:: Official 2010 NBA Free Agency Thread ::

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^nah his s+t involved players in return (diaw+2 1st rounds, Rondo+Lopez). Im talking about just giving his first team the F U and straight up signing away for like a 2nd round pick or expiring/non-serviceable player.
Suns werent the team he was a rookie with, he was drafted by the celtics
I think he meant rookie contract. A lot of players get traded before their first contract is over. Just wondering who was notable and straight up signed with another team with no compensation for the old team.

Exactly

warrick to the suns...he singed a 4 yr deal worth 18 mil

quick question, when is the next big free agent class?

dont know if this was mentioned but LA Times is reporting and Jales Rose tweeted

Lakers offer Mike Miller 5 year/30 million and give him a tuesday deadline to accept.....

Lakers also want to resign Derek Fisher for 2.8mil but he is looking for his current 5 mil...Heat and Cavs are also interested in Fisher

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I thought Derek Fisher had to be in LA............

His daughter is better now. At that time, he needed to be in LA.

What are all these teams going to do who have been tanking and sabotaging past couple of season making bad trades to be a player in this yrs FA party, and have money but no player worth taking it? I mean, there's more teams with cap space than there are players "deserving" of it. I mean LAC has 15 mil but you haven't even heard their name in any discussions or visits, ditto OKC with almost 12, and so forth. Are teams going to start throwing max money at guys like Travis Outlaw just to spend it? I'd just go into the season under the cap and try again next yr, before I'd give Amir Johnson almost 7 mil a yr.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Yea but you were proposing that Salmons might up his worth to a max contract.

He just accepted the 5/39 offer btw.
It was hypothetical. But seriously if you were Salmons and you see that Amir Johnson got 5 years 34 Millions, Drew Gooden got 5 years 30 million, and you just got 5 years 39 million? I think we can all agree that Salmons is a bit better than those two. He's not making much more than them. Wouldn't you think you could get more money?
Maybe he likes what he's sees with whats being created in Milwaukee or something i dont know, but im willing to bet he could get more money. But yes i saw that he accepted and im very very happy, and i'm very anxious to watch the Bucks next year.

On another note, and im the only one who thinks Lebron is toying with all the fans and media just for attention with this free agent stuff? GARUNTEE he stays in Cleveland. He dam well knows he's not leaving. Thats my view on it at least.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Originally Posted by JPZx

Yea but you were proposing that Salmons might up his worth to a max contract.

He just accepted the 5/39 offer btw.
It was hypothetical. But seriously if you were Salmons and you see that Amir Johnson got 5 years 34 Millions, Drew Gooden got 5 years 30 million, and you just got 5 years 39 million? I think we can all agree that Salmons is a bit better than those two. He's not making much more than them. Wouldn't you think you could get more money?
Maybe he likes what he's sees with whats being created in Milwaukee or something i dont know, but im willing to bet he could get more money. But yes i saw that he accepted and im very very happy, and i'm very anxious to watch the Bucks next year.

On another note, and im the only one who thinks Lebron is toying with all the fans and media just for attention with this free agent stuff? GARUNTEE he stays in Cleveland. He dam well knows he's not leaving. Thats my view on it at least.
sick.gif

I agree with a lot of you guys. A lot of these early FA signings are setting a bad precedent. Sub-par players better cash in ASAP. Much love to the dudes stealing money early on
pimp.gif

ACBboys i know its spelled Guarantee. I spelled it that way on purpose for emphasis. Different way of saying it, even though i know its not the "correct" way of saying/spelling it.

Damn...Bucks will be STACKED!  Media around here is already saying next years squad is better than the '02 team that got screwed out of the finals.

Originally Posted by mjd77

Damn...Bucks will be STACKED!  Media around here is already saying next years squad is better than the '02 team that got screwed out of the finals.

How were you screwed out of the Finals? Maybe you were screwed not having Iverson on your team, or the Sixth Man of the Year, or the Coach of the Year, or maybe it was the Defensive Player of the Year...

^ im pretty sure Donaghy said that series was rigged to get philly and LA cause of market size or some *@!!.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

How were you screwed out of the Finals? Maybe you were screwed not having Iverson on your team, or the Sixth Man of the Year, or the Coach of the Year, or maybe it was the Defensive Player of the Year...

Damn I forgot how stacked that team was, just cleared out all the damn awards.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

^ im pretty sure Donaghy said that series was rigged to get philly and LA cause of market size or some *@!!.
Ray Allen said the exact same thing as the series was going on.
laugh.gif

I'm not really sure what the point of that comparison is, but if Drew Gooden is the player that is going to put you over the top, there are eight other teams who will tell you otherwise. And please don't mention Salmons either.

^ Yea and i remember everyone criticized him at the time when he called Stern out. Then Donaghy came out and said Philly and Milwaukee was rigged along with LA and SAC, and Miami/Dallas.

Bucks are compiling up talent, and I applaud them for that. I've always liked Skiles, and I hope they can do something next year. Whether they will or not, we'll see, I hope so.

BJ - ?
Salmons - Redd - CDR
Maggette - Ilyasova - Delfino
Mbah a Moute - Gooden
Bogut - ?

Is that a championship caliber team? No, but it's a good team that'll make the Playoffs again.

Dirk to sign 4 year, $80 million deal. Time to focus on other free agents now
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Ridnour isn't with the Bucks anymore?
I had to check, I thought he was, but no, he's a FA. Kurt Thomas and Jerry Bumhouse also FA's.

Ridnour would be a nice addition if the Mavs needed a PG, but eh, he'll be a good fit somewhere.

He should back up Westbrook.

Another underappreciated PG out there who's a FA is Shaun Livingston, dude did damn good last year.

Stack basically said he's doing what he did last year. Chilling for the first half of the year and then coming in to give some team a boost.

Back
Top Bottom