OFFICIAL 2010 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD : Mods, please lock. Thanks.

Chills for a whole hour
laugh.gif
frown.gif

I ran into Fernando in the elevator heading up to top of the park before game one of last years NLDS with my girl and one of my boys.

We got in at the reserve level, and right behind us was Fernando getting in. I was rubbing shoulders with him and couldn't muster up the courage to even introduce myself much less ask for a picture or a handshake.

He got off at the club level headed to work, and I didn't say a word until I got off. Felt like a kid just seeing him in the flesh 
frown.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Hey IRONMAN, you know I am not one to talk $$**.....but I have a question for you. If my sig said "San Francisco Giants, 5 time World Champion" what would you say to that?
laugh.gif

Go ahead and put it, it wouldn't bother me one bit.  Doesn't change the fact that in the 52 years in San Francisco, the Giants have an empty trophy case.

The entire jab is that you guys haven't won since 1954. 

Hopefully it continues
wink.gif

fernando 30 for 30 was eh.

the clubhouse shouldnt have to have faith in the front office, those bums should have faith in themselves. they had enough talent to at least contend for a playoff spot this year. bunch of mental midgets, thats why they couldnt get past the Phils yet the Giants could.

Yeah, I had some dude clear the codes again, drove it around for 30miles ending at the same spot I got pretested at on Pioneer, and passed.

5 minutes later, the CEL came back on. Later that night, my car died on me
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

All of this happened last Monday, had to replace the crankshaft sensor which was causing my car to not start, I had a fuse missing which in turn locked my gearbox in park unless i'd press down on the emergency unlock (this didn't start happening until my car wouldn't start). Also had to replace a belt tensioner and my alternator which were rattling and on their last legs. Now with all of that done, it was all well until the next day when the car started spitting out new codes, leading my pops friend to ask his neighbor who's a Nissan tech what it could be, and apparently with it doing that it was symptoms of the ECM (car computer) starting to die out.

Been trying to find a matching ECM since last Thursday to finally get my ride back, but no luck. Looking at maybe $700 in repairs and parts, but had I taken it to the dealer it'd easily be upward of 2K
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yo 562 did you ever find a Hatclub membership to scoop up that 1988 World Series Patch Dodger hat?

....or did you settle and buy the 2010 Giants World Series Patch hat?

tongue.gif

I keed, I keed

I think the '88 hat is going to be a wide release soon.  It's cool and all, too bad they didn't have patches back in '88.  They began appearing in 1996.

laugh.gif
 you need a new car

Ironman you assuming or have insider info? i kinda hope it's a wide release and releases at lids so i can get it for >30 instead of $45+ online after tax and shipping

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Yo 562 did you ever find a Hatclub membership to scoop up that 1988 World Series Patch Dodger hat?

....or did you settle and buy the 2010 Giants World Series Patch hat?

tongue.gif

I keed, I keed

I think the '88 hat is going to be a wide release soon.  It's cool and all, too bad they didn't have patches back in '88.  They began appearing in 1996.
laugh.gif
  you dudes
30t6p3b.gif

Nahh I never found someone to hook it up with a membership code, although i'm still looking (
nerd.gif
)

- - Any info on a sale?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

MrJ my car is an 04 but has a !#@% ton of miles on it. I've had the good (?) luck of not having to worry about any repairs after 6 years until now when the car hit 140K miles (bought with 20K)

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

MrJ my car is an 04 but has a !#@% ton of miles on it. I've had the good (?) luck of not having to worry about any repairs after 6 years until now when the car hit 140K miles (bought with 20K)
What kind of car is it?  If you don't mind me asking....

04 Altima

Trips to TJ/SD, extended family in the 909, my sister lives in sherman oaks, dodger games, I don't do anything out here in LB so i'm always driving out. I worked in Buena Park for a year so there's that, and i'd come back home shower up and head back to the girlfriend at the times house in Anaheim in that same year.

This car has definitely been good to me

Get outta here man, I have the same car, same year.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have exactly 100k miles on it.  Never had problems at all, but then again, never taken it to any road trips. 

This car is so reliable, bought it brand new with only 6 miles on it, 2-3 miles of those were on the test drive. 

Hoping it will last me a while longer, so I won't have to start thinking about a new car.
Don't think I will buy another Nissan, only because they initially have a lot of recalls, and it's a hassle taking the time to take it in.

Would love to get me an Audi A4 or Infiniti M
pimp.gif

Hey fellas,
I have a 98 sentra that I use for work. But since 04 the odometer stop working(i dont know why).
laugh.gif
I have driven this car to Vegas twice, SD 3x, Reno once, from RC to LA multiple times, so I wouldn't know how many miles it should have(currently 91K). But the odometer started working again when the Lakers won the chip this year.
roll.gif
Yup this car took care of me. and you could kind of hear, it needs a big overhaul or something. But that good I got a new car for travel.

I was looking at my Dodger hat and thinking, " how old is my hat?" I bought mines in 08 cuz my previous one was lost at my friends house after a night with Don julio . I was wondering how old is your guy's' hat?

I used to rock a new one at the beginning of each season

The current one I have is after they clinched in 08. I have a few more fresh ones that I stocked up on during last offseasons 50% off sale

mine is like 4-5 years old. white lining on the inside of the cap looks pretty grimy now. maybe ill buy a new one soon.

Congrats to my dude 562... I know he's out there popping bottles with his Buster Posey WS patch jersey on....

Do your thing bro...

No luck,  they are our Opening Day opener and we are their Opening Day opener.

I'm sure they are going to have their ring ceremony on Opening Day.

Back
Top Bottom