OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

bro we used to go to SO MANY games back then. $6 Giant series in LF on the regular with about 8-10 every time it never failed/

Before anyone would drive we'd take the metro to union station and catch the $2 Dodger shuttle up to the stadium, and my parents would pick us up at the 110 stadium way offramp. We used to get so many cheap $$% eBay tickets from some seller in loge section 162 row D. Once my brother misspelled the name and searched "dogers" , found some tickets and we ended up only spending 96 cents on them damn tickets in the reserve..

As the article and comments state, you can't do stuff like that anymore, resellers and so on have bought them all up and eBay which once was the spot for tickets on the low now is just another stubhub trap i.e. Ticketmaster and TicketsNow

Damn...this would be the life
pimp.gif
, was never able to do that stuff growing up with Fenway being so expensive at the time (esp the World Series years...$100 to sit in the bleachers minimum
sick.gif
)

It is crazy about StubHub and eBay and all those sites though...the internet has caused all event prices to skyrocket, cause it's so much easier for the people with larger incomes to WANT to scoop up some seats with sports being one of the biggest venues of entertainment now
Bro throughout all of my HS years (01-05) we went what seemed like every week to at least one game since it was so cheap, it literally was cheaper than a movie ticket. I used to have just about every ticket stub back then, if it wasn't the $6 LF seats, we may have done it up and spent double that for some infield reserve. What you used to pay $12 now you're spending maybe $40 after all the fees. OH YEAH, this was back when all dodger ticketing was done in-house, ticketmaster came in for the 05 season and #%%$+! up a once beautiful thing with all of these fees
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

There's a catch-22 to all of these highballer resellers in that, they usually won't budge until the last minute to drop their prices, and when they do it's almost always lower than box-office price. The bad being that they're usually out in some other random city not close to the stadium that by the time you would meet up with them with our traffic, it'd all be for nothing. You're better off staying home and avoiding that mess altogether.

[h2]7/24/2010[/h2] http://[h3]Trading Russell Martin, Ridiculous Asking Prices, And Dealing Prospects Like Candy[/h3]
[h3]http://www.memoriesofkevinmalone.com/2010/07/trading-russell-martin-ridiculous.html[/h3]Memories Of Kevin Malone is quickly becoming my favorite team blog. Although i'm not completely up on all the new SABR-centric stats, their opinions - especially the ones reflected in that link, echo my feelings almost word for word.

If your first reaction is "why do teams always ask the Dodgers for better players than other teams", just remember who the GM is, and ask yourself if you would do the same. I would.

laugh.gif
 you already know who loves that comment

and i said it this time last year and will say it again. im all for trading martin

The best example of how stupid Ned is can be explained by the organization depth at 3B right now. Carlos Santana started out at 3B and was moved to C, but his bat would play anywhere on the diamond and he looks like a good bet to be the 3B of the future (or maybe move Martin to 3B) but Ned gave him up for Casey Blake, a guy in his mid-30s with 2 months left on his contract. So because we have no 3B depth in the organizaton, Ned gives Blake a 3 year deal which is inexplicable. Too his credit Blake has been great, I expected more injuries. That said, the trade is one acquisition and the signing in the off-season is a completely different and they should be judged separately. So then in Blake's first year, Josh Bell starts tearing up AA. A switch hitter who hits RHP exceptionally well, would be a perfect platoon partner in Blake's last year. So what does Ned do, he trades Bell for George Sherrill. I don't even have anything else to say about that, other than the fact that even if Sheriil had been good this year he still probably would've been too expensive to keep ($6+ Mil) if he's not the closer next year. So now Blake is going to go into the last year of his contract and there isn't a 3B prospect in sight. Oh, and I forgot about giving up DY for nothing, and Abreu for 6 starts of Jon %*#$#$* Garland.

Honestly, I don't think another ownership group would be the best move for the Dodgers just because new owners usually @+%% up a lot in the beginning, which we can't really afford with our core about to hit free agency. What has changed my opinion is the small glimmer of hope that a smart baseball fan would buy the Dodgers and fire Ned almost immediately just based on looking at his resume.

I can dream, right
laugh.gif

Trading Martin is creating a hole that you can't fill easily, and it's not like you're gonna get much back for him.

Doing that would be a complete salary dump, which they would just wait until the off-season to do if they couldn't afford him.

I feel like you've copied and pasted that about 100x.

Sayin the Dodgers deserved to get something other than meaningless scraps for DY and Abreu, what's next you really thought Eric Stults was worth something ... ahh oh wait.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I feel like you've copied and pasted that about 100x.

Sayin the Dodgers deserved to get something other than meaningless scraps for DY and Abreu, what's next you really thought Eric Stults was worth something ... ahh oh wait.
I feel like every time I say something you come back with some bull +%$+ snide remark that doesn't have anything to do with what I just said.

I never said that we should have gotten a lot for those guys, backup infielders are a dime a dozen. My problem is with giving away two of them for nothing to keep Juan Castro on the roster and then to give Jamey Carroll $4 Million for it.

hey bros, lets all make out or something. no need for the tension in here.

i caught exactly one inning yesterday before i attended the wackness that was the la street food fest. anyway it was the inning Kenley pitched and dude was dealing. real impressive since i knew nothing about the guy.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

hey bros, lets all make out or something. no need for the tension in here.

i caught exactly one inning yesterday before i attended the wackness that was the la street food fest. anyway it was the inning Kenley pitched and dude was dealing. real impressive since i knew nothing about the guy.

laugh.gif
you mean the one out here in LB? with all the roach coaches? or was there another one in LA?

Todays game was great , perfect weather out there too.

Just got two tickets in RF for Thursdays game in SD, should be a good one

game was great today.

i miss the pizza from last year.. that stuff slaps on the cpk stuff.. plus it was like twice the size.

i love that place.. so much fun being there.
lets hope jansen is the real deal.. give us the boost ely did in his first 5 starts... the bullpen could use him bad.

if ely can get corrected, we would have SOLID pitching for the rest of the year. just need him and monastarios to stay consistant... speaking of carlos.. i saw the ball hit him the face.. pretty scary. luckly he is ok.

Kersh
Billz
Kuroda
Padilla

with Ely, Carlos.. i have faith in ely. i think he is gonna get sorted and do well.

jansens ball looked crazy.. it has soooo much power behind it. i was nervous when he came in.. but man.. dude killed it..

Kenley Beast.
smokin.gif

This is Los Angeles of course he's the future closer!

Someone hand PMAC Baseball's America Top Prospects handbook so he can relieve some tension.

Kenley Beast.
smokin.gif

This is Los Angeles of course he's the future closer!

Someone hand PMAC Baseball's America Top Prospects handbook so he can relieve some tension.

562 it was at the rose bowl. high class roach coaches i guess. mostly mediocre food. seems like a lot of people think its a good idea to put any food on a truck and drive it around.

oh okay, I saw them mentioning one out here yesterday at the park on shoreline village, $8 entry + food from the trucks

Ehh, after I had Kogi and Don Chow i'm kinda over the fad.

this one was 45 all you can eat and all you can drink booze. good concept but whoever ran it was amateur status. whole event was a cluster****

I don't know why you'd say something like that BN, I'm not tense.

I don't want prospects on the team, we should trade them for veterans so we can win a championship.

We shouldn't build a team like we're the Pittsburgh Pirates.

smile.gif

Damn, I wonder who they're getting for Martin. How high is his stock right now? I'd be surprised if we can get a good player back. Sad to say I won't miss Russ, I don't know how he fell off so much after being a back to back all-star.

BN, I read that Gammons piece the other day and I didn't get "serious" from it. Maybe this is another source?

-J-

Back
Top Bottom