:: Official 2010 NBA Free Agency Thread ::

Do you think Rudy averaging 19 a game has more so to do with him playing with Zach, OJ and Marc?

Its not like he's shooting 30% from the field. He's was at 47% last season. In Rudy's sophmore season, he averaged 20ppg and 6rpg on 46% shooting. He was only 21 yrs old then.

He's had 4 different coaches, probably more teammates with one team than Pau had in both LA and Memphis combined. I think Hollins staying may help his growth as well since he'll actually have a coach for more than a season.

There's really no evidence that he will be as good as Pau, but I didn't say he would be that good. He could be an all-star, play beside a superstar in the right system and look like one of the better forwards in the league. Just speculation, but it'll be interesting to see how he plays out.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Do you think Rudy averaging 19 a game has more so to do with him playing with Zach, OJ and Marc?

Its not like he's shooting 30% from the field. He's was at 47% last season. In Rudy's sophmore season, he averaged 20ppg and 6rpg on 46% shooting. He was only 21 yrs old then.

He's had 4 different coaches, probably more teammates with one team than Pau had in both LA and Memphis combined. I think Hollins staying may help his growth as well since he'll actually have a coach for more than a season.

There's really no evidence that he will be as good as Pau, but I didn't say he would be that good. He could be an all-star, play beside a superstar in the right system and look like one of the better forwards in the league. Just speculation, but it'll be interesting to see how he plays out.
But 16 mil a year for a guy who doesn't get you into the playoffs, doesn't sell tickets, isn't showtime, and damn sure isn't selling jerseys is beyond ridiculous. So what if you are a 20-30 win team without him. With him, you are still only a 40 win team which still doesn't get it done in the West. You have to win 50.

It's a shame really. How can all these owners be pushing for lockouts and less money/less guarantees/less years on max deals, when they are the same one giving these deals? And on the first day of free agency!

Typically a top 5 player at his position IS an all star. 

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

But 16 mil a year for a guy who doesn't get you into the playoffs, doesn't sell tickets, isn't showtime, and damn sure isn't selling jerseys is beyond ridiculous. So what if you are a 20-30 win team without him. With him, you are still only a 40 win team which still doesn't get it done in the West. You have to win 50.

It's a shame really. How can all these owners be pushing for lockouts and less money/less guarantees/less years on max deals, when they are the same one giving these deals? And on the first day of free agency!
That's the thing. We don't know how this will turn out. Its hard to believe that we will just win 40 games against this upcoming season with the same staff, starting 5 intact, etc. Remember, most people thought we would be a 30 win team last season.

Heisley wants this team in the playoffs next season meaning we would have to get very close to 50 games. Its possible and I think we can do it.

But, what you said earlier about he hasn't took us the playoffs, etc. Pau was everything you just said and people dogged us for giving him that near max deal. What I'm getting at is that all things that seem bad right now, may not be bad when you see the final outcome. Rudy didn't deserve $80mil, but we need to wait til the end of next season to determine whether keeping him was a good thing or a bad thing.

If we win 48-50 games next season and win a few games in the playoffs, it won't look as stupid that we kept Rudy.

People acting like Rudy's deal is Rashard Lewis-like. Rudy will be 28 when his deal expire and Lewis is already 31 in the middle of his deal and got $110+. I don't like the deal, but I've seen much worse.

yo if lebron goes to NY..............................................................

growin up a knicks fan ill BUG the )(##() out

Just because you've seen much worse, doesnt justify that being a bad deal.

Honestly, Rudy WLL be good during his prime, but thats only after a few more summers with team USA. he'll deserve that contract in about 3 years, but to get paid like that right now, is just absurd.

You better cross your fingers and pray every night he's going to pan out the way you hope him to.

Who were they bidding against anyways?

I'm mad because I think this is going to affect out negotiations with Kevin Durant, (who btw same position as Gay, few yrs younger, All sta, all NBA, face of the franchise in more ways than one, took us to within 1 game of a game 7 against the Champs (while having a bad series by his standards). I was reading this morning we wanted to lock him up earlier and the figure was looking like 5yrs 80 mil, a bargain for a guy like him. If I'm KD or his agent, after the Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay deals, I have to get more. A LOT more.

I think the max that Durant can get after his rookie contract ends is $85 million for 5 years. Question is, if Thunder want to save money and hope the new CBA changes it up next summer, should they wait till then or just do the extension now? Sike, of course they do it now.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Who were they bidding against anyways?

I'm mad because I think this is going to affect out negotiations with Kevin Durant, (who btw same position as Gay, few yrs younger, All sta, all NBA, face of the franchise in more ways than one, took us to within 1 game of a game 7 against the Champs (while having a bad series by his standards). I was reading this morning we wanted to lock him up earlier and the figure was looking like 5yrs 80 mil, a bargain for a guy like him. If I'm KD or his agent, after the Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay deals, I have to get more. A LOT more.
The way the media was talking (Twolves, Nets, Knicks, Clippers). Not to mention Miami who they might have to looked to add Gay after adding Bosh, Boozer or Amare.

Timberwolves were the team that was going to offer him something close to the max, so we went ahead and did it before anybody could. I don't really see the point, but it happened. Rudy didn't even get the max because the max is $85mil, which is probably what Durant will get.

Either way, if Durant is a bonafide superstar it shouldn't matter if you have to pay him more. Give him what he wants and don't ask any questions about it.

Drew Gooden in another 5 years of my life.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
 This free agency is a joke. next thing u know Richard Jefferson will get 90 mil for 5 years.

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

laugh.gif
 This free agency is a joke. next thing u know Richard Jefferson will get 90 mil for 5 years.

What you expect it to be though? The media was the one hyping this stuff up. 

Originally Posted by BangDak

Honestly, Rudy WLL be good during his prime, but thats only after a few more summers with team USA. he'll deserve that contract in about 3 years, but to get paid like that right now, is just absurd.

HUH?

and KD will get his max deal this summer

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

I think the max that Durant can get after his rookie contract ends is $85 million for 5 years. Question is, if Thunder want to save money and hope the new CBA changes it up next summer, should they wait till then or just do the extension now? Sike, of course they do it now.

If they waited till next summer then they are just testing his loyalty
laugh.gif
. I say if they do wait till the new CBA then he will resign and OKC would save a ton of cash-moneys.

I'm happy Frye staying.. .I don't think our bench is all that good with him out of it. Respect to Sarver for keepin him.

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

laugh.gif

*fingers crossed* it's with San Antonio

Amir Johnson 5 years 34 Million???
The bucks are about to sign Salmons 5 years 39 million.

Im gonna be pissed when Salmons changes his mind and wants 5 years 80 million now and we dont get him.

Back
Top Bottom