Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

all this prediction about the series as a whole. what about tonights game? who takes it tonight?

and i saw that thread about bibby and peja finally getting a ring? the $%$+? none of them @%%@@## deserve !*@*

i got a question. who deserves a ring less? bibby or peja? ima go with bibby. that +@%!% has done NOTHING since coming to miami. talk about along for the ride... smh

all this prediction about the series as a whole. what about tonights game? who takes it tonight?

and i saw that thread about bibby and peja finally getting a ring? the $%$+? none of them @%%@@## deserve !*@*

i got a question. who deserves a ring less? bibby or peja? ima go with bibby. that +@%!% has done NOTHING since coming to miami. talk about along for the ride... smh

[h2]Cleveland fans supporting Mavericks[/h2]

CLEVELAND -- Fans in Cleveland have jumped on the bandwagon during the NBA Finals, and it's not to support former Cavaliers star LeBron James.

"Cavs for Mavs" style.

Moments after learning that the most hated athlete in all of Cleveland will be playing for the NBA championship, George Vlosich felt restless and unsettled. He had to do something.

The Cleveland artist and graphic designer sat at his computer. He saw messages pouring onto Facebook from friends declaring that they were now, unequivocally and undeniably, Dallas Mavericks fans. They had no choice.

mavshirt_200.jpg

gvartwork.comGeorge Vlosich designed a T-shirt that embodies exactly what most every NBA fan in Cleveland is thinking: Cavs For Mavs.

And he was struck with an idea. Vlosich quickly designed a T-shirt that embodies exactly what most every NBA fan in Cleveland is thinking: He took the old-time orange "Cavs" logo, slapped a big, blue "M" over the "C" and hung a cowboy hat off the "S" on the end.

"Cavs for Mavs".

Sure, it's more about rooting against James -- the player who so famously took his talents to South Beach less than a year ago -- than rooting for the Mavericks.

But in a city that is accustomed to heartbreak from its sports teams, a fanbase that still mourns "The Drive," "The Shot," and "The Fumble," as infamous ends to their championship aspirations in recent decades, it qualifies as a constructive way to focus anger and angst.

"Clevelanders have kind of pulled together to root against him. That's kind of a neat thing," Vlosich said. "We're rooting as hard against them as we would for the Cavs."

Over on realcavsfans.com, a thread started on the fan forum that declared, "Dallas Mavericks: America's Team." And the first post read, "Our last hope. Sigh."

Officially, in the Cleveland Cavaliers offices, the team swears it has moved beyond "The Player Who Left", as owner Dan Gilbert has referred to James over the past year.

The Cavaliers secured the Nos. 1 and 4 picks in this year's draft. They are rebuilding after a season that included an NBA-record 26-game losing streak. They vow that James' departure no longer drives every move they make -- despite Gilbert's Comic Sans declaration in a public letter last season that the Cavaliers would win a championship before James did.

1966.jpg
Clevelanders have kind of pulled together to root against [LeBron James]. That's kind of a neat thing. We're rooting as hard against them as we would for the Cavs.

[h2]Cleveland fans supporting Mavericks[/h2]

CLEVELAND -- Fans in Cleveland have jumped on the bandwagon during the NBA Finals, and it's not to support former Cavaliers star LeBron James.

"Cavs for Mavs" style.

Moments after learning that the most hated athlete in all of Cleveland will be playing for the NBA championship, George Vlosich felt restless and unsettled. He had to do something.

The Cleveland artist and graphic designer sat at his computer. He saw messages pouring onto Facebook from friends declaring that they were now, unequivocally and undeniably, Dallas Mavericks fans. They had no choice.

mavshirt_200.jpg

gvartwork.comGeorge Vlosich designed a T-shirt that embodies exactly what most every NBA fan in Cleveland is thinking: Cavs For Mavs.

And he was struck with an idea. Vlosich quickly designed a T-shirt that embodies exactly what most every NBA fan in Cleveland is thinking: He took the old-time orange "Cavs" logo, slapped a big, blue "M" over the "C" and hung a cowboy hat off the "S" on the end.

"Cavs for Mavs".

Sure, it's more about rooting against James -- the player who so famously took his talents to South Beach less than a year ago -- than rooting for the Mavericks.

But in a city that is accustomed to heartbreak from its sports teams, a fanbase that still mourns "The Drive," "The Shot," and "The Fumble," as infamous ends to their championship aspirations in recent decades, it qualifies as a constructive way to focus anger and angst.

"Clevelanders have kind of pulled together to root against him. That's kind of a neat thing," Vlosich said. "We're rooting as hard against them as we would for the Cavs."

Over on realcavsfans.com, a thread started on the fan forum that declared, "Dallas Mavericks: America's Team." And the first post read, "Our last hope. Sigh."

Officially, in the Cleveland Cavaliers offices, the team swears it has moved beyond "The Player Who Left", as owner Dan Gilbert has referred to James over the past year.

The Cavaliers secured the Nos. 1 and 4 picks in this year's draft. They are rebuilding after a season that included an NBA-record 26-game losing streak. They vow that James' departure no longer drives every move they make -- despite Gilbert's Comic Sans declaration in a public letter last season that the Cavaliers would win a championship before James did.

1966.jpg
Clevelanders have kind of pulled together to root against [LeBron James]. That's kind of a neat thing. We're rooting as hard against them as we would for the Cavs.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Just about everyone giving Heat game 1, with only possibility for Mavs being game 2.

As a fan, I just want my team to be competitive out the gate. That's all you can ask for, and hope for the best.

Bibby definitely, dude is equivalent to GP.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Just about everyone giving Heat game 1, with only possibility for Mavs being game 2.

As a fan, I just want my team to be competitive out the gate. That's all you can ask for, and hope for the best.

Bibby definitely, dude is equivalent to GP.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

JA i know Haywood will have an impact on the defensive end but he's not so good that you can count him twice
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Didn't even notice.

Heat 2-1 in Game 1's, but the one loss wasn't on their home court, this will be, and thus the bigger advantage.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

JA i know Haywood will have an impact on the defensive end but he's not so good that you can count him twice
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Didn't even notice.

Heat 2-1 in Game 1's, but the one loss wasn't on their home court, this will be, and thus the bigger advantage.

The strength of DAL's bench is against other benches. The issue is, MIA's bench hardly plays due to the 40+ MPG average of the big 3. The impact of their bench will be mitigated. Throwing JT or peja out there & lining them up against wade or lebron is a recipe for disaster.

The problem with that is, the mavs are much much more potent offensively with the kidd/terry or kidd/barea backcourt instead of when stevenson is out there. So that leaves terry or kidd on wade. The 38 year old Kidd has done well when he's had to defend bigger players, but none of them had the quickness off the dribble that wade does. and obviously terry doesn't have a chance.

MIA in 6.

The strength of DAL's bench is against other benches. The issue is, MIA's bench hardly plays due to the 40+ MPG average of the big 3. The impact of their bench will be mitigated. Throwing JT or peja out there & lining them up against wade or lebron is a recipe for disaster.

The problem with that is, the mavs are much much more potent offensively with the kidd/terry or kidd/barea backcourt instead of when stevenson is out there. So that leaves terry or kidd on wade. The 38 year old Kidd has done well when he's had to defend bigger players, but none of them had the quickness off the dribble that wade does. and obviously terry doesn't have a chance.

MIA in 6.

I think Mavs take game one, Miami wins game two. Mavs take 2 of 3 in Dallas and game 6 in Miami. At least, thats what I based my prediction on. Mavs have to take one of the first two if they want a chance at this.

I think Mavs take game one, Miami wins game two. Mavs take 2 of 3 in Dallas and game 6 in Miami. At least, thats what I based my prediction on. Mavs have to take one of the first two if they want a chance at this.

but none of them had the quickness off the dribble that wade does

Westbrook?

When asked if their achievements have been overlooked entering this series, Shawn Marion summed up how Dallas feels about the lack of respect that they have been receiving as the focus has been on Miami.

"We really don't care," Marion said. "At the end of the day, this about what we're able to do and what we've done. Are all of these people giving us credit? I don't give a f***. It's just that simple. We don't care. What does it matter? We've shown what we can do and what we're capable of, but we're not finished yet. We made the Finals, but this not what we came here to do. We came here to take the trophy home with us."

The Mavericks feel that they pose new problems for the HEAT on both ends of the floor.

"During the playoffs, I don't think they have faced a team like us," Tyson Chandler said. "It's going to be a different look for them. Obviously, it's more West-coast style of play versus East-coast style of play and it's going to be different."

but none of them had the quickness off the dribble that wade does

Westbrook?

When asked if their achievements have been overlooked entering this series, Shawn Marion summed up how Dallas feels about the lack of respect that they have been receiving as the focus has been on Miami.

"We really don't care," Marion said. "At the end of the day, this about what we're able to do and what we've done. Are all of these people giving us credit? I don't give a f***. It's just that simple. We don't care. What does it matter? We've shown what we can do and what we're capable of, but we're not finished yet. We made the Finals, but this not what we came here to do. We came here to take the trophy home with us."

The Mavericks feel that they pose new problems for the HEAT on both ends of the floor.

"During the playoffs, I don't think they have faced a team like us," Tyson Chandler said. "It's going to be a different look for them. Obviously, it's more West-coast style of play versus East-coast style of play and it's going to be different."

Back
Top Bottom