Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

This thread is done.

"The game wasn't important"
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Guess the Heat were paid to let them tie it up for more ratings.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Carlisle was all marinated and seasoned up waiting to get cooked ... and Lebron saved Rick Carlisle's %!+.

Dude pulled the ultimate Avery Johnson maneuver by putting barrea in the starting line up.
The reasoning behind it was actually sound, I thought...

They said he moved Barea in because Stevenson off the bench gave them more flexibility if Haywood couldn't go and they weren't rolling Peja back out there... They figured Stevenson could steal minutes from Marion, Barea, Dirk and even Chandler... If you're bringing Barea and Terry off the bench, you're limited with rotations early on... You bring Stevenson for Dirk or Chandler and slide everybody down a spot. You bring him for Marion or Barea straight out. They want to keep his minutes about where they've been (HE NEEDS MORE!) and they thought they'd get more flexibility with matchups that way...

It's not something I was wild about, because I'd rather we Stevenson burning through about 30 minutes a night against this team, but the thought process behind the move itself is sound.

It's not anywhere near what Avery did because he didn't completely bail on their entire philosophy and allow Miami to dictate what they did. Avery straight up bailed on everything the Mavs did well and tried to beat Golden State at what they did best.

The Mavs still haven't played well for three games and we're right in this.. Missed a TON of open shots last night and Dirk never got a groove despite having a load of really, really good looks. Winning and competing by grinding games out
pimp.gif
Awesome.

With all this hammering on Bron, and deservedly so... WHERE DID CHRIS BOSH GO?! Dude had 16 and 4 about midway through the 2nd quarter and finished with 24 and 6
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Barrea should be bolted to the bench doing his best eddie house impersonation.

this is not the series for him.

Barrea should be bolted to the bench doing his best eddie house impersonation.

this is not the series for him.

Why not? He was in the paint like crazy last night and blew 2 or 3 open layups at the rim...

They can't go 6 or 7 deep... Especially when Kidd has looked as terrible as he's been. The dude is bombing terrible passes all over the place and can't find a spot on the floor to get an open look, much less knock one down.

Why not? He was in the paint like crazy last night and blew 2 or 3 open layups at the rim...

They can't go 6 or 7 deep... Especially when Kidd has looked as terrible as he's been. The dude is bombing terrible passes all over the place and can't find a spot on the floor to get an open look, much less knock one down.

30t6p3b.gif
@ Stevenson, I hate that dude with the passion of a thousand Christs. Even though his comments weren't really disrespectful, by bringing up how he was attacking in his Cleveland days and whatnot, you KNOW Lebron is going to remember how much he hates Stevenson and how badly he used to roast him and he'll get it going in game 5.

He should have just said no comment, instead he probably put the nail in the coffin for the Mavs
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ Stevenson, I hate that dude with the passion of a thousand Christs. Even though his comments weren't really disrespectful, by bringing up how he was attacking in his Cleveland days and whatnot, you KNOW Lebron is going to remember how much he hates Stevenson and how badly he used to roast him and he'll get it going in game 5.

He should have just said no comment, instead he probably put the nail in the coffin for the Mavs
laugh.gif

rillo561:
Don't worry Heat 'fans' it's still in the bag. NBA has to milk this series, this will setup a 'spectacular' performance just watch, I won't.
THIS.

Except I'm still watching. I'm watching it less to see who's going to win the title, and more to see how the Heat win it. I'm watching it like I would watch any movie where I know the ending going in, and I'm just wanting to be entertained by how it happens.

It's a show. Tune in for the next two episodes to see which one has LeBron going off... and I mean OFF.

rillo561:
Don't worry Heat 'fans' it's still in the bag. NBA has to milk this series, this will setup a 'spectacular' performance just watch, I won't.
THIS.

Except I'm still watching. I'm watching it less to see who's going to win the title, and more to see how the Heat win it. I'm watching it like I would watch any movie where I know the ending going in, and I'm just wanting to be entertained by how it happens.

It's a show. Tune in for the next two episodes to see which one has LeBron going off... and I mean OFF.

hes in the paint with little chance to make a basket. he missed two open lay ups (one on a run out) but the rest of his lay ups were contested and rushed.

of course he has to play but this aint the series for him to look good.

hes in the paint with little chance to make a basket. he missed two open lay ups (one on a run out) but the rest of his lay ups were contested and rushed.

of course he has to play but this aint the series for him to look good.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

rillo561:
THIS.

Except I'm still watching. I'm watching it less to see who's going to win the title, and more to see how the Heat win it.
How do people claim to enjoy the sport and support their own teams with this mindset?
laugh.gif

rillo561:
THIS.

Except I'm still watching. I'm watching it less to see who's going to win the title, and more to see how the Heat win it.
grin.gif

Also, I'm shocked at how well Stevenson has played this series.

DeShawn almost doesn't look expendable in the off-season, I hope we don't make the mistake of trying to give him a crapload of money.

2-3 Million? Fine. Anything more? Hell no.

Him, Marion, and Tyson have really been a huge help this Playoff run to compliment Dirk's amazing performances.

rillo561:
THIS.

grin.gif

Also, I'm shocked at how well Stevenson has played this series.

DeShawn almost doesn't look expendable in the off-season, I hope we don't make the mistake of trying to give him a crapload of money.

2-3 Million? Fine. Anything more? Hell no.

Him, Marion, and Tyson have really been a huge help this Playoff run to compliment Dirk's amazing performances.

rillo561:
THIS.

How do people claim to enjoy the sport and support their own teams with this mindset?
laugh.gif

hes in the paint with little chance to make a basket. 
That's fine but him even being in the paint is better than what we get from Kidd... We're 4 on 5 offensively when Kidd is on the floor and it ain't like he's been good enough defensively to make up for that...

If they start him and he's matched up against Mike Bibby, I'll take that matchup all day because he's gonna blow by Bibby and force someone to help off their man... Eventually we'll start knocking down open jumpers again.

Him and Dirk in a pick and roll is still pretty damn tough to defend, especially if it's Bibby matched up on Barea..

hes in the paint with little chance to make a basket. 
That's fine but him even being in the paint is better than what we get from Kidd... We're 4 on 5 offensively when Kidd is on the floor and it ain't like he's been good enough defensively to make up for that...

If they start him and he's matched up against Mike Bibby, I'll take that matchup all day because he's gonna blow by Bibby and force someone to help off their man... Eventually we'll start knocking down open jumpers again.

Him and Dirk in a pick and roll is still pretty damn tough to defend, especially if it's Bibby matched up on Barea..

Dallas does what Miami does only they do it in the 4th quarter which is winning time. Rick's late game defensive adjustments are phenomenal.

Dallas does what Miami does only they do it in the 4th quarter which is winning time. Rick's late game defensive adjustments are phenomenal.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

DeShawn almost doesn't look expendable in the off-season,
Disagree. DeShawn has been big for the Mavs the entire post season. Especially with his defense.

Back
Top Bottom