OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Kuo is nasty
pimp.gif

Got that right!

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

pimp.gif

The bats cant continue on like this though

The pitching can, we've got 9 more against the Padres and Giants, no better time for our pitchers to get hot.

Sorry to interrupt ya'll, but you LA heads in here, anybody have a copy of the Kobe 65 vs Portland a few years back? Tape or DVD, you guys know of anyone?  I got about 100 games on tape, but not this game, and livin up here in Portland, it's a must have. 
laugh.gif
  PM me if any of you have any info.

Sorry for the interruption. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Sorry to interrupt ya'll, but you LA heads in here, anybody have a copy of the Kobe 65 vs Portland a few years back? Tape or DVD, you guys know of anyone?  I got about 100 games on tape, but not this game, and livin up here in Portland, it's a must have. 
laugh.gif

CP
laugh.gif

Wish I can help.

Oddly enough, I'd like to say 98% of the regulars in here are not Laker fans.

podsenik? eh. i guess its better than xavier paul going out there. if manny's going to be out longer than we think, its not a bad move.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

CP
laugh.gif

Wish I can help.

No, but at least livin in LA, some of you might know some people that have it or something.  A connection to KCAL, anything.  Someone has to have that game on their computer, or DVR, something. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

CP
laugh.gif

Wish I can help.

No, but at least livin in LA, some of you might know some people that have it or something.  A connection to KCAL, anything.  Someone has to have that game on their computer, or DVR, something. 
frown.gif

98%? come on french... it aint THAT bad..

its me, you and 562..right?

so more like 78%

laugh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by eyegiantjackpot

98%? come on french... it aint THAT bad..

its me, you and 562..right?

so more like 78%

laugh.gif
tired.gif

I don't think 562 is even a basketball fan 
laugh.gif

So it's you, me, bright, socluis, I think Sin,  badboyfolife, and someone else, I know I'm missing someone else.

im a lakers fan, i just choose not to participate in the lakers threads on here due to the extreme homer-like atmosphere in there.

[h1]Dodgers Acquire Scott Podsednik[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 28 at 8:03pm CST]

The Dodgers will acquire Scott Podsednik from the Royals for catcher Lucas May and right-handed pitcher Elisaul Pimentel, the Royals announced. ESPN.com's Jayson Stark first reported the deal on Twitter. This afternoon, the Dodgers were pursuing Podsednik and other outfielders, including Ryan Raburn. GM Ned Colletti wanted outfield depth, since Manny Ramirez and Reed Johnson are on the DL.

Podsednik has a .309/.352/.400 line with 30 steals in 42 attempts. If those numbers look familiar, it’s because he batted .304/.353/.412 with 30 steals in 43 attempts a year ago. Podsednik has spent most of his time in left field this year, though he has played hundreds of games in center over the course of his ten-year MLB career.

The 34-year-old makes $1.65MM this year (about $620K remains). The Dodgers have a $2MM option for 2011, but Podsednik will probably be able to void it. He has 430 plate appearances and needs just 525 to neutralize the option.

May, 25, is hitting .285/.344/.472 with 11 homers in the upper minors, mostly at Triple A. The Dodgers drafted him as a shortstop in the eighth round of the 2003 draft and current Royals scout Mitch Webster signed him. Before the 2007 season, May became a full-time catcher.

mlbtraderumors

I dislike this trade because I wanted to see XPaul get more ABs and because it could mean that they think Manny is done for (in which case we'd be #$*#%%).

Ned didn't get hosed though, which is nice to see.

May can hit, but he's not very good defensively. Especially considering that you want good defense from your backup catcher.

Pimentel is a legit prospect, but the Dodgers have a bunch of depth in pitching.

If I were Ned I would have tried to acquire someone with some semblance of power with the knowledge that Blake/Carroll could play LF if Manny was out for an extended amount of time. Particularly because Podsednik is replacing GA.

Not a bad trade.

Do work Ned, you're not done!

Podsednik is pretty consistent with his #s and getting on base.

Not a bad trade.

Do work Ned, you're not done!

Podsednik is pretty consistent with his #s and getting on base.

Back
Top Bottom