6
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This thread is done.

"The game wasn't important"
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Guess the Heat were paid to let them tie it up for more ratings.

Back
Top Bottom