OFFICIAL 2011 NBA ALL-STAR WEEKEND THREAD: FEB. 18-21 2011

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

So let's say that Tayshaun didn't block this and Reggie made it:

Would this be considered as being scored on then? Have you EVER seen any dunk remotely like that where a guy dunks "on" someone that is clearly behind him on any greatest dunks list, top 10 plays, whatever? On the other hand you'll see plenty of blocks on the greatest blocks lists where a guy chases someone from behind to block him... Such as the Tayshaun block above. Why? For extremely obvious reasons: Because the guy who is ahead has a major advantage of being in a better position and a using that advantage to dunk isn't a big deal whereas blocking a guy with such an advantage is. Amare dunked on Bron earlier this season. This isn't dunking on someone. And if it was any other player, the play would be forgotten 5 seconds after it happened and wouldn't be on any highlight reel. Kobe stans be too desperate, which is kind of understandable when you see what Bron has been doing to Kobe in head to head matchups over the years.

What I'm more interested in is haters trying to explain Bron's 10 assists. I could use a good laugh. They had lame excuses for his 7+ and 8+ assist seasons in Cleveland: He's not that great of a passer, just has the ball too much, etc. He averaged 7+ dimes in his second year with players such as Jeff McInnis and Paul Silas as his coach.. 5 years later and he averages 9 assists with a different supporting cast and a different coach. Now he averages 7+ on a different team. In the 2008 olympics he was second in assists on the U.S. team, right behind Chris Paul. Now he's getting 10 assists in an all-star game and the second triple-double ever. Under any kind of circumstances throughout his career he gets tons of assists yet he somehow still isn't a great passer.
wait wait so you are saying kobe fans are reaching with the dunk stuff but then you type that bs? come on son

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

So let's say that Tayshaun didn't block this and Reggie made it:

Would this be considered as being scored on then? Have you EVER seen any dunk remotely like that where a guy dunks "on" someone that is clearly behind him on any greatest dunks list, top 10 plays, whatever? On the other hand you'll see plenty of blocks on the greatest blocks lists where a guy chases someone from behind to block him... Such as the Tayshaun block above. Why? For extremely obvious reasons: Because the guy who is ahead has a major advantage of being in a better position and a using that advantage to dunk isn't a big deal whereas blocking a guy with such an advantage is. Amare dunked on Bron earlier this season. This isn't dunking on someone. And if it was any other player, the play would be forgotten 5 seconds after it happened and wouldn't be on any highlight reel. Kobe stans be too desperate, which is kind of understandable when you see what Bron has been doing to Kobe in head to head matchups over the years.

What I'm more interested in is haters trying to explain Bron's 10 assists. I could use a good laugh. They had lame excuses for his 7+ and 8+ assist seasons in Cleveland: He's not that great of a passer, just has the ball too much, etc. He averaged 7+ dimes in his second year with players such as Jeff McInnis and Paul Silas as his coach.. 5 years later and he averages 9 assists with a different supporting cast and a different coach. Now he averages 7+ on a different team. In the 2008 olympics he was second in assists on the U.S. team, right behind Chris Paul. Now he's getting 10 assists in an all-star game and the second triple-double ever. Under any kind of circumstances throughout his career he gets tons of assists yet he somehow still isn't a great passer.
wait wait so you are saying kobe fans are reaching with the dunk stuff but then you type that bs? come on son

laugh.gif
@ Pop giving Kobe and Pau all that tick.

4 MVPs... man, I was gloatin' in front of some old Bulls fans tonight. When Kobe stuffed it with Bron on his back and then hit that 3, I jumped onto the back of the fattest dude in the room.

laugh.gif
@ Pop giving Kobe and Pau all that tick.

4 MVPs... man, I was gloatin' in front of some old Bulls fans tonight. When Kobe stuffed it with Bron on his back and then hit that 3, I jumped onto the back of the fattest dude in the room.

happy.gif

You guys argue too much.  All things considered, this was a pretty entertaining All Star Weekend.

On to the second half of the season.

If Kobe didn't win MVP or DUNK ON REGULAR SEASON JAMES.

Everyone would have gave him props for a nice game.

happy.gif

You guys argue too much.  All things considered, this was a pretty entertaining All Star Weekend.

On to the second half of the season.

If Kobe didn't win MVP or DUNK ON REGULAR SEASON JAMES.

Everyone would have gave him props for a nice game.

are ya'll really posting multiple paragraphs debating whether or not bron got dunked on. Tell that to someone else and see how they react.

i know kobe deserved the MVP for the west team..

but we have to give KD some love right.. considering he he scored 14 of the west's 31 4th quarter points

but we have to give KD some love right.. considering he he scored 14 of the west's 31 4th quarter points

are ya'll really posting multiple paragraphs debating whether or not bron got dunked on. Tell that to someone else and see how they react.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

yeah he saved the west when kobe was out of gas in the 4th

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

yeah he saved the west when kobe was out of gas in the 4th

My dude WestBrook was a nice addition to the game. Boy!

Next year BG gonna be taking control.

Last, for those saying Kobe didn't do nothing when it got serious, he didn't have to he gave it to the hot hand so quit acting like he didn't play smart.

My dude WestBrook was a nice addition to the game. Boy!

Next year BG gonna be taking control.

Last, for those saying Kobe didn't do nothing when it got serious, he didn't have to he gave it to the hot hand so quit acting like he didn't play smart.

Back
Top Bottom