Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

I will fess up. I liked the signing. But I liked it under the assumption he wasnt our "big" offseason signing.

nice to see whiteside's kids supporting the old man out there

I REFUSE to believe the padres are better than us.
mad.gif
...they have to eventually implode come summer

The Dodgers look to be turning the corner.

Don't look now, but Ethier is having a MONSTER season. On pace for 52 homeruns and 181 rbi's.

[table][tr][th="col"]C. Richard SD
8309.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]M. Cain SF
7495.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1-2[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]2-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.34[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.79[/td] [/tr][tr][td]28[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]30[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.54[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.01[/td][/tr][/table]

Just got my tickets for Friday...sitting in the lower level Japanese Heritage Night section 
pimp.gif

The free sake makes any Wellemeyer start worth watching.  I think...

I'm glad no one is watching this mess.

Edit: The Giants think Burriss is going to come in and save the day?  He's as much of a MLB player as Velez.

It disgusts me how horrible our offense is. I dont think our hitting is any better than last year. And if you do think its improved, it hasnt improved enough to make it better than the worst lineup in the National League. Timmy and Matty are going to wave goodbye to the city of San Francisco if we dont get a competent Major League caliber lineup out there.

Originally Posted by dland24

Timmy and Matty are going to wave goodbye to the city of San Francisco if we dont get a competent Major League caliber lineup out there.

Management doesn't think about the future and neither should you.

will be at tomorrow's matinee against the Pads, also the whole weekend for the Astros series.

i hope sanchez will come through tomorrow. we need to get one against Padres, we can't let them beat us again to start 0-6 against them this year...

[table][tr][th="col"]M. Latos SD
8529.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]J. Sánchez SF
7777.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2-3[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]2-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.19[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.00[/td] [/tr][tr][td]26[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]40[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.19[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.19[/td][/tr][/table]

Haven't watched the last couple, been swamped and trying to study.

If anything, I'll usually throw the iPhone into the speaker set and pickup the radio feed...thus far I'm glad I haven't.

[h1]http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wire...ts_farm_report_bumgarner_allows_1_er_in_6_ip/[/h1]
[h1]Giants Farm Report: Bumgarner Allows 1 ER In 6 IP[/h1]

May 13, 2010 11:06 AM EST

Madison Bumgarner gave up one earned run on seven hits over six innings of work in a Triple-A start at New Orleans on Wednesday. He also struck out five and walked one.

Bumgarner was a candidate for San Francisco's fifth starter job, but he was ineffective in Spring Training and struggled with his velocity.

In 35 innings in 2010, Bumgarner has a 4.37 ERA, 1.45 WHIP and just 24 strikeouts.

[h1]Giants Farm Report: Kieschnick Finally Hitting Homers Again[/h1]

May 13, 2010 11:29 AM EST

Roger Kieschnick hit 23 homers for San Jose in 2009, but it took him a while to get into a power groove in Double-A to begin 2010.

Kieschnick went 107 at bats without a homer, but he has now hit three over the past two days.

Kieschnick is now hitting for an OPS of .755 (.346 OBP/.409 SLG).

Back
Top Bottom