:: Official 2010 NBA Free Agency Thread ::

cant wait to see Portland land a surprise big name
nerd.gif

Reports coming out that the Raps have a sign and trade with Miami.

Bosh for Chalmers, Beasley, Anthony, trade exception and possible some picks.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Reports coming out that the Raps have a sign and trade with Miami.

Bosh for Chalmers, Beasley, Anthony, trade exception and possible some picks.
It's kind of what many Raptor fans expected in return for Bosh. Beasley would be our go to guy on offense, Chalmers would be our back-up PG and Anthony a depth player. Then we'd trade Hedo as well as either Jack or Calderon. Bring in a centre and go with:

C-???
PF-Bargnani
SF-Beasley
SG-DeRozan
PG-Jack or Calderon

Lottery bound team in 2011 but atleast they wont be force feeding us the myth that the team is good enough to make a playoff run.

Not so fast, that story is citing a report from Dan LeBatard and from his twitter account.

LeBatard admitted on the radio that he made up the story and he wasn't reporting it as a fact, but just a possibility that he heard. He was actually laughing that people were running with the story as something true.

Ahhh.

Here is the latest report on it I can find...

Via TSN (Canadian ESPN)

The Chris Bosh era in Toronto may be officially over.

ESPN's NBA contributor Dan LeBatard reports that the Raptors are poised to complete a sign-and-trade deal with Miami that would see Bosh go to the Heat for power forward Michael Beasley, point guard Mario Chalmers and forward Joel Anthony.

According to Lebatard's Twitter message on Wednesday, Bosh and fellow potential free agent Wade share the same agent so there's no tampering involved.

Bosh opted out of the final year of his contract with the Raptors, leaving more than $17 million on the table to join a free agent class that includes Wade and LeBron James.

The seven-year veteran averaged career-highs with 24 points and 10.8 rebounds this year.

However, the Globe and Mail has disputed the initial report, with one source telling the paper, flat-out, "There is no truth to that."

With so few players under contract at the moment -- Beasley and Chalmers are the only two -- the Heat are, according the Globe, reluctant to move out players; preferring, instead, to give the Raptors a trade exception that would amount to nearly $16.5-million.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Not so fast, that story is citing a report from Dan LeBatard and from his twitter account.

LeBatard admitted on the radio that he made up the story and he wasn't reporting it as a fact, but just a possibility that he heard. He was actually laughing that people were running with the story as something true.
Yeah, I think its just a rumor at this point but I think a trade of that nature (Bosh to the Heat for Beasley + throw ins) is very very likely.

Beasley aint/wont be the greatest player in the world but I rather have him (for 3 more years at a modest contract) than just lose Bosh for nothing.

The Hawks weren't +$@% last year and they just panicked...how in the hell do you improve every tear but regress everytime the playoffs come around?

But I highly doubt that dude will leave that money sitting there because he knows he is getting over after the series he just had

its still possible to sign and trade joe johnson, hopefully to the rockets for brooks,scola and some backup centers or something...

Well its officially official.....

The Timberwolves have the worst GM in all of sports.

Back
Top Bottom