OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

When I started working at the stadium I was surprised at how lax stadium security was. It's even worse in SF, last time I went they didn't even check my girls purse.
Eh?

You're saying it's "worse" but then saying they didn't check her purse?

When I was up there, they checked her purse and that was it. No empty pockets, flip pockets inside out, scoop out your invisible cloak from the cargo pockets, lift up my shirt to show off my badass belt, LIFT MY #+%+@!! HAT to make sure i'm not "hiding anything"

And yes, i'm dead serious about the fitted.

I'm going in some spandex speedos and no shirt and flip flops next time, let's see if they pat my hairy !#% down.

I meant worse as in relaxed security measures.

They really should just get metal detectors instead of the pay downs.

It is what it is. People not feeling safe at Dodger Stadium is a constant issue. The people that don't feel safe are those with a fat wallet. Guess who they are listening to?

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

WHAT THEE ++%@ IS UP WITH NT? FU

Dodgers Blog
Steve Dilbeck and The Times’ Dodgers reporters
give you all the news on the boys in blue

« Previous Post | Dodgers Blog Home
Dodgers call up Kenley Jansen; designate Justin Miller for assignment
July 23, 2010 | 3:04 pm

Only a season removed from becoming a pitcher, Kenley Jansen has been called up to the major leagues.

The 6-foot-6 right-hander, who started last season as a catcher, was 5-1 with a 1.60 earned-run average in a combined 33 appearances for Class-A Inland Empire and Double-A Chattanooga.

To clear room on the active roster for Jansen, the Dodgers designated Justin Miller for assignment.

For more on Jansen, read Steve Dilbeck's story on him from spring training.

-- Dylan Hernandez

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Oh yeah.Don't know why you guys are crying about security. We have more volatile fans than the Lakers/Kings/Clippers, Ever since Staples opened you have had to walk through a metal detector.

When I started working at the stadium I was surprised at how lax stadium security was. It's even worse in SF, last time I went they didn't even check my girls purse.
dont give 2 *@+$@ about the security. i care about the line though. took me 20 minutes to get in when the tigers were in town. put metal detectors up and be done with it, dont just pick and choose people to scan. the whole "lift your shirt up" is stupid.
laugh.gif

Exactly, put up LAX scanners at each ticket gate and bypass this idiocy that's currently going on.

It's funny when you have gangbanger lookin security completely ignore their gangbanger homies and let them slip right in without getting any sort of screening. Just exchange some dap, say whatup and keep on walking in. So much for integrity
laugh.gif

I'm excited about Jansen.

Hopefully he can have a couple of good appearances this week so that Ned doesn't feel the need to trade prospects for relief pitching.

yeah bro can you believe that !%*%???

I see on the bottomline on ESPN that Dodgers and Stros exchanged names

that means absolute doom IMO

If we really do trade for Oswalt then Ned is confirmed the worst GM in baseball.

You can't purge the farm 3 consecutive years and forfeit draft picks like they don't matter at the same time.

I would have no problem with giving up 4 of our best guys for him had we added 3 first rounders and 2 supplemental picks this past draft, but as it stands we don't even have 1 first rounder.

ESPECIALLY, when you have a limited budget.

I don't think it will happen though, too much salary to take on.

Our apologies to #Dodgers Fans for not getting the fire out sooner near @DodgertownUSA. Please now enjoy the game! -Brian @LAFD

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

If we really do trade for Oswalt then Ned is confirmed the worst GM in baseball.

You can't purge the farm 3 consecutive years and forfeit draft picks like they don't matter at the same time.

I would have no problem with giving up 4 of our best guys for him had we added 3 first rounders and 2 supplemental picks this past draft, but as it stands we don't even have 1 first rounder.

ESPECIALLY, when you have a limited budget.

I don't think it will happen though, too much salary to take on.

Word for word I agree brother, except the last line.

Til it's gametime July 31 i'll be like like this little one though
smh.gif
smh.gif
:
pray_boy.jpg

Great catch by Bay

"We're not inclined really to break up the club here, especially thecore of it, to acquire somebody," Colletti said. "But I'm moreopen-minded than I have been in the past on prospects."

crying-indian-tear65p1.jpg

"I don't think the franchise is in a place and time where all the sandis running out of the hourglass. You're always going to have turnover.You're always going to have some change. That's the nature of thebusiness. I think we have a chance to be a steady, solid organizationfor a while."

stabbed.jpg

The Dodgers froze their ticket prices in 2009, but they raised theaverage ticket price by 75% from 2004 to 2008, the first five years ofMcCourt ownership, according to Team Marketing Report. The price of theaverage major league ticket rose 28% in that time.

In 2004, the Dodgers' average price of $16.92 ranked 20th. In 2008, the Dodgers' average price of $29.66 ranked sixth.
angry.jpg

I'm absolutely speechless

I remember in 03 and 04 I used to always go with friends after school to the stadium and pay $6. Now I think some pavillion seats are $ 18(I think) day of the game
laugh.gif
its a joke

bro we used to go to SO MANY games back then. $6 Giant series in LF on the regular with about 8-10 every time it never failed/

Before anyone would drive we'd take the metro to union station and catch the $2 Dodger shuttle up to the stadium, and my parents would pick us up at the 110 stadium way offramp. We used to get so many cheap $$% eBay tickets from some seller in loge section 162 row D. Once my brother misspelled the name and searched "dogers" , found some tickets and we ended up only spending 96 cents on them damn tickets in the reserve..

As the article and comments state, you can't do stuff like that anymore, resellers and so on have bought them all up and eBay which once was the spot for tickets on the low now is just another stubhub trap i.e. Ticketmaster and TicketsNow

laugh.gif
 van full of high school kids going to dodger stadium was a regular. getting there before the workers were even there cuz we were hyped for batting practice
laugh.gif

stubhubs fees are ridiculous. they are CAKING  bigtime!!!
you can get cheap tix on craigslist but sometimes its a hassle meeting up with people and finding a conveniant place.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

bro we used to go to SO MANY games back then. $6 Giant series in LF on the regular with about 8-10 every time it never failed/

Before anyone would drive we'd take the metro to union station and catch the $2 Dodger shuttle up to the stadium, and my parents would pick us up at the 110 stadium way offramp. We used to get so many cheap $$% eBay tickets from some seller in loge section 162 row D. Once my brother misspelled the name and searched "dogers" , found some tickets and we ended up only spending 96 cents on them damn tickets in the reserve..

As the article and comments state, you can't do stuff like that anymore, resellers and so on have bought them all up and eBay which once was the spot for tickets on the low now is just another stubhub trap i.e. Ticketmaster and TicketsNow

Damn...this would be the life
pimp.gif
, was never able to do that stuff growing up with Fenway being so expensive at the time (esp the World Series years...$100 to sit in the bleachers minimum
sick.gif
)

It is crazy about StubHub and eBay and all those sites though...the internet has caused all event prices to skyrocket, cause it's so much easier for the people with larger incomes to WANT to scoop up some seats with sports being one of the biggest venues of entertainment now

Back
Top Bottom