OFFICIAL 2011 NBA ALL-STAR WEEKEND THREAD: FEB. 18-21 2011

Any place I can watch the whole game online?
nerd.gif

anyone notice how kobe looked at lebron twice before the dunk, baiting him to try to block it

I think that is what hurting the lebron nutriders so much

whether lebron got dunked on or not he got pwned
pimp.gif

anyone notice how kobe looked at lebron twice before the dunk, baiting him to try to block it

I think that is what hurting the lebron nutriders so much

whether lebron got dunked on or not he got pwned
pimp.gif

Nah, Brewer definitely got DFish, but I can't let y'all dog my dude Little Rock and have me just stand by and do nothing.
laugh.gif

Nah, Brewer definitely got DFish, but I can't let y'all dog my dude Little Rock and have me just stand by and do nothing.
laugh.gif

Ah, the age old S&T debate rears its head again. Dunked on or not.? To me, based on my own definition of "dunked on", LeBron did NOT get dunked on. To me, based on the ball I've played in my life, dunked on is when the defender is in the paint, sees the offensive man coming, the guy with the ball goes up, the defender jumps to get the block and the offensive man throws it down over him. That's dunked on. I don't think you get "dunked on" just because the man you are guarding happens to dunk the ball. I'm not saying the way I see it is right, but that's how I feel about it. But whatever, call it what you want.

As for the game itself, it was solid. Not a lot of incredible plays, but it kept my interest. I'm glade the East was able to make a run to tighten it up at the end. That's the way ASGs should be.

Ah, the age old S&T debate rears its head again. Dunked on or not.? To me, based on my own definition of "dunked on", LeBron did NOT get dunked on. To me, based on the ball I've played in my life, dunked on is when the defender is in the paint, sees the offensive man coming, the guy with the ball goes up, the defender jumps to get the block and the offensive man throws it down over him. That's dunked on. I don't think you get "dunked on" just because the man you are guarding happens to dunk the ball. I'm not saying the way I see it is right, but that's how I feel about it. But whatever, call it what you want.

As for the game itself, it was solid. Not a lot of incredible plays, but it kept my interest. I'm glade the East was able to make a run to tighten it up at the end. That's the way ASGs should be.

Originally Posted by IgnantBliss

"Lebron James is the best player in the world"-Charles Barkley 
pimp.gif
@Barkley for that and co-signing D.Rose
Is this the first time you've seen Barkley on TV?

pimp.gif
Is this the first time you've seen Barkley on TV?

lawdog1:
I'm glade the East was able to make a run to tighten it up at the end. That's the way ASGs should be.
For some reason, I knew the East would come back to make a game of it. The West kept pulling away and I kept thinking 'Final score is gonna be within 5.'

Actually, I'm sure a lot of us thought that, and I don't know why I said 'for some reason' like we don't know the reason: very little defense played in these things.
laugh.gif

lawdog1:
I'm glade the East was able to make a run to tighten it up at the end. That's the way ASGs should be.
For some reason, I knew the East would come back to make a game of it. The West kept pulling away and I kept thinking 'Final score is gonna be within 5.'

Actually, I'm sure a lot of us thought that, and I don't know why I said 'for some reason' like we don't know the reason: very little defense played in these things.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lawdog1

It's only off the court where this is even an argument. No self respecting player would acknowledge this as dunking on someone. If there's no physical contact and a battle at the rim, its not getting dunked on. To dunk on someone you have to go over or through them, point blank period.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

It's only off the court where this is even an argument. No self respecting player would acknowledge this as dunking on someone. If there's no physical contact and a battle at the rim, its not getting dunked on. To dunk on someone you have to go over or through them, point blank period.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

pimp.gif
too bad hes scared of failure... instead of passing to bosh, he should have shot that 3, he always does that.
Yeah that pass pissed me off....like damn Bron...its the allstar...atleast show you can take a important shot in this game
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

pimp.gif
too bad hes scared of failure... instead of passing to bosh, he should have shot that 3, he always does that.
Yeah that pass pissed me off....like damn Bron...its the allstar...atleast show you can take a important shot in this game
laugh.gif

no physical contact or battle at the rim = not dunked on

So... physical contact + battle at the rim = dunked on?

Right?

edit: I said I was done. I'm going 2 bed.
laugh.gif

no physical contact or battle at the rim = not dunked on

So... physical contact + battle at the rim = dunked on?

Right?

edit: I said I was done. I'm going 2 bed.
laugh.gif

So let's say that Tayshaun didn't block this and Reggie made it:

Would this be considered as being scored on then? Have you EVER seen any dunk remotely like that where a guy dunks "on" someone that is clearly behind him on any greatest dunks list, top 10 plays, whatever? On the other hand you'll see plenty of blocks on the greatest blocks lists where a guy chases someone from behind to block him... Such as the Tayshaun block above. Why? For extremely obvious reasons: Because the guy who is ahead has a major advantage of being in a better position and a using that advantage to dunk isn't a big deal whereas blocking a guy with such an advantage is. Amare dunked on Bron earlier this season. This isn't dunking on someone. And if it was any other player, the play would be forgotten 5 seconds after it happened and wouldn't be on any highlight reel. Kobe stans be too desperate, which is kind of understandable when you see what Bron has been doing to Kobe in head to head matchups over the years.

What I'm more interested in is haters trying to explain Bron's 10 assists. I could use a good laugh. They had lame excuses for his 7+ and 8+ assist seasons in Cleveland: He's not that great of a passer, just has the ball too much, etc. He averaged 7+ dimes in his second year with players such as Jeff McInnis and Paul Silas as his coach.. 5 years later and he averages 9 assists with a different supporting cast and a different coach. Now he averages 7+ on a different team. In the 2008 olympics he was second in assists on the U.S. team, right behind Chris Paul. Now he's getting 10 assists in an all-star game and the second triple-double ever. Under any kind of circumstances throughout his career he gets tons of assists yet he somehow still isn't a great passer.

So let's say that Tayshaun didn't block this and Reggie made it:

Would this be considered as being scored on then? Have you EVER seen any dunk remotely like that where a guy dunks "on" someone that is clearly behind him on any greatest dunks list, top 10 plays, whatever? On the other hand you'll see plenty of blocks on the greatest blocks lists where a guy chases someone from behind to block him... Such as the Tayshaun block above. Why? For extremely obvious reasons: Because the guy who is ahead has a major advantage of being in a better position and a using that advantage to dunk isn't a big deal whereas blocking a guy with such an advantage is. Amare dunked on Bron earlier this season. This isn't dunking on someone. And if it was any other player, the play would be forgotten 5 seconds after it happened and wouldn't be on any highlight reel. Kobe stans be too desperate, which is kind of understandable when you see what Bron has been doing to Kobe in head to head matchups over the years.

What I'm more interested in is haters trying to explain Bron's 10 assists. I could use a good laugh. They had lame excuses for his 7+ and 8+ assist seasons in Cleveland: He's not that great of a passer, just has the ball too much, etc. He averaged 7+ dimes in his second year with players such as Jeff McInnis and Paul Silas as his coach.. 5 years later and he averages 9 assists with a different supporting cast and a different coach. Now he averages 7+ on a different team. In the 2008 olympics he was second in assists on the U.S. team, right behind Chris Paul. Now he's getting 10 assists in an all-star game and the second triple-double ever. Under any kind of circumstances throughout his career he gets tons of assists yet he somehow still isn't a great passer.

Game was garbage.

Lebron was the only player on the East who attempted to compete.  Only one bad decision...he thinks to much at the end of games.  Just go for it.

Kobe is washed up.  When it became a game, he couldn't score.  Durant (the real MVP for the West) and Gasol saved the day.

I don't ever want to see Al Horford in an all star game again.

Boston (my team outside of the Bulls) are some old haters.

Dwight is a bum.

Professional sports pretty much suck across the board.

Game was garbage.

Lebron was the only player on the East who attempted to compete.  Only one bad decision...he thinks to much at the end of games.  Just go for it.

Kobe is washed up.  When it became a game, he couldn't score.  Durant (the real MVP for the West) and Gasol saved the day.

I don't ever want to see Al Horford in an all star game again.

Boston (my team outside of the Bulls) are some old haters.

Dwight is a bum.

Professional sports pretty much suck across the board.

Back
Top Bottom