Official 2010 NY Jets Season Thread 11-5 : this one hurts ............

I want to see what the Browns did in that game that helped win. The Jets lack pass rushers and we really need some in order to get to Brady.

the offense better come to play cause this wont be a game that we can just play stupid for 3 qters and expect to win in the fourth. 

the offense better come to play cause this wont be a game that we can just play stupid for 3 qters and expect to win in the fourth. 

i honestly think the jets will be ready for this game. i think the patriots are a real good team but they aren't as good as the patriots of old. if this was the 04 or even the 06 patriots i would for sure pick new england. i fully expect the jets to come out ready to play and play good smart football next monday though. its crazy though that this game can either make this team a potential 1 seed and unoffically be 2 games up on the pats due to the tiebreaker or have them be a 5 seed that's looking at all their playoff games on the road.

i honestly think the jets will be ready for this game. i think the patriots are a real good team but they aren't as good as the patriots of old. if this was the 04 or even the 06 patriots i would for sure pick new england. i fully expect the jets to come out ready to play and play good smart football next monday though. its crazy though that this game can either make this team a potential 1 seed and unoffically be 2 games up on the pats due to the tiebreaker or have them be a 5 seed that's looking at all their playoff games on the road.

Im still mad at the fact we let go of Woodhead only for the Pats to pick him up.
I just hope he doesnt have a break put game against us.

This will probably be our biggest test of the season given that the Pats seems to be clicking well on offense and of course all the playoff implications that will result from this game.

Im still mad at the fact we let go of Woodhead only for the Pats to pick him up.
I just hope he doesnt have a break put game against us.

This will probably be our biggest test of the season given that the Pats seems to be clicking well on offense and of course all the playoff implications that will result from this game.

Damnit fellas ya'll makin me even more nervous and there's still a week left till the game 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

The Jets are better road team though.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

The Jets are better road team though.

http://twitter.com/TheJetsStream
TheJetsStream From what I’m hearing, #Jets likely won’t make a change at kicker before #Patriots gm. Not written in stone though. #nfl #nyj 30 Nov 2010 from web

[h1]
[h1]Quantifying the Importance of Jets-Patriots[/h1]By CHASE STUART
Chase Stuart contributes to the Pro-Football-Reference.com blog and toFootballguys.com.

Most N.F.L. fans know that Jets-Patriots on Monday night is a big game, but they may be less familiar with the long odds that could face the loser.

The 9-2 Jets will face the 9-2 Patriots at Foxborough.  The winner will have the inside track to the top seed in the A.F.C. and a first-round bye. The loser is more likely to end up as the conference’s No. 5 seed, which could lead to a first-round visit to San Diego (maybe the most dangerous team  in football) or to Indianapolis, to face Peyton Manning and the defending A.F.C. champion Colts.

Because of the playoff structure, a wild-card team would have a treacherous road to reach the Super Bowl. There is no dominant team in the A.F.C., but there are five or six very good ones. If we assume a 40 percent chance of winning any road playoff game, the loser of Monday night’s battle may have to win three straight road games to earn a trip to Cowboys Stadium for the Super Bowl; the odds of winning three such games would fall below 7 percent. The winner, if it secures the No. 1 seed, will have to win just two home games. By those odds, that team would have a 36 percent chance of going to the Super Bowl. The winner would need only to hold serve — survive and advance, so to speak — while the loser would have to scratch, claw and pray for good bounces to dig out of a  hole.
[/h1]

nerd.gif
 Kinda shook by the statistics.

TheJetsStream From what I’m hearing, #Jets likely won’t make a change at kicker before #Patriots gm. Not written in stone though. #nfl #nyj 30 Nov 2010 from web

[h1]
[h1]Quantifying the Importance of Jets-Patriots[/h1]By CHASE STUART
Chase Stuart contributes to the Pro-Football-Reference.com blog and toFootballguys.com.

Most N.F.L. fans know that Jets-Patriots on Monday night is a big game, but they may be less familiar with the long odds that could face the loser.

The 9-2 Jets will face the 9-2 Patriots at Foxborough.  The winner will have the inside track to the top seed in the A.F.C. and a first-round bye. The loser is more likely to end up as the conference’s No. 5 seed, which could lead to a first-round visit to San Diego (maybe the most dangerous team  in football) or to Indianapolis, to face Peyton Manning and the defending A.F.C. champion Colts.

Because of the playoff structure, a wild-card team would have a treacherous road to reach the Super Bowl. There is no dominant team in the A.F.C., but there are five or six very good ones. If we assume a 40 percent chance of winning any road playoff game, the loser of Monday night’s battle may have to win three straight road games to earn a trip to Cowboys Stadium for the Super Bowl; the odds of winning three such games would fall below 7 percent. The winner, if it secures the No. 1 seed, will have to win just two home games. By those odds, that team would have a 36 percent chance of going to the Super Bowl. The winner would need only to hold serve — survive and advance, so to speak — while the loser would have to scratch, claw and pray for good bounces to dig out of a  hole.
[/h1]

nerd.gif
 Kinda shook by the statistics.

Not getting my hopes up for this game, but man I hope the Jets pull off a victory Monday. I just don't see it happening.

Not getting my hopes up for this game, but man I hope the Jets pull off a victory Monday. I just don't see it happening.

Back
Top Bottom