OFFICIAL 2010 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD : Mods, please lock. Thanks.

on a serious note, im interested to see what the pavilion is going to be like next year now that they are jacking the prices up so much. 25 dollars for day of game? *%#
It's still going to be the left field pavilion 
laugh.gif

Now that the McCourts are not going to renovate the Stadium, hypothetically speaking, are you guys more of a fan of the behemoth stadium that Dodger Stadium is or a smaller more intimate venue.

I think Ironman is trying to hype up Santee Alley.
laugh.gif

Only been there once, out of curiosity.  Flower District on the other hand
smokin.gif

i remember a few years ago thinking downtown was going to be awesome but then the whole gentrification hit a stall. too bad about that.
Depends on what you define as awesome.  I don't think gentrification "stalled", it slowed down a bit.  A Football stadium would be the final boom.  The fear amongst people that do venture into Downtown frequently is that it will become too "Hollywood"  (If you have been the the Hollywood/Sunset scene you know what I'm talking about.).

Anyways, bring it to City of Industry - this place needs something else besides Puente Hills Mall and Jurassic Cafe

City of Industry is a dump, sorry to dissapoint the folks that reside on that side of the 605,
laugh.gif

Downtown isn't perfect, it's definitely better than 5 years ago.  It has it's charms, can't say the same for City of Industry.

Now that the McCourts are not going to renovate the Stadium, hypothetically speaking, are you guys more of a fan of the behemoth stadium that Dodger Stadium is or a smaller more intimate venue.

Dodger Stadium is still Dodger Stadium to me, where would the team go? It wouldn't be in LA I know that much. UNLESS they build a new one on the same parking lot and raze the current, but even then i'm not a fan.

The stadium is just going on 50 years old, with any luck we can get rid of this #$* of an owner and bring someone local in who appreciates the stadium and the history, and will continue in the renovations that had many of ours hopeful of accomplishing under the McC's
30t6p3b.gif

as long as 20000 homeless people still live downtown it will never become hollywood/sunset. a football stadium would only change that if they leveled entire blocks of buildings.

i think gaslamp is awesome because it doesnt smell like piss, they fully eradicated the trash out of that area. its nothing like downtown LA. actually every major city ive ever been to has a better downtown than LA. it was on its way there but like i said it hasnt fully happened and probably wont for a long long time.

you can call city of industry a dump but no one actually lives in the city of industry. theres no way you are going to call the areas around it a dump though. go look at median house prices/income levels in walnut, diamond bar and rowland heights. if that constitutes a dump, id like to know where you live.

Yeah, City of Industry isn't really a "city" if that makes sense.

It isn't a dump bro, don't get it twisted with the IE.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Yeah, City of Industry isn't really a "city" if that makes sense.

It isn't a dump bro, don't get it twisted with the IE.

I consider Industry one in the same with Commerce.

awwwwww look at you dudes trying to defend you area

that !$** is a %!%++%% DUMP END OF STORY

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

as long as 20000 homeless people still live downtown it will never become hollywood/sunset. a football stadium would only change that if they leveled entire blocks of buildings.

i think gaslamp is awesome because it doesnt smell like piss, they fully eradicated the trash out of that area. its nothing like downtown LA. actually every major city ive ever been to has a better downtown than LA. it was on its way there but like i said it hasnt fully happened and probably wont for a long long time.
You ever been to San Francisco.

Doesn't change the fact that it's a nice city, and homeless are everywhere.

Plus, you make it seem like the homeless are everywhere, they all pretty much got pushed into skid row, and it's only a matter of time before skid row is moved to another location.

theres no way you are going to call the areas around it a dump though. go look at median house prices/income levels in walnut, diamond bar and rowland heights.
How is this relevant?
laugh.gif

You honestly think the people from the Westside want to drive all the way to City of Industry.

Yes, I'm aware of Rowland Heights, Walnut, Diamond Bar...it's Beverly Hills of the IE.

You aren't fooling anyone those cities don't carry the clout of San Marino, Pasadena/So. Pasadena, Beverly Hills, Hollywood Hills, etc. etc.
id like to know where you live.
Alhambra

Bottom line is there are more pockets of wealth to the the West of the 605.  Roski landed on City of Industry because it would be less of a political headache and he could develop it himself.  Downtown will be a pain in the neck for him unless he teams with AEG which can basically get any permit they want.  Also, they wont have to knock down buildings.  The plan is to raze the LA Convention Center, build a Football Stadium and maybe use it as a multi-purpose facility.

If the next LA Football team owner wants a Laker type crowd, it will not happen in City of Industry.

yeah but san fran isnt a dump unless you venture into tenderloin. the majority of the downtown area is upper class. plus there is 10x more to do in downtown SF than in LA. the 2 areas arent really comparable. i like hanging out downtown, i just dont think theres anything awesome about it, just more typical overpriced bars. i prefer the westside.

what i said was relevant because you called the area a dump. its not. im not trying to fool anyone or say those areas have clout, im saying they arent slums. you think people wont drive to an nfl stadium, like they dont already in SF, SD, Arizona, Dallas blah blah. none of those are near any downtown area. i agree with you in general but not for the reason of distance.

the bandwagon fans that wont drive from the westside to industry wont drive to downtown either. You could put that stadium off of 3rd st in santa monica and it still wont sell out with a losing team because this is LA. i mean, its not even hard to get lakers tickets anymore. imagine a football team trying to charge 600 a game for club seats and then PSL fees on top of that. look at the cowboys, you can actually finance PSLs over a 20 year period. who does that? you know that wont even fly here.
laugh.gif

the only thing i was trying to point out was that downtown LA is nothing special at all. A football stadium isnt going to improve that. Our downtown will never be like any other city. It has a stigma that wont go away unless major gentrification continues where it left off in 2006.

personally, i thought they should have built it where the home depot center is. %!%$, im even ok with the coliseum. but to me its all the same. carson, industry, downtown. who cares, none of those areas are bringing a ton of unique pre or postgame entertainment. and for only 8 games a year, it probably doesnt matter anyway.

by the way, i dont doubt AEG could get permits quickly or anything but the reason the media has a hard-on over Roski's plan is because he could literally break ground tomorrow if a team signed the paperwork to move. all ridiculous environmental surveys and bs like that are all finished/approved or whatever. Its basically the closest anyone has been but its still probably not going to happen.

[h3]http://www.memoriesofkevinmalone.com/2010/10/dodgers-close-to-three-year-deal-with.html[/h3]
[h3]Dodgers Sign Ted Lilly To New Deal Pending Physical[/h3]Per Ken Rosenthal.
Source: #Dodgers, Lilly close on 3-year contract. Announcement could come as soon as Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. #Cubs #MLB
Unsure if want.

All depends if they are paying him like a #3/#4 or if they are paying him like he is a #2/#3.

Update: Dylan Hernandez says it's done.
Source: Ted Lilly has agreed to terms of a new deal with the #Dodgers. Physical scheduled for next week.
Please be less than 7 million annually. Please, please, please.

grin.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
hmm

Just throwing this out there would you trade Kemp for Jair Jurrjens straight up?

I keep hearing they are shopping him around.

As frustrating as Kemp has been his whole career, I wouldn't give up a bat who still has that potential when our broke ownership doesn't have the money or resources to replace it.

the bandwagon fans that wont drive from the westside to industry wont drive to downtown either. You could put that stadium off of 3rd st in santa monica and it still wont sell out with a losing team because this is LA.

who cares, none of those areas are bringing a ton of unique pre or postgame entertainment. and for only 8 games a year, it probably doesnt matter anyway.

laugh.gif
I guess ones thoughts aren't well conveyed with just an emoticon

I was thinking off the bench?

EDIT: I've got to be honest, with every fringe player that hits Free Agency, I automatically throw them in a uni because they'll be fairly cheap. It's the new Dodger Way
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom