Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Seems like its been forever since the last game..
laugh.gif

Heat in 6!

I been thinking about it since the day the trio joined, thinking how sweet it'd be to get revenge on them and beat them in the Finals. Didn't think it was realistic, but here we are.
laugh.gif

As good as the other teams have been, I don't think they've faced a team as crafty as we are defensively. Boston was a slouch this year as much as LA was IMO. Chi was great, but they break you down. Dallas relies on finesse and athleticism to get it done on the defensive end. It won't slow down the Big Three, but I definitely feel like it'll slow down the other cats on that team.

I feel like the big three isn't enough. Throughout the Playoffs, they've had to just handle a few guys on a certain team.

Philly? Iggy and Jrue. Boston? Pierce and Allen. Bulls? Rose and Deng.

Dallas? 8-deep in guys you gotta worry about going off for 20 on any given night.

We'll see though, only a few hours left.

I'm going to update the predictions a few more times before tip, but be sure if you haven't, get em in.

I been thinking about it since the day the trio joined, thinking how sweet it'd be to get revenge on them and beat them in the Finals. Didn't think it was realistic, but here we are.
laugh.gif

As good as the other teams have been, I don't think they've faced a team as crafty as we are defensively. Boston was a slouch this year as much as LA was IMO. Chi was great, but they break you down. Dallas relies on finesse and athleticism to get it done on the defensive end. It won't slow down the Big Three, but I definitely feel like it'll slow down the other cats on that team.

I feel like the big three isn't enough. Throughout the Playoffs, they've had to just handle a few guys on a certain team.

Philly? Iggy and Jrue. Boston? Pierce and Allen. Bulls? Rose and Deng.

Dallas? 8-deep in guys you gotta worry about going off for 20 on any given night.

We'll see though, only a few hours left.

I'm going to update the predictions a few more times before tip, but be sure if you haven't, get em in.

Thing is with that way of thinking I've already seen how that 8 deep team can lose after watching the Blazers and Thunder. Yall can either get outscored or just go in to a drought because of the opponent's defense.

Thing is with that way of thinking I've already seen how that 8 deep team can lose after watching the Blazers and Thunder. Yall can either get outscored or just go in to a drought because of the opponent's defense.

We lost three times in the Playoffs, and once we just coughted up a game.
laugh.gif

It's not like upto this point we've had a weakness that teams have exploited and that's the reason we lost the games we did.

Will Miami outscore us in a shootout? Unlikely. Not unless Bibby hits 5 threes.

No team has beat us really with their defense. We couldn't get the stops when we needed to in both the Portland losses, that's all that came down to.

And I was talking 8-deep in guys who could score, but in reality we're 10-deep.

JT, JKidd, Dirk, Marion, Stevenson, Chandler, Haywood, Barea, Haywood, Peja. Ten guys who can have a huge impact on any one game.

In reality, we have maybe five guys who could win a game for us. JT, JKidd, Dirk, Marion, and Chandler. Maybe Barea too.

Heat? Bosh, Wade, Bron.

I just don't know if their big three is enough. Can the rest of their guys show up? We'll see...

We had to stop a four-headed dragon in LA. Odom, Kobe, Pau, and Bynum.

The rest of their cats did NOTHING against us. I think we pretty much showed that we can let two or three of those guys go off, and still win games.

Game 1: Kobe goes for 36, Pau 15/11, Odom 15/12. Each guy shot over 50%
Game 2: Kobe goes for 23, Bynum goes for 18. Each guy shot over 50%.
Game 3: Kobe goes for 17, Bynum 21, Odom 18, Pau 12. Each guy shot over 50%.

Their bench guys just couldn't do anything.

Our difference this entire playoff series has been our bench. From Peja to JET to Barea, they've been the difference.

If anything, it's our depth, not our offense. That's just how I see it though...

We lost three times in the Playoffs, and once we just coughted up a game.
laugh.gif

It's not like upto this point we've had a weakness that teams have exploited and that's the reason we lost the games we did.

Will Miami outscore us in a shootout? Unlikely. Not unless Bibby hits 5 threes.

No team has beat us really with their defense. We couldn't get the stops when we needed to in both the Portland losses, that's all that came down to.

And I was talking 8-deep in guys who could score, but in reality we're 10-deep.

JT, JKidd, Dirk, Marion, Stevenson, Chandler, Haywood, Barea, Haywood, Peja. Ten guys who can have a huge impact on any one game.

In reality, we have maybe five guys who could win a game for us. JT, JKidd, Dirk, Marion, and Chandler. Maybe Barea too.

Heat? Bosh, Wade, Bron.

I just don't know if their big three is enough. Can the rest of their guys show up? We'll see...

We had to stop a four-headed dragon in LA. Odom, Kobe, Pau, and Bynum.

The rest of their cats did NOTHING against us. I think we pretty much showed that we can let two or three of those guys go off, and still win games.

Game 1: Kobe goes for 36, Pau 15/11, Odom 15/12. Each guy shot over 50%
Game 2: Kobe goes for 23, Bynum goes for 18. Each guy shot over 50%.
Game 3: Kobe goes for 17, Bynum 21, Odom 18, Pau 12. Each guy shot over 50%.

Their bench guys just couldn't do anything.

Our difference this entire playoff series has been our bench. From Peja to JET to Barea, they've been the difference.

If anything, it's our depth, not our offense. That's just how I see it though...

I'll tell you what.

These teams are so different I don't see this being a long series either way.

We'll know who is winning this series after Game 1.

The advantages each team has are so pronounced that there aren't any adjustments to make.

Mavs in 5.

I'll tell you what.

These teams are so different I don't see this being a long series either way.

We'll know who is winning this series after Game 1.

The advantages each team has are so pronounced that there aren't any adjustments to make.

Mavs in 5.

Back
Top Bottom