Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Guess no one is trying to win this game
what a double play!!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Let's end this !$!$ and head to milwaukee already

Well today was the offical half way point in the season. 41-40 means we need to play 600. baseball, improve on the 9-20 record we have in the NL West oh and bounce back because we have won 4 of the last 16. And its not like we only have 1 team ahead of us we have 3 unless we take some major changes we will be playing some pretty meaningless games towards the end of August.

All the games are meaningless if the people in charge don't know what they're doing.

Terrible offense 6 years running.

A manager who took out Posey and put in Eli Whiteside in a close game which ended up going 15 innings.

I seriously wish nothing but bad things for this club. At least the Warriors play an enjoyable style so I can stomach losing. Bad baseball ... there's nothing worse.

Originally Posted by What up

A manager who took out Posey and put in Eli Whiteside in a close game which ended up going 15 innings.
I'm with you it didn't really make any sense unlees he was thinking about future inings and Posey having to catch a wild Wilson or Mota. 

Originally Posted by LB510

I'm with you it didn't really make any sense unlees he was thinking about future inings and Posey having to catch a wild Wilson or Mota. 

Bochy said he made the move because he thought Whiteside had a better chance to score on a gapper.
indifferent.gif

The season thus far can be summed up by Huff hustling for a tripple and the Giants couldn't get him in.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by LB510

Bochy said he made the move because he thought Whiteside had a better chance to score on a gapper.
indifferent.gif

I'm speechless.

I look to Knbr for support and here people saying call up Velez and Bowker, play Ishikawa, even heard a couple people say keep Rowand.

And for all those Nate Schierholtz fans that have emerged he's not getting playing time unless Rowand gets traded or Pablo gets sent down.

Didn't Schierholtz' benching coincide with the promotion of Posey and the acquisition of Burrell? Posey came in to play 1B and that pushed Huff to LF. Then when Burrell was called up from Triple A, that pushed Huff to RF. Am I wrong?

Call me glass half empty; I don't see us getting out of Rowand without taking back some more trash.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Call me glass half empty; I don't see us getting out of Rowand without taking back some more trash.

True but when you think about it the outfield and releif pitching are really the only spots we can upgrade

Were not upgrading any spot on the infield. Its clear Sanchez and Uribe are the best options at there postions. Renteria and Rowand need to go if this team wants to win games. I don't care package them seperate or togeather if they need more toss in TI or Downs. 

[table][tr][th="col"]J. Sánchez SF
7777.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]. Bush Mil
7371.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]6-6[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]3-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.26[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]4.43[/td] [/tr][tr][td]92[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]43[/td] [/tr][tr][td]45[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]37[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.23[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.55[/td][/tr][/table]
CF Torres
2B F. Sanchez
RF Huff
LF Burrell
3B Sandoval
SS Uribe
C Posey
1B Ishikawa
P J. Sanchez

Looks like Whiteside won't be catching Sanchez today.

And the love affair with Ishikawa continues ...

How do you give Burrell the start when he !!%% the bed yesterday and couldn't even deliver a sac fly?

And the love affair with Ishikawa continues ...

How do you give Burrell the start when he !!%% the bed yesterday and couldn't even deliver a sac fly?
tired.gif

Is it safe to say that if we don't make the playoffs Bochy is gone?  Well, never mind I shouldn't hold my breath.

Unfortunately, it's not safe to say that. Because Bochy is not held to such high standards.

Playoffs would have gotten him another extention while a mediocre season gets him a "Boch is a player''s manager and these gamers love playing for him."

Pregame Radio had Bochy saying Ishikawa was playing ok and they'll be seeing a bunch of lefties soon so he'll probably be out. Also said %@%!$% swung the bat terribly and that's what gave Posey the nod besides being pulled early.

His reasoning for the pull was basically what was posted here earlier. Said Huff is running on fumes and probably needs a day but wants to be out there. Lastly said we need offense. Ya no $*@$.

[table][tr][th="col"]M. Bumgarner SF
blank_player2.gif
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]R. Wolf Mil
6248.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]0-2[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]6-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.50[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]4.70[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]61[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]51[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.14[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.52[/td][/tr][/table]
There are rumblings about a B.J. Upton-Cliff Lee deal, according to Peter Gammons (via Twitter). That doesn't mean the Rays are going to trade their center fielder, but we do know this: Upton has seen his name in the lineup less than usual since he loafed after an extra base hit ten days ago. Let's evaluate the 25-year-old's value and explore some possible trade partners for the Rays, who do not shy away from blockbuster deals.

Upton is hitting .228/.321/.399 this year with 24 steals in 30 attempts. That's not bad for a center fielder, but Upton's defense appears to have fallen off (even disregarding last month's episode). He has been below-average on defense, according to UZR/150, an advanced defensive metric that suggests Upton was better than average in 2008-09. Even though his strikeout and walk rates are similar to his career averages, Pitch f/x data shows that Upton is swinging at more pitches than ever, especially ones out of the strike zone.

The Rays have Upton under contract for $3MM this year and under team control through 2012. Unless he is non-tendered or signs a long-term deal, Upton will get raises through arbitration in 2011 and 2012. The Rays have a cheaper option at Triple A Durham; top prospect Desmond Jennings is hitting .296/.371/.423 with 20 steals in 22 tries. He has just one homer, but appears ready for the majors.
The Giants could upgrade in the outfield. Acquiring Upton would probably mean less playing time for Nate Schierholtz and Aaron Rowand.

Back
Top Bottom